“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This Hyatt Place is much like any other (very good) with nice amenities, comfortable, spacious rooms and decent food. This HP had a particularly accommodating staff that made it a point to improve your stay. Ultimately they lost a star because of the A/C unit in the rooms. It was either freezing or hot in the room - exacerbated by the fact that the unit is right next to the bed. It took us a while to find the right temperature on the thermostat and when we did we slept well.

Bottom line is it is a nice hotel and a place we'd stay at again, especially knowing what to do with the A/C.

Room Tip: There is construction on one side of the hotel and I-75 on the other. Try to get a room at the end o...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you Grouper7 for your kind words and also for pointing out that our team was very accommodating. We take great pride in our property and our service and truly look for team members who love people! Hope that you return to our area soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

This is a great clean place to stay. The staff are friendly and helpful. Wonderful spread for breakfast. The only thing s it isn't the best spot to take kids. Felt a little out of place with my 2 young kids. Didn't realize there are no tubs in the rooms, but we managed. Would still stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Please know that certain rooms do have tubs available, so please let us know on your next visit if that is something that you prefer. Hope to see you again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2013

the hyatt place in fort myers fl is a very nice hotel nice room plenty of parking easy to get to right by I75 staff is very nice i would stay here again close to every thing but away to so its not busy around here good hot breakfast nice pool nice workout room

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, our hotel, and our team! Thank you for your review!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 February 2013

OK, so coming to Florida from Minnesota in February is wonderful in and of itself....but this hotel certainly added to the wonderfulness that is 70 degree weather!!! Great rooms- our room had a very nice L-shaped couch, along with a desk, refrigerator, and a half wall to give the bed some privacy. I'm not sure if all rooms are set up this way, but it was ideal to watch TV and have a few drinks before climbing into the wonderful bed.

The hotel offers a great (and filling) continental breakfast. My personal favorite was the egg, cheese, spinach and mushroom on top of a croissant. What a way to start the day!! There was also waffles, breakfast sanwiches, oatmeal, fruit, yougurt, granola, cereal and breads/bagels to choose from. Along with hot tea, coffee, juice and milk.

After the hubby went off to work, I was left to explore. There is not a whole lot within walking distance of the hotel- but there are the Forum Shops (including a Buffalo Wild Wings) just a little bit down the road. There is a 7-11 within walking distance if needed. I did find a nice loop to run, little traffic and pretty secluded. Then came the pool! It was great! Clean, relaxing and the ideal temperature for a dip. Shower in the room is small, with a nice large shower head with good pressure (something my husband would pay top dollar for at a hotel!).

We did drive south a bit (one exit on I-75) and found plenty of places to eat. Lots of fast food and quite a few sit down restaurants as well. We chose Bonefish, and it was about a 10-15 minute drive- totally worth it. http://www.bonefishgrill.com/Locator/details/ft-myers-florida

The day of checkout, I was able to secure a late checkout and stay in the room until 1:00pm. Since the hubby was working, I wasn't sure what to do after that. I was invited to hang out in the lobby, or on the patio (DONE!!) until he was finished with his day and able to pick me up. Front desk staff is very nice, helpful, and efficient.

All in all, I would totally suggest staying here. It's a very quiet area as, just off of I-75 (about 15 minutes from the airport) and a beautiful property. Well done Hyatt!!

Room Tip: We did not stay on the I-75 side, but you may want to ask if it is louder on that side of the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for such a great review! We are very proud of our property and are happy that it shows.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Dear husband has taken up woodcarving so we decided to attend a show in Ft Myers. It's about two hours from St Pete so we made it a mini-mini vacation. I found Hyatt Place and made reservations two months in advance. Two weeks before our arrival,two weeks before checked the price and it had dropped. Called the hotel directly and they were great at reducing it. Already I liked this place. The hotel decor is modern Asian, with a partial screen separating the sitting area from the sleeping area. This is very comfortable for two people, with a lounging couch, big desk, wet bar, fridge and 42inch TV on a swivel. This allows viewing from couch or bed. Nice touch with a silver ice bucket. Plug and play allows you to hook up a game console. The closet was tiny. But the shower - shower only no tub - was awesome. Not much storage space yet a lot of cubby spaces. They are committed to your comfort, even providing a throw for the couch and a big ottoman/coffee table. The bed was extremely comfortable. The heat/ac quieter than most hotels. Even though the hotel sits right next to the highway, you don't hear traffic noise. The hotel was sold out but we couldn't tell. It was peaceful and quiet. The food is limited. Healthy and good but expensive. Two drinks, two bowls of soup and one hamburger was forty dollars. Mushroom soup with brie is awesome though.

For efficiency, the front desk staff also mans the bar, food service, grab and go as well as coffee service. The staff was very helpful. I would suggest a menu in the room as well as a hotel directory. An area guide would be helpful too especially for dining out.
Great for a day or two, especially if you are driving down to Miami.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
John L, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Pat W thank you for such a great review! We are so glad that woodcarving and your trip to Miami brought you to us! I hope that he continues to enjoy his hobby and that you will come back to Fort Myers for a longer visit next time...maybe you could visit the Edison-Ford Winter Estates, take in a play at Broadway Palm, go shopping, or just relax!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice in the Fort Myers area. Professional staff, extremely helpful, and they provide first class service. The hotel itself is beautiful and a bargain! We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for your kind word and great rating! Hope that you return soon!
Lake Wales, Fl
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I am a loyal card member from another family of hotels. The Hyatt Forum/Ft. Myers was a great hotel for a three night get away weekend designed around seeing the Broadway Touring presentation of Mary Poppins. The facility was very neat and clean. The King room was great with a small break wall to separate the sleeping and sitting areas. The location was convenient to many different areas of Lee County. Our journeys involved the Florida Gulf Coast University and Miromar(sp) shopping areas, and the Mann Performing Arts Hall at Edison State College. All were reasonable drives.If the beach is the purpose of your visit you would want something located in those areas.

I want to share on issue in order to highlight the hotel staff handled the situation. Having worked in resorts at Walt Disney World I can assure you that there are no perfect hotels. The hotel received complaints about a loud group. They warned the group, when the problem continued they then had them removed from the property compliments of Lee County's finest. I have done this MANY times at WDW. Unfortunately, one of the group placed liquor bottles behind my car tires which I ran over when I backed out the following morning.

It was clear to me, that the staff was disappointed that this group negatively impacted our guest experience and sought guest recovery measures like all caring teams do. I comment this Hyatt for developing a culture of guest service that is evident even among their night and weekend staff. I will visit with them again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear USHistoryTeacher, thank you so much for such a positive review for a stay that occurred during what was a challenging evening for us. Your assessment of our disappointment due to the impact that this function had on our valued guests is absolutely correct. I do look forward to your return visit, if you think of it, please contact me or a member of management to make your reservation. Thank you!