“Unbelievably Bad”

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Oregon, Wisconsin
“Unbelievably Bad”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I came here on business and asked, in advance, if the hotel had proper WiFi capacity. I was assured that it did.

Not so. The WiFi did not work and when I brought it to the attention of the front desk they told me they would have tech support call me. Two hours later, someone from Pakistan calls and tells me that I needed to fix my computer. Well, my computer works fine.

Next, I called customer service. After sitting on hold and talking to a robot, I was told that they had no clue why I was not able to use WiFi with ALL 3 of my devices AND that my trip would not qualify for reward points because I booked through Travelocity.

This is pathetic. Some corporate clone will respond and apologize, bla bla but the fact is I lost business on this trip because this hotel did not live up to its word, much less try to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Tim E,

I'd like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Our Internet service was disrupted by a large storm that knocked out our server and we are very sorry that it took longer than we anticipated to restore the service. I can assure you that our Complimentary Internet service is indeed working again and faster than ever. I realize that my note will not enable you to regain the business you lost, but I hope in reaching out to you we can express how sorry we are. We really do care. If you are planning another trip to the area in the future, please give me a call. I will assist you with your reservation and we will exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Scribner, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 June 2013

To start---We like the Hyatt Place Hotel Chain. They are new, fresh, trendy and 'functional' decor. Value for your dollar. The entrance serves also as seating for the breakfast room or general seating and is quality. They offer some type of food for purchase at every hour which is nice when you are a weary traveler. Details have been worked into the functionality of the hotel. Hotel has conference room, exercise room and pool. Nice pool loungers plus an outdoor seating area off the breakfast area. Rooms are modern with nice tile, carpet and furniture. Linens average. Rooms have a refrigerator but no microwave. Comes with a sectional for seating which also makes into a bed. Offers extra cupboard with frig and nice granite counter top for extra storage. Flat screen TV arranged for viewing either in the bedroom area or seating area. Shower and stool in room together with vanity area outside. Vanity is granite and has drawers for storage. Closet & cubicles also for storage. Exceptional room layout. No actual business center but 2 computers/printer in lobby area. The complimentary breakfast is by far the most unique of any hotel in that they offer breakfast sandwiches some days. Usual buffet items of eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, yogurt and drinks. I only wish I had a setup like theirs for serving food. Option to eat off regular dishes or paper plates, etc. Now to get to this particular Hyatt Place: Same great layout but the employees leave something to be desired. They were all friendly and accommodating enough but not very efficient. Breakfast dishes and tables were not cleaned/removed in a timely manner; however you could hear them laughing and talking in the breakfast room area. We stayed @ this hotel for 6 nights so had a pretty good idea of what happened when. Some days the outdoor seating tables /chairs had not even been straightened and put back in order. This is an eating area and needed attention. Everywhere there were indicators to me that it will not be long before this hotel starts to show its wear simply because the associates do not take care of the facility. Located just off the interstate in a newly developed area. We highly recommend anyone to stay @ Hyatt Place; just hope you are fortunate to have quality associates taking care of you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback, Paulloras. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share with others many of the great amenities our hotel has to offer. We certainly take pride in the people we choose to represent us and friendliness and efficiency are two of the top qualities we look for. We have made a few changes to our staff since your visit in June and we are confident that we will exceed your expectations in those categories during your next visit. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you to our home in the future.
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Where to start?
Firstly, my reservation was from Thursday to Sunday. The rep who made the reservation made one for Thursday night and another for Friday to Sunday (as part of a wedding group), but the Friday to Sunday reservation could not be located and the rates were all wrong (much higher, of course). Once we checked in and talked to the gentleman at the front desk, we thought it had been resolved.
Secondly, on Friday morning, a staff member knocked on our door and told us that we had to check out. We told them that we were there through Sunday and they insisted that we were not! This was ridiculous -- they INSISTED that we were wrong! My husband told her to check with the front desk. What incredibly poor service!
Thirdly, no one cleaned our room during our ENTIRE STAY. We requested towels and DID NOT RECEIVE THEM.... at all. We then requested towels to be left at the front desk for us and they were not there.
Fourthly, within 1 hour of checking out, I called the hotel because I had left my $40 camera battery charger and my $30 battery plugged into the wall above the small bar area in the room. The gentleman at the front desk said that the rooms were being cleaned and to call back after 5pm. I called back and he said that nothing was found and that it would likely turn up in the laundry among the sheets the next day. I told him once again that I KNOW EXACTLY where I left it -- plugged into the wall above the bar area. He said he'd call back. I never received a call. I called again... nothing had been found. So, I will take it as they Hyatt Place at the Forum STOLE my battery charger and battery once I alerted them to where it was left. I told them where it was and they decided to keep it. I will NEVER stay at another Hyatt property again. Note that I wrote to the hotel and I completed an online survey. I have waited four (4) days before posting this review on TripAdvisor. No representative from the Hyatt has called to date.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Monicuba23
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Monicuba23,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 239-418-1844
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

