“Not in the hub but close”

Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
“Not in the hub but close”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Came to the area for Twins spring training baseball. Just a few miles to the park and a few miles to Sanibel Island. This hotel is nothing special but you don't come here to stay in the room, you come to enjoy the area.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank djdahlen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear djdahlen,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. However, I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at your hotel on 8/14/13. As soon as I walked in, your staff was very attentive. I was helped by Courtney. She was wonderful, friendly, professional, informative. I would make it a point to stay at your hotel every time I am in the area because of your staff and service, especially with her there.

Rick Freeman

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rick F
Anand D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank-You for your feedback, I will ensure that your feedback is shared with our team and associates are rewarded. We look forward to your future stay.
Thanks!
Anand D.
Annandale, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently stayed in this Holiday Inn in celebration of my dad's 90th birthday. It is newly renovated and when I called in March, I was able to secure a great deal through Lindsay Burch. Everyone from the front desk (wish I could remember their names) to the cleaning staff were very accommodating. We were a large group and they constantly asked if we needed anything. We went to the bar one evening and the bar tender was very entertaining. I would definitely recommend this Holiday Day Inn to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorrie M
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hotel is very clean and the staff attentive. Lighting in the bathroom was good and the room was quite and very nicely furnished. The hotel was full with a youth baseball function-but quite. I would stay here again! Wonderful experience

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lawssm
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I went to Fort Myers to go to Lee Memorial Hospital- one of my family members was in critical condition and their status was to be determined. The hotel was in close proximity, and had a special rate for people visiting someone in the hospital. The hotel has just finished a renovation and it looks lovely! The rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable, the restaurant was very affordable and had a pleasant male bartender with glasses, as well as a very nice girl in the morning- I think she was new but she was most helpful! Under the circumstances, my stay could not have been better!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Samantha P
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A few weeks ago, my husband and I took a trip to Florida. We plan on retiring next year and would like to spend the winter months in Florida. We stayed in a few different hotels and this was probably the best. It has been newly renovated. It was very clean and beds comfortable. The front dest staff was very friendly. After being in the car for most of the day, we went into the lounge for a cocktail. We relaxed there and enjoyed the company of the bartenter/waiter , Jerry Burgess. He couldn't have been any more friendly and helpful. He told us he would also be the one there for breakfast the next morning so we went back to see him, All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank R0nnee
Costa Rica, MS
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Went to Fort Myers for a weekend to visit family and found this hotel on my way ... The Front Desk staff and concierge were super nice ... Housekeeping went beyond my expectations to make me feel like I was at home... The Room and everything looks new like it has been just renovated.. Breakfast was the best I've ever had.. You gotta try the Omellete's they are just delicious... I gotta admit the aerea it's not the best but once you are inside the hotel, you forget about it.. Remember you can't always judge a book by the cover.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
#29 of 59 in Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area? Share your experiences!