“Great first time stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great first time stay!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Recently I stayed at this motel and had a GREAT time! I was here visiting family in Ft Myers & Cape Coral. I stayed for 3 nights in a king suite, which was very spacious. I wanted to say thank you to the staff of the hotel, for making my stay extra relaxing. Especially the man at the desk, who was kind enough to give me great places to have dinner as well as printed directions. The motel is located right off the highway making it very easy to travel to the airport, which is only a few minutes away.
I will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am not sure if you were talking about Ryan or Carson but both are great team members and always go the extra mile for our customers. There are so many great things to do in the area and we love making recommendations for travelers to experience what Southwest Florida has to offer. It is surely a laid back treasure and family friendly destination. I will share your great review with my team at our weekly service meeting and I hope we see you back soon!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dania Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my first Holiday Inn Express experience and they made a great impression. I travel here often for work and had trouble finding a room at my usual favorite spots. The staff was very courteous and friendly at check in and throughout my stay. The room was extremely clean and decorated well. It also had a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The room had a nice desk and plenty of lighting. I found the bed very comfortable as well.
I felt the location was very good; near a plaza with several restaurants nearby. For this category of hotel I found the breakfast selection far superior to similar hotels with numerous choices and excellent quality food. I’ll definitely be back to this location next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Lenny, we would like to personally thank you for your great review of our property. We always love hearing from our guests, and those five star reviews help ensure we are maintaining great quality service. I am so glad that you chose our location, and hope we have definitely gained a new customer. There are some great little places nearby the hotel, and we are so convenient being central to all Ft. Myers activities, as well as due to our interstate proximity. I will make sure to share this great review with our staff, and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your accommodations, we hope you will be back soon. We have some great new healthy breakfast options coming!!!
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a 4 day stay at this fabulous hotel. Marisol was very friendly and open. Gave us suggestions as to fun places to go and see. She answered all our questions and laughed with us. Nicole was willing to give us "hall passes" so we could extend our vacation. Regretfully we had to pass on tge passes.

I would recommend this hotel and we plan on staying there again.

Thanks!

John and Ingrid Frisinger

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you Ingrid for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy that Marisol was able to direct you to some fun area activities while you were here in Fort Myers. There truly is not enough time to squeeze in all of the great outdoor activities we have to offer here. Also, thank you for mentioning Nicole, she is a great addition to our team, and always has here list of hall passes ready for anyone needing an extra couple days vacation. We hope to see you back soon.
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently we stayed at this location and can't say enough good things about the housekeeping staff. They are truely a group of unrecognized outstanding workers. We were in a handicap room and when Yaikimi realized are need for maybe some additional assistance, she didn't hestiate and offered her help as well as the help of the rest of the staff while we were staying there. We never had to ask for anything, towels, soap, etc...I think they must have known when we left the hotel because the room was cleaned or restocked several times every day. The housekeeping staff is definietly what makes this hotel efficient and other staff could learn from them, and then they could really be a great hotel.

The hotel is in a close location to the airport, Fort Myers and the beaches.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
The housekeeping staff here is incredible and I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at our facility so others may find there way here. Yaikimy and the girls do a great job with the cleanliness and taking care of guests needs. I will make sure to share your wonderful review with them at our next Guest Services meeting.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 3 April 2014

On our way for a weeks stay on Sanibel Island, we needed a place to stay for one night prior to our reservation starting date. We checked one hotel after another in Ft. Myers but the town was quite full. One hotel clerk mentioned this hotel so we scurried to it lest we have nowhere to sleep for the night. Yes, the Holiday Inn Express had rooms available. That was good. However, they jacked up the price knowing they had something highly desirable at the moment. So we paid the price......$298 for one night with an inferior breakfast included. I'll never do that again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ida M
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I can understand your frustration in regards to pricing. I can assure you our location is not priced any higher than the other comparative properties in the market. The rates were not increased just due to everyone being sold out. You were travelling during the peak tourist season, and this area is very high in demand to the World Series winning Boston Red Sox as well as the Minnesota Twins conducting Spring Training in our market. Please feel free to travel to our location in a time period that is not high demand, and you will see the shift in pricing that the market has. I hope this response was of assistance for your future reservations, and to ensure the best pricing available, please check ahead to see if there are any special events in the area that you will be travelling to.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stay at this hotel a couple times a year and it just keeps getting better! The staff is amazing, the hotel is well kept and it is so close to many great places like the beach, airport, interstate and shopping. I will continue staying at this hotel! I once had to stay at a Hilton property by the airport because this property was sold out and I will never leave this hotel again, if I can't book here... I just wont travel!

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property Mary and we are so happy to see that you are a return guest. We love to know when we've done something right and we have a loyal following. We look forward to your next trip to our area, and hope that you don't take too long to travel back. We have a weekly service meeting, and we will surely share your feedback.
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2014

There wasn't anything particularly "Bad" about this hotel, it just wasn't worth the money. When comparing prices in the Fort Meyers area, the Holiday Inn was comparable to other, Resort style, brand name hotels. We chose Holiday Inn because of the reviews we read, and it's proximity to Jet Blue Park. (Red Sox Spring Training) We had an expectation that just wasn't met. This Holiday Inn is your typical, off highway, spend one night and leave style hotel. If that's all your looking for, then you will probably be satisfied. (Still very pricey if that's all you get) If your looking to stay a few days, relax, and enjoy, this place isn't for you. The location, amenities, pool layout and location, and room all disappointed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We are so sorry that our location fell a little short of what your expectations were. I do see that you came to the area for the Spring Training baseball games as you commented in regards to our proximity to the stadium. I can understand your feelings of value relative to price paid during this time of year. If you are a seasoned traveler than you must be familiar with specific events and time periods where demand is extremely high, so you have a paramount shift in pricing structure in a market. The business model is similar to that of the airlines, and unfortunately the months of February and March in our county are the highest demand periods, as a result, the room rates in the area are all relatively higher than during the months that follow. We are a tourist destination here and the fact that we have two baseball teams in our market that Spring Train is what creates the substantial demand. We have wonderful beaches as well as other tourist attractions in this area, and offer extremely competitive pricing after the baseball ends. Perhaps you would give us another after that time period?! We would love to have you back, and I always recommend to all travelers prior to booking, please check via the internet for special events or high demand time periods when you are going to be travelling because there are many times we have had to send guests hours away because of no accommodations in our entire market, and we would hate for a traveler to be stranded in any area. That goes for any city, not just our specific area. Thank you for reviewing our location, we do appreciate all feedback and I hope this was of assistance for you in regards to future travel.