Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bay of Quinte, Canada
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night and was pleased with the service and amenities. The room was clean and comfortable and the reception was welcoming. The breakfast was excellent and attended to by staff who kept the area restocked and clean. I would stay at this hotel again in future. It is also conveniently located to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent trip. The breakfast staff here always does their best to try to ensure our guests are taken care of, and it does get a bit challenging on those days when we have bus tours or teams but they always seem to pull through. I will be sure to share your kind feedback at our weekly staff meeting, and we hope that you can return again sometime soon. We know those Canadian winters can be brutal, so that may be a wonderful time to get back to the States!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Miami
Reviewed 26 May 2014

There were pros and cons to this hotel. The pros were the comfortable bed with nice sheets, firm and soft pillow selection, refrig, microwave and coffee maker in room, comfortable arm chair and ottoman with good reading light and table next to the chair, nice size desk with free wifi, plenty of drawer space in the dresser, a towel rack for the hand towel in bathroom (my prt peeve when there is none), plenty of vanity space for toiletries, a large walk-in shower (no tub) with a strong water flow. The cons were: small closet with no door, old TV compared to most hotels, room temperature difficult to control. Most annoying was the maidenly slow elevator. Only one of two worked during our entire 3-day stay. It was ALWAYS crowded AND shared by the housekeeping staff who took up the entire elevator with their large cleaning carts during prime checkout time when people need to get on the elevator with their suitcases. There was NEVER anyone at the reception desk. I don't know where they were hiding. It took 10 minutes for a desk agent to appear at 4:00 pm when I wanted to check in. Breakfast was Ok if you like muscling your way thru crowds of people to eat average food. Only one tiny bar of soap was in the bathroom. The soap had to be moved from sink to shower.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor so you can use the stairs and not slow elevator if you're in a hurry.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nancy B
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest review Nancy in regards to your hotel stay at our location. We love to hear all feedback from our guests, and are very sorry to hear that you did not receive the stay that we felt you are entitled to. We always try to get our service right, but from time to time a service hiccup can occur, and we will definitely take your service critiques to heart, and hope you will give us a try on a future stay. Please contact me personally and I will ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your patronage, we understand that you have many choices in lodging, and are honored you chose our location.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Had to stay while doing some remodeling. I could not believe how courteous all the staff was, and helped with any need I had. The entire staff treated me like family. I think I will just stay and sell the house!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you so much for the review of our property, and congratulations on your new home! We are glad your experience was memorable, it is always a goal of the staff to make our guests feel like family and it truly shows in the service they provide. We hope you will keep us in mind if you ever need overnight accommodations again or also if you have friends or family coming to visit! Thank you again for taking the time to provide your review of our facility.
Minot, ND
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Our family really enjoyed this hotel. We were on the way to Key West. We had enjoyed everything from the rooms tO the breakfast! I liked the location as it was near everything That we needed! We will definately be enjoying our time at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. We are so glad you chose us for your travel needs. We are in a great spot and close to so many area attractions, I am pleased you highlighted that in your review. I will be sure to share your five star review at our weekly social media meeting, and hope to see you return again in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Recently I stayed at this motel and had a GREAT time! I was here visiting family in Ft Myers & Cape Coral. I stayed for 3 nights in a king suite, which was very spacious. I wanted to say thank you to the staff of the hotel, for making my stay extra relaxing. Especially the man at the desk, who was kind enough to give me great places to have dinner as well as printed directions. The motel is located right off the highway making it very easy to travel to the airport, which is only a few minutes away.
I will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am not sure if you were talking about Ryan or Carson but both are great team members and always go the extra mile for our customers. There are so many great things to do in the area and we love making recommendations for travelers to experience what Southwest Florida has to offer. It is surely a laid back treasure and family friendly destination. I will share your great review with my team at our weekly service meeting and I hope we see you back soon!!!
Dania Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my first Holiday Inn Express experience and they made a great impression. I travel here often for work and had trouble finding a room at my usual favorite spots. The staff was very courteous and friendly at check in and throughout my stay. The room was extremely clean and decorated well. It also had a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The room had a nice desk and plenty of lighting. I found the bed very comfortable as well.
I felt the location was very good; near a plaza with several restaurants nearby. For this category of hotel I found the breakfast selection far superior to similar hotels with numerous choices and excellent quality food. I’ll definitely be back to this location next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Lenny, we would like to personally thank you for your great review of our property. We always love hearing from our guests, and those five star reviews help ensure we are maintaining great quality service. I am so glad that you chose our location, and hope we have definitely gained a new customer. There are some great little places nearby the hotel, and we are so convenient being central to all Ft. Myers activities, as well as due to our interstate proximity. I will make sure to share this great review with our staff, and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your accommodations, we hope you will be back soon. We have some great new healthy breakfast options coming!!!
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a 4 day stay at this fabulous hotel. Marisol was very friendly and open. Gave us suggestions as to fun places to go and see. She answered all our questions and laughed with us. Nicole was willing to give us "hall passes" so we could extend our vacation. Regretfully we had to pass on tge passes.

I would recommend this hotel and we plan on staying there again.

Thanks!

John and Ingrid Frisinger

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you Ingrid for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy that Marisol was able to direct you to some fun area activities while you were here in Fort Myers. There truly is not enough time to squeeze in all of the great outdoor activities we have to offer here. Also, thank you for mentioning Nicole, she is a great addition to our team, and always has here list of hall passes ready for anyone needing an extra couple days vacation. We hope to see you back soon.