Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
US$132
US$115
Hampton.com
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
US$72
US$125
US$109
Hampton.com
Rock Lake Resort(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
US$77
Residence Inn
US$315
US$287
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desksitting areafree breakfastoatmeallarge roomc unitmini fridgeexcellent hotelhot breakfasteasy accesswould stay here againflat screen tvnice poolbusiness tripgreat place to staygas stationconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean with a fabulous breakfast. The room was not the one we reserved or looked like in the pictures. It was much smaller. We checked in at 2am so were too tired to request a move and just made do. The bathroom was nice and large and clean! But, we should've moved like our friends, because we got the worst housekeeping in the hotel. She skipped us a couple days and did a poor job the other days. We called for towels one night and it was brought by a laundry worker with a lousy attitude. He complained this wasn't his job and didn't want to take the dirty towels from the room til I shoved them in his arms. Friends on other floor got much better service. Guess we were unlucky, but they should fire some staff. The other downside was the wi-fi going down for 5 days. They weren't in a rush to fix the problem which was aggravating. The plus was the friendly staff in the lobby (only) and the exceptional breakfast. There were free breakfast sandwiches, french toast, eggs (on weekends), donuts, bagels, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Gets the higher rating strictly based on the cleanliness and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Baseballmom2012,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We really take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and your review really validates the hard work our staff has put in to maintaining it. I really apologize for the issues you encountered with housekeeping. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that problems such as that do not arise again. I'd also like to apolgize for the Wi-Fi issues during your stay. Our server went down during a bad Thunderstorm and, regrettably, it took longer than we anticipated to restore it. Our Free Wi-Fi service is now back up and it is running faster than ever. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our Gallery Hosts and the "exceptional" breakfast each morning. We really hope to see you again soon. I can assure you we will do everything we can to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

When we got there they did not have our reservation. After calling the company who made it, they made us wait for along time before we got a room. It was nice, new and clean. But the air was to close to the bed. It was loud and the bed to high to cool the whole room. We asked the next day at 9 am to have our room cleaned at 12:30 it still was not done. And the house keeper had a bad aditude. Would not go back. Was in the same area two weeks before and stayed at the Hilton Gardens. Liked it much better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Max F,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm sorry to hear there was an issue regarding your reservation and that we were unable to clean your room during the time you requested. Serving our guests is our top priority and I apologize that your expectations were not met. I would really like to welcome you back to our hotel so we can make it up to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for assistance in booking your reservation.

Thank you.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Probably one of the better of the mid-range biz hotels, I've come to like Hyatt Place for the following: free parking, the large flat screen TVs (with multi-media hookups), separate living room with a comfy sectional sofa, a desk, fridge, nice breakfast spread with hot breakfast options all come with the room. What I like about Hyatt Place's breakfasts is each of the choices is more tasty/higher quality food than Courtyard and mid-range hotels that provide breakfasts. I think this Hyatt Place brand has the best tasting breakfasts especially the hot breakfasts. I like the feel too, it feels like you are eating in your own kitchen, it feels homey and modern. I

If you want other food options there is a 24x7 restaurant food service: you can order anything from their restaurant menu . Hyatt Place is the first hotel of its kind to offer food all the time. If I want eggs and bacon, I can order that 24x7, warm cookies, 24x7, pasta, proteins, and wine all for as extra but reasonable charge. It's a convenient service and I like it. This setup definitely beats Marriott's Courtyard and Fairfield Inn brands but the breakfasts are not as expansive as Embassy Suites.

Note: There are no tubs in the rooms just a shower. And like Hotel Indigo, there is a door to the john but not the bathroom sink/vanity area.

I like this formula, it works for me and I can't really find anything wrong with Hyatt Place except for the super- firm mattress. I dont like the smell of new everything. The carpeting here is nice but that new carpet smell :( .

Visits: 25+

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, same layout. There is no particular side to the hotel that warrants a request to be placed there.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Paolola,

Thank you so much for your great review. When you wrote that our hotel feels "homey and modern", that is the exact reaction that we want every guest to feel. We want everyone to feel as if they are at home with friends and family. That is the atmosphere and culture we have worked hard to create and we are so glad you feel that way. Thank you for pointing out many of the great amenities our breakfast and Gallery menu includes. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share with others. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I came here on business and asked, in advance, if the hotel had proper WiFi capacity. I was assured that it did.

Not so. The WiFi did not work and when I brought it to the attention of the front desk they told me they would have tech support call me. Two hours later, someone from Pakistan calls and tells me that I needed to fix my computer. Well, my computer works fine.

Next, I called customer service. After sitting on hold and talking to a robot, I was told that they had no clue why I was not able to use WiFi with ALL 3 of my devices AND that my trip would not qualify for reward points because I booked through Travelocity.

This is pathetic. Some corporate clone will respond and apologize, bla bla but the fact is I lost business on this trip because this hotel did not live up to its word, much less try to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Tim E,

I'd like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Our Internet service was disrupted by a large storm that knocked out our server and we are very sorry that it took longer than we anticipated to restore the service. I can assure you that our Complimentary Internet service is indeed working again and faster than ever. I realize that my note will not enable you to regain the business you lost, but I hope in reaching out to you we can express how sorry we are. We really do care. If you are planning another trip to the area in the future, please give me a call. I will assist you with your reservation and we will exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

To start---We like the Hyatt Place Hotel Chain. They are new, fresh, trendy and 'functional' decor. Value for your dollar. The entrance serves also as seating for the breakfast room or general seating and is quality. They offer some type of food for purchase at every hour which is nice when you are a weary traveler. Details have been worked into the functionality of the hotel. Hotel has conference room, exercise room and pool. Nice pool loungers plus an outdoor seating area off the breakfast area. Rooms are modern with nice tile, carpet and furniture. Linens average. Rooms have a refrigerator but no microwave. Comes with a sectional for seating which also makes into a bed. Offers extra cupboard with frig and nice granite counter top for extra storage. Flat screen TV arranged for viewing either in the bedroom area or seating area. Shower and stool in room together with vanity area outside. Vanity is granite and has drawers for storage. Closet & cubicles also for storage. Exceptional room layout. No actual business center but 2 computers/printer in lobby area. The complimentary breakfast is by far the most unique of any hotel in that they offer breakfast sandwiches some days. Usual buffet items of eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, yogurt and drinks. I only wish I had a setup like theirs for serving food. Option to eat off regular dishes or paper plates, etc. Now to get to this particular Hyatt Place: Same great layout but the employees leave something to be desired. They were all friendly and accommodating enough but not very efficient. Breakfast dishes and tables were not cleaned/removed in a timely manner; however you could hear them laughing and talking in the breakfast room area. We stayed @ this hotel for 6 nights so had a pretty good idea of what happened when. Some days the outdoor seating tables /chairs had not even been straightened and put back in order. This is an eating area and needed attention. Everywhere there were indicators to me that it will not be long before this hotel starts to show its wear simply because the associates do not take care of the facility. Located just off the interstate in a newly developed area. We highly recommend anyone to stay @ Hyatt Place; just hope you are fortunate to have quality associates taking care of you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback, Paulloras. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share with others many of the great amenities our hotel has to offer. We certainly take pride in the people we choose to represent us and friendliness and efficiency are two of the top qualities we look for. We have made a few changes to our staff since your visit in June and we are confident that we will exceed your expectations in those categories during your next visit. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you to our home in the future.