“Worst stay of anywhere ever!!!!”

WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Austin, Texas
“Worst stay of anywhere ever!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

This place is rock bottom and horrible. Dont expect good customer service. The walls are paper thin and you will hear coughs from the next room let alone everything else. Moved us into dirty room and had to switch, then put us in one with fleas , and third time was a charm. We should have cancelled right then and there but we needed a place to stay til house was completed. They put all partiers on top two floors so you cant get quite up there. In addition you will hear them all stomp and have sex and party above you. Security is a joke they do nothing. Doors constantly have to be reprogrammed because your key will only work a few days at a time. Front desk rude and Maint Eddie is worthless. He is completely unknowledgeable and will try to pick a fight with guests if you inquire about a delayed maintenance call. Management does nothing about his angry beligerant behavior. Small wimpy guy that couldnt hurt anyone but hides behind fact that customers are smarter, and more professional and wont hit an emplyee even though he baits them. Hes constantly telling guests how he wants a new job. Not a family friendly hotel at all. Unless you want to educate your children about weed, sex, loud partying, and how to be rude and dirty. Pay the extra cash and stay elsewhere you have been politley warned. Its well worth the extra cash to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay dont be fooled by low price theres a reason its low. Pay extra stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank warwickplayer74
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Value Place Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

i was down in florida last year i spent a few months here i cant believe people can slander this place! the rooms were sooo clean, i could never stay in filth im on chemo and i go to a facility close by for treatment! and the people who work here were so kind and helpful. it blows my mind that people can be so negitive and to put down jerry who i called smilie who works the front desk amazes me !he was so nice .... i have to go back to the treatment center soon and will be staying here again for a few months.....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
October 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Front desk was good...but after it closes you are on your own. They have a after hours number but it is always busy and that is because the person who is susposed to answer it is not on property.....The noise was so loud that I could hear the music in the elevator from other floors. I was also told by the front desk that the nosie was from all the drug dealers who stay there and the crack prostitutes who use this place as a office.. so that will tell you that the story about bed bugs are true......now that come from the people that work there.....would not stay again or reconmend to anyone else....

Room Tip: To find a good room here....go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank tom h

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Be aware BedBugs all over the rooms! I was so disgusted.I book 2 rooms and both of them had bedbugs. GM, Jerry I think, was very rude and unfriendly! i will never be back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah M
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast, responded to this review, 2 April 2012

Millheim, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The place was clean and quiet. First night there, my phone rang all night long. They had my phone as the maintenance number. Staff was helpful but NO one smiled or was outwardly friendly. Wasn't what I expected. It is a rental and you have to do your own cleaning. Wasn't make clear in ad. No pool and a list of things that will get you evicted with no warning. I won't stay at this Value Place again. Unless its under new management.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LINN A
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast, responded to this review, 29 March 2012

Port Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at the Value Place on Colonial Blvd in Fort Myers for almost 2 weeks while we waited for our house purchase to go through.We were pleasantly surprised.It was clean and very quiet for such a large facility and in such a busy part of the city.It felt safe at all times.We would suggest using your own linens,which we did.Their towels and sheets are OK,but for longer than a few nights,your own would be better.The laundry facilities were good,the office help was always helpful and efficient.The office is closed on Sunday,so plan for that.We always had hot water,the fridge was full-sized and clean.All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and if you are not a smoker,be sure not to settle for a room on a smoking...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Xenia, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was the first time I have stayed at a Value Place. I had a slight problem pertaining to a credit card with my reservation. It had not put the cost in pending and with the rental car, my card was almost full. My plane had been delayed so it was after midnight when I got to the hotel. Kenny was on duty and we worked to figure out what was going on. He was very helpful and when we figured things out he got the GM, Jerry, and he went above and beyond to help me out so I could spend my week there. I am so grateful for the whole staff that I dealt with. All 3 were very friendly and helpful with any inquiries I had. I will definately book here on my next trip, which is usually an annual event. THANK YOU.

Room Tip: My first floor room was quiet even though this hotel is located on an extremely busy street. Having...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo