“Great place to conduct business”

Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great place to conduct business”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed here for 3 weeks. I felt safe comfortable and well taken care of.

There were a few mishaps. One they gave a key card to another guest to my room.... but was fix on the spot.

They do have low flow toilet so I had a few minor problems. Though resolved quickly.
Batteries died for the remote on TV replaced quickly.

AHHH. Cell phone service for ALL carriers inside the Hotel is spotty. I had to stand next to a window to use mine..
But wifi and computer service in rooms was excellent.

Otherwise friendly and knowledgeable staff.

No problem on the billing .
Pictures are what you see is what you get
Place is well maintained. Inside and out.

One other note. The pond behind the Hotel. They have pets. One is named Happy and the other is Half Tail.
One is happy cuz he ate the other gator tail. LOL
The local alligators 6-7 feet long. Plus a snapping turtle about30 inches
big.

NOTE: High season is October 15-April 15. Tourist season..
That was fun, let's go again!

US Post Office
US Post Office
1.5 star rating

You added a photo

Share your review

Shared on Facebook
Email to friends

Room Tip: TV have sleep mode and air conditiong goes off when you leave, on when returns,Cell phone spotty
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rholland63
Qdan, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
We're glad you met our "pets" in or private pond. Thanks for the three week stay and we hope to see you again when you're in the Fort Myers/Sanibel area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Granite City, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Tons of Amenities, Clean as a whistle and great Value!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lucille90
Thanks for the review! Everyone does love our secluded location and the quietness. Please stop by when you are in the area again.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed there 7 nights at the end of January 2011, while visiting my uncle and aunt that spend the winter in a RV Park nearby. The rooms are spacious, very comfy bed and sheets and decent size bathroom. The kitchenette was perfect for me to prepare myself some snack and ot came filled with the basic kitchen necessities, which was awesome! Guests can borrow (for free) DVD's at the front desk too.

The only downside is that the walls are a little thin...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank NW29
Ocala
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were on our way back home driving to Ocala from vacating in Key West when we decided to stay overnight in Fort Myers. We stopped at a fast food chain and picked up the discounted hotel booklet and saw a really good rate at the Candlewood Suites off of I-75. The hotel was a few miles off of I-75 and a little hard to find but WOW was it worth it. The rooms were clean, smelled fresh, well organized, updated in warm neutral colors. The staff was friendly, helpful and greeted us with a smile. This was the first great nights sleep in a week that I had on this extremely comfortable bed.There were free DVD's for our viewing, a pool and close to restaurants. The hotel was quiet at night, no freeway traffic or noisey guests. We had a very pleasant stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first before paying for it.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank luggerts
Great tip of the day! Don't forget to find us in area coupon books at restaurants and welcome centers. Although they are based upon availability; they are a great value when travelling on I-75. Thanks for the great review.
Lido Beach, NY
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Candlewood Suites at Fort Myers Sanibel Gateway was clean, quiet, well maintained with large rooms, reasonably priced and excellent staff. The hotel is nestled in a secluded area off Sumerlin with plenty of parking, laundry and a gym on premise.
The food pantry had great snacks, including meals that can be microwaved, coffee each morning and a variety of sundries. While it may lack the bells & whistles i.e. breakfast and fancy body lotions, shampoos and conditioners, the room size, full kitchen and seating area made up for the usual glitz that actually takes away from the accomodations and increases the cost. I had a one bedroom and a friend stayed in a studio - we were both thrilled with our accomodations and will absolutely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Goodwittch
Thanks for the great review! We can't wait to see you again soon.
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed here from July 7th to 16th. I was hesitatnt to stay here initially due to low ratings on my company's internal travel website but I decided to look at the reviews here on trip advisor, and I'm so glad I did. I was in Ft Myers on business and wanted to stay somewhere safe (since I was alone) yet centrally located. I was pleasantly surprised at my room and the hotel itself. Yes, the location was a little bit strange (it was behind some other buildings on a side road) but once you actually found the hotel it was fine. The room was spacious, clean and had every thing a little apartment would..stove, fridge, microwave utensils etc...and although there are no restaurants in walking distance, there were plenty within a very short drive. The staff was very friendly and they have free DVD rentals and free laundry! Housekeeping only comes once a week but that was fine by me, you could always go to the front desk to exchange towels if needed. Overall I loved staying there and would definitely recommend it to any of my friends. You wont regret staying here!

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank Ninja830
Qdan, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thanks for the great review! You are correct in stating that our affordable rates are the best for all of the amenities we have to offer. As many guests have discovered; it's not necessary to overpay for a clean comfortable room when staying in the Fort Myers Sanibel Gateway area. Plus none of the other hotels offer a full kitchen, free laundry and free DVD rentals. Thanks again.
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed at this property for 7 nights for my son's baseball tourney. This hotel has all the amenities of home including the complimentary washer/dryer! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating to everything we needed. The rooms are large, clean and beds extremely comfortable. Located about 5-10 minutes from Ft. Myers Beach. Easy access to all areas of Ft. Myers. We had friends staying on the beach but I would not trade this property for what it offered including price for any other location in Ft. Myers! The property has a pond with alligators as well!! Great view from our room:)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank TheVacationSource
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!