“Staycation / Business”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Staycation / Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel was about 40 minutes from Captiva. Certainly worth the travel time as it is directly across the street from the Forum shopping plaza. Breakfast was all fresh and hot. Upon entering the hotel, I was greeted by Dawn. She was extremely pleasant and smiling during my entire checkin. If anyone routinely use Holiday Inn's, Intercontinental hotels or any hotel in the IHG family, I urge you to consider the Ambassador Club. The benefits far outweigh the cost.
Yes, I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Join the Ambassador Club as the room benefits outweigh the cost over the year.
Green Features: rooms extremely spacious, non-smoking and remodeled.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on recent Fort Myers visit. It looks as though you are a frequent IHG Brand seeker, and we truly appreciate your brand loyalty!!! I must agree the Ambassador program is a great program and worth it. Dawn is a true service professional, and we are so lucky to have someone of her caliber working with us. I will share your wonderful comments and review with her this week. I hope that we will see you again in the near future, and appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Woerden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Went here for two night with my family and we rented two rooms.

The hotel is easy to reach and on the cross point of two main roads (I-75 and Colonial Blvd) which is very convenient. Many stores and restaurants are close by.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms were very clean and the beds were great. Breakfast was also good and the wifi reception was good. The hotel also had a swimming pool but we didn't use that during our stay.

Taking the pricing into account I consider this great value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for staying at our location while you were in Fort Myers! We are so happy that you felt our property was a great value and felt this property worthy of a five star review! I hope you had the chance to experience all our city has to offer from shopping to laid back beach atmosphere. We look forward to your future stays!!!
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

During my Florida road trip, I decided to stay in Fort Myers and chose the Holiday Inn Express. This was a great choice and I highly recommend this hotel. Some observations:

Pros:

Check-in: I stayed there on 8/4/14, and the woman who checked me in was very pleasant and professional. Although they initially put me in a room next to the elevators (and the hotel occupancy was very low), they very pleasantly moved my room upon request and called to make sure it was a good fit. I love it when hotels do this- such great service touches that make the difference. Additionally, she also signed me up for the hotel's rewards program and was very quick and efficient about it.

Rooms: the rooms are very new and nicely decorated. My room had a desk, desk chair and club chair to relax in. Additionally they provide a microwave, refrigerator and in-room coffee. The bathroom was spacious and clean and the water pressure was nice nice.

WiFi: great in-room WiFi.

C-store: they have a small space where they sell limited refreshments and personal supplies which I always appreciate.

Complimentary breakfast buffet: they provide many delicious offerings- scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage/biscuits and gravy, cereals, pastries, bagels, coffee/tea and juices. Everything is well organized and cleanly presented.

Clean and pleasant lobby: you can usually tell a lot about a hotel based on their lobby, and this was true with this hotel.

Cons:

Hallways: I don't believe that they use air conditioning in the hallways on the floors with rooms, so they are quite humid during Florida summers. Additionally, there was a smell of rotting fruit near the elevator, likely something in the trash exacerbated by the higher hallway temperature.

Again, I highly recommend this hotel (and I'm a critical reviewer- check out my other reviews!).

Green Features: I'm not a fan of hotels that offer these policies when the guest needs to prompt the hotel to clean/replace towels by placing a card on the bed, etc. It should be the other way around- if we don't want you to replace linens/sheets, we should indicate so.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our location, we appreciate all customer feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, but disheartened at the same time that we weren't able to earn one of those five star reviews. I appreciate all of your comments, and that is truly how we are able to become one of the most popular hotel choices for travelers. I did go and personally scour the hallways, and we did modify our air conditioning temperature. It appeared that the upper floors do get a little stuffier than the lower floors, and I noticed in particular the floors with the guest laundry having the highest temperatures. I thank you on behalf of my future guests for your keen observation as that was definitely an area for opportunity for us at our hotel. It is those little things that can set us apart from the competition, and we want all of our guests to have the service experience that they deserve. We look forward to your future stays with us if you return, and maybe next time we will earn that five star review!!! Have a wonderful summer.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked my law firm to stay for a lengthy period of time with several, nit-picky requests and they met each and every one of them. The hotel is extremely convenient to get to and it has all the right stores and restaurants very close by. Management went above and beyond our expectations (not to mention, still had a designer purse in their lost and found after departure two weeks prior). I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of what I know is a hectic schedule to review our property. We love those "nit-picky" guests, it keeps us on our toes and always raises our level of service expectations so we welcome them!!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and also happy your personal items were returned in a timely manner. The housekeeping staff here is incredible, and always ensure our guests left behind belongings are well cared for. We hope that you will be able to return to our area again soon to enjoy some of our local activities, and spend some personal time. Once again, thanks for the review, it helps others find their way to our GREAT hotel and with reviews like yours it shows them that this is truly a hotel to add to their travel list.
Lehigh Acres, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I only stayed overnight, I live 2 miles down the road. My AC broke down so we decided to go there and spend the night because of the heat. They front office gal was very pleasant. The room was very clean and comfortable. A little disappointed at breakfast, the eggs tasted sour (spoiled) told the attendant about them, she said thanks for letting me know. I thought she would take them away as not to have anyone get sick. She did not he went over and stirred them and left them :(

Room Tip: All are in a quiet area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the facility, and love hearing the feedback from our customers. We would like to thank you for your patronage, and understand you had many options for your stay and chose our location. I am so sorry you had a bad experience with our eggs, we contacted our vendor in regards to them, and it appears they sent us a different brand than we typically have at the property. I do agree with you, and they did have a taste that was not up to our standards. I apologize for the discomfort that caused you. It is by hearing vital feedback such as yours that helps us improve on a daily basis. We hope to see you on better terms in the near future, and we will share your review at our staff meeting!! Thanks again.
Catonsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a great hotel, very centrally located to the baseball fields and close to the airport. The price was right and the rooms were spacious and clean and the staff just great. The only difficulty was with the laundry facilities; one of the washers was broken and the wait to wash uniforms was tedious. All in all, a very nice place, especailly if your team is traveling together. We were not and so we became very familiar with Ft. Meyers and the beaches.

1 Thank CatonsvillePirateMom
Thank you for your wonderful review of our location, and we do LOVE having our sports teams! WE are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our property. We have a weekly staff meeting discussing all of our reviews and any improvements or highlights from the week. Yours will definitely be shared, and we look forward to many future baseball visits to our hotel. We LOVE PERFECT GAME BASEBALL!!! We are so sorry about the inconvenience of the out of order laundry machine, we have been having an issue receiving the part from the manufacturers so it did leave us one machine down, I can assure you that is not a typical issue for our location. Thanks again for your patronage!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

After a late night flight into Ft Meyers, we arrived at the hotel after 11 PM. We were greeted by a friendly staff that was prompt and efficient. They answered all our questions and asked if they could help us in an way. The hotel lobby was clean and fresh as were the rooms. The rooms were quiet and we were across the hall from the elevator. The next morning the breakfast was fresh and hot. We checked out the next day and was greeted by another friendly staff. I will stay here again.

1 Thank Ron A
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our location. We love hearing from our guests first hand about how their perception of our hotel is. I am glad the staff got that five star review from you in regards to your stay!!! That is what they all strive for, there are many hotels out there to choose from and we are so thrilled you made ours your hotel of choice. We hope you will be back to our area again soon, and we will have another spotless room waiting for you!