This is your typical Hyatt, comfy beds, separate living space, great in room coffee, 50" Plasma, but this hotel had a nice treat...24/7 room service and Starbucks. Their complimentary breakfast was quite nice, even with a fully booked hotel there was more than enough food for everyone. The staff was extremely friendly, and tge hotel is close to the highway. Flea Masters Flea Market is just a couple miles away.

• Stayed May 2013
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
We appreciate your candid comments about our property as you can tell, we love our guests and listen to what they have to tell us. We are so happy that you found our hotel to be clean and in great shape and love that you enjoyed our team and location!
Thank you so much for your feedback on the lobby. We have recently added a public area attendant to assist with the attention to detail that you spoke of and we also find to be incredibly important! Unfortunately our local ordinaces dictate our pool hours from dawn to dusk so while it is difficult to communicate exact times to our guests we will commit to work with our team on the proper verbiage so that it is more effective. Lastly please contact me directly if you are still dealing with your billing discrepancy as it may have been an authrization issue and I would be happy to help! So thankful for these opportunities to improve. Hope to see you again!
Near Nashville
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Good - Great looking place. Very up-to-date and modern. Love the lobby area. Check in staff lady was excellent and friendly. Luggage cart was accessible and in great shape.

The complaints about location are silly. There are plenty of places to eat and shop. Just jump in the car and go. A mile to mile and a half at the most.

-----------------

Bad - Booked online at Hyatt and took the prepaid option. They dinged my account twice and when I called twice, they first had no idea how to fix it and finally blamed my bank - say what?

The pool looked great but apparently closes at dark according to staff member who wasn't real sure of herself when I called downstairs.

The lobby, while beautiful, suffered from a lack of detailed attention as there were drink glasses about the portion of the breakfast area and chairs were out of place. A quick run through by staff could have remedied this in minutes.

-------------------

Overall, I do recommend it! The rooms are comfy, modern, and upscale. We will stay here again. This place has the makings of an excellent property with a few minor adjustments.

• Stayed May 2013
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
WeatherGuy01 thank you so much for such a candid, unbiased review. We take alot of pride in our attention to detail so am disappointed that this part of your stay was overlooked during your visit. I am also very happy that you enjoyed our pool and yes, sadly due to local ordinance need to close it at dusk. We do hope that you will return soon and please let me know if you need any assistance on your next reservation!
Grand Turk
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We arrived at the Hyatt hotel late in the evening, the welcome reception was very inviting, they waisted no time by getting us settled in very quickly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, felt like being home!

We enjoyed our stay and will return very soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for your great review! You hit on some of the greatest compliments that our team aims to recieve when you mentioned that we were "inviting, clean, comfortable, felt like home!" We are glad that you promised to visit again soon!
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2013

If you have ever stayed at a Hyatt Place you know that they are all pretty much the same. Nicely appointed comfortable room with a 42 inch TV, comfortable sofa to relax on and desk to work. This Hyatt Place also had friendly staff and good breakfast and a nice pool.
The location is good. Close to the airport and downtown (about 10 minutes each) and also near shops, Starbucks and restaurants (about 2 minutes drive).
I stayed 2 nights and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
We are so pleased that you not only enjoyed our property but our surrounding area as well! Historic Downtown Fort Myers is filled with so much to see and you're right, the Forum offers some great options for food and shopping as well. Love to hear from loyal Hyatt Place guests! Please visit us again soon!