“New, clean, and friendly”

Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Upstate NY
“New, clean, and friendly”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Nice new hotel. The staff was helpful and very courteous. Breakfast was just O.K. The free breakfast usually offered sliced grapefruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, some fresh fruit, but not frequently replenished. A couple of days they had sausage gravy with biscuits. The push was to get you to pay to order something more substantial.

Maid service was great and the room was very clean. Angel, at the front desk, was cheerful and helpful. My wife enjoyed that they had Starbucks coffee and Newspapers available in the morning (WSJ or USA Today)

Very convenient to I75 but I was surprised one reviewer mentioned easy access to the beaches. Plan on a 40 min drive to any beach with traffic.

Free Wi-fi and it worked well. Overall I would recommend this hotel, it was very reasonable for the price paid

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winter_escape_NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a decent Hyatt Place in a convenient location just North of the Fort Myers Airport. Hyatt Place does a great job nationally with the brand, creating uniformity in the accommodations. The common areas were great, and the room was perfectly appointed as I expected from the other properties. The fitness center was outstanding- slightly bigger than most Hyatt Places and it had great cardio machines free weights. The pool is outdoors and looked nice as well.

The reason for the average rating is that this hotel lacked in service. I am fairly loyal to Hyatt (20-30 nights/year) and have gotten used to great attention to detail. At this hotel, I was given what must be one of the worst rooms in the place despite platinum status. While clean (the most important factor), the window looked right into a wall. It looks like there are about 8 rooms with this treat of a view- they are all on the backside of the building in the corners. I just wish they would have told me or put me somewhere else.

The most annoying part was the horrible service at breakfast. I rolled in at 9:10 (breakfast was posted from 6:30-9:30) and it looked like a 3rd world McDonalds after the lunch rush. The garbages were overflowing, they were out of yogurt, spoons, knives (there were 3 forks), sliced fruit, whole fruit, most bread products, and almost all the plates.
I asked the guy at the front desk if breakfast was still open, and he said "Yes, but they are probably letting things wind down". I showed him that they were out of everything, and he seemed slightly surprised and to his credit- asked if he could get me anything. However, I'm not going to make the front desk guy go search the kitchen for a banana and a yogurt for me. I just grabbed one lonely looking bagel and the last cream cheese and hit the road.

This hotel has great potential, but they need to get that Hyatt "focus on the customer" that the other properties seem to have. I doubt I'll be back- there are a ton of new hotels in the area that I will likely try next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the back corners- my room ended in *33 and it was one of the bad ones. I'd also suggestin...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My wife and son (aged 2) and I stayed at the Hyatt Place 20 -> 21 november 2011.
The hotel looks brand new. The reception is made in a very lounge kind of way, with big sofa's and a bar connected to the reception counter.
The rooms are very large and spacious.
Free parking and a very clean pool.

The variety of breakfast is though very limited, but you can buy scrambled eggs etc on the side.
A really nice hotel if you've got a rentalcar.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place to attend our friends wedding in Ft. Myers on 11/11/11. The bride was able to obtain a block of rooms at an excellent rate. We had several people stay there and we all enjoyed our time there. The weather was beautiful, so we enjoyed the outdoor pool -- one day was a little cooler -- so they turned on the heater in the pool. Everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant, smiled and were very accommodating. The free continental breakfast was set up nicely with cereal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit juices and coffee/tea/milk. If you wanted something extra, they had a nice menu for breakfast, lunch and dinnner/snacks either at a kiosk or at the nicely equipped bar. The rooms were very comfortable with flat screen TV, walk in shower, sitting area with large sleeper sofa, and comfortable king size bed. They also have a nicely equipped fitness center. We were having a girls night out and wanted a limo service for our drive to Cape Coral - about a 40 minute drive. I spoke with one of the hotel employees at the front desk at the time and she was so accommodating and hooked us right up with a taxi agency that we were so happy with -- Donald our driver was the best. This is a great place to stay if you are not near Ft. Myers Beach -- which I believe is a 20 minute drive away. However, if you have a car, and want to drive back and forth to the different beaches, I would stay here as an anchor hotel. It is well worth the money and the service and employees are great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dinorsdl
Lancaster, PA, & Lake George NY
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Hotwire sent me to this hotel...it was fantastic. Big rooms, clean, quiet, new...and a superb rate. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011
Rockland County, NY
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This was the second time I was in a Hyatt Place; the first time was in Tampa. The room/suite was exactly the same: two extremely comfortable queen beds on one side of a partial divider; a large Phillips flat screen TV that tilted to both sides of the room, and a desk and comfortable couch on the other side. The room was clean as was the bathroom. A continental breakfast is included; nothing special but certainly adequate if you don't mind a lot of carbs. You can buy breakfast as well; on our last morning I bought the cheddar omelet and my husband bought the breakfast burrito - both were good.

The staff is very pleasant and responsive. We had a very strange situation when we came back to the hotel after a day at the beach. The room had been cleaned, but the toilet was clogged. Upon further inspection, it appeared that the cleaner must have dropped a washcloth into the toilet and left it there. We called for service and immediately someone was sent to our room to correct the situation. (I don't think she was all that happy about it, but she did what she had to do.)

We did not use the pool or exercise room, so I can't comment on those. The hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere (the street was not even on our one year old Garmin GPS!) but it was a reasonable place to stay to get to the beaches which are about 40 minutes away.

Good value.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor that faced the front; it seemed quiet enough. The hallways are L...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I come to Ft. Myers 3-4 times per month and this place is the best. I always get in to Ft. Myers early and the staff are always accommodating to me. Great rooms, great staff, great service.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business