Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Residence Inn Fort Myers(Fort Myers)
View Hotel
Palm City Motel(Fort Myers)
View Hotel
All reviewsnicole loganfront deskmeeting roomhighly recommend this hotelspecial thanksbreakfast was deliciousthe entire staffa great staybreakfast roomhousekeeping staffclean roomseach morningdefinitely stay here againconvenient locationfree breakfastbaseball tournamentft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for a week with a baseball team of 34 players, the staff was wonderful (especially
Marisol and Dawn) and they were able to assist us whenever we had questions or issues. Rooms were great; all the employees (from the manager to the front desk to the housekeepers) were very accommodating and help us whenever we needed it.
We are looking forward to returning again next March.
Thanks for all your hard work and making our stay a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you so much Scott for taking the time to review our hotel!!! We appreciate the guest feedback and I will definitely share your great words about Dawn and Marisol with them! When it comes to team bookings, and taking quality care of guests they are two of the best we have ever had at this property. We hope that your team enjoyed their stay this year, that they did well, and that Fort Myers becomes a repeat destination for them in March 2015!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

As a corporate trainer who travels the south Florida area conducting numerous trainings, I've had quite the variety of experiences when reserving meeting spaces.
That being said, I couldn't have been more pleased with the professionalism and service I received from the team at the Holiday Inn Express. During a quick visit to view the property and to discuss our needs for meeting space, the catering manager, Nicole, gave me several options and made me feel certain our business event would go without a hitch. The day of our event was no different. Nicole and her team made sure we had everything we needed and were more than willing to assist us whenever we had a question. I couldn't come up with something to complain about even if I tried. I'll definitely be using this hotel again when we need to host a small-medium sized event in the area.
Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our review. We appreciate our guests taking the time to post about their experience in staying at our facility. Nicole does a wonderful job ensuring all of the events at our hotel go off without a hitch, in this day and age where so much is done in a less face to face approach, it always reassures our guests with the personal attention and interaction she provides to each of our customers. Thank you for choosing our location, and we hope to keep this partnership going for a long time!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had to travel to Ft. Myers for work so my wife came with me and we stayed a couple of extra days to explore the area. I wanted to use points and this hotel came up as a reasonable choice. Although the location seemed a bit out of the way, it turned out to be very convenient to the airport and access to the freeway, beach area and Sanibel Island was very easy. There is no dedicated restaurant but they have a "typical" basic free breakfast. There are plenty of decent name-brand restaurants nearby. It is a newer facility and the rooms were actually better than those of the Crowne Plaza we had stayed at while I was working.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. We are happy you felt we offered a quality product at a reasonable price. The property is very well kept, and the staff does a great job of holding it all together!! We hope that you will choose our hotel on your next stay in our area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express hotel, but is very clean and is new. It's nearby many shops and restaurants, and had nice breakfast to-go options. Additionally, I stayed in a wheelchair accessible room, and was very satisfied with it. There are many hotels that say they're accessible - the Fort Myers Holiday Inn Express was pretty well thought out from a wheelchair user's perspective. This is the second time I've stayed in the hotel, and I'm always pleased with the staff's kindness and politeness. There was an issue with a buzzing light in the bathroom, and maintenance was there maybe a minute after I hung up the phone with the front desk - and fixed the issue within 10 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location. We always love hearing about our guest stays, and it is great to find out the feedback from people using our accessible rooms with the true overview on actual functionality. You are the second guest I have had that commented on the convenience in our accessible rooms, and they had been on a two week trip, with numerous mobility issues due to the equipment they had to carry with them, and gave report of this being the hotel they had the most comfort/ease in using. We are glad you have used our property multiple times now, and hope you return soon. I am also glad we were able to remedy your small service hiccup with the light almost immediately. The staff here is truly here to make the guest experience a memorable one, and I will surely share your review with them at our weekly meeting!! Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stay at HIE's almost exclusively, and this one was average in all respects.

Positives:
The hotel was centrally located to our travel itinerary. The staff was friendly.

Negatives:
Our room on the 6th floor was stuffy when the A/C wasn't running, largely due to the hallway A/C not working most of the time. Though the hotel is entirely non-smoking, the smell of cigarette smoke was strong in our room one weekend evening, whether from the room next to us or below. NOT the management's fault and they did address the problem the next day, but it was a miserable night. No other rooms were available.

There was a french fry on the floor when we checked in, VERY visible to a cleaning staff, and only one sanitized glass in the bathroom. No issues after that, and we were there for 9 days.

The breakfast area was too small for a hotel of this size. It was full most of the time. Average menu.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howie S
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your honest review about your experience at our location. I am so sorry that we fell short but would like to let you know I appreciate that you are letting us know about your stay. As you can tell from so many of our reviews, we typically get it right but there is always room for improvement, and I am quite embarrassed that your visit did not meet the high standard that we like to set for ourselves in this location. I would like the chance to correct the situation, and perhaps if you return to this area would like to personally handle your reservation to ensure you have that great stay that we feel all of our guests are entitled to. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and feel free to contact me at the property 239 (936-0410) if you would like to discuss your experience further. -Alexa Hardin, General Manager