“Good accomadations”

Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed at many Hyatt Place hotels in the past and this was up there with any of them. A couple of negatives, one is that they ran out of towels on Tuesday, and we did not get our share. We had to go to the desk when we returned from supper to get more. Second is the desk clerk on the day we left. They were out of coffee and was a little snippy when I asked if they had more. She said if I waited a while she would make some. Not so much what she said and how she said it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Let me start off by saying that it appears that this hotel either lacks a management team or there is a lot of training that needs to be done. Breakfast was a disaster and was completely understaffed. Why would you not staff appropriately during the most important part of the day? Do you really want your guests to come down to breakfast each morning to find dirty tables and breakfast items not restocked? This is the time where you will make your biggest impressions on your guests and when your two staff members are running around completely overwhelmed it is not a good look. You'd think the management staff would take it upon themselves to check how busy they are going to be the day before and plan accordingly. I did notice that more staff, which I'm assuming is the management team, would trickle in right around 9am, which is when breakfast conveniently ended.

I have stayed at this hotel once before and the previous time the business center was not working with the same exact issue that I experienced this time. It's almost like it had been completely ignored..

Housekeeping was a disaster. Rooms were not cleaned up to a standard one would expect. The trash was not emptied and dirty glasses were left on the counter. Getting towels was quite an experience as well. "Sorry, we don't have any more towels because we are nearly sold out" is not something you'd expect to hear when you are paying over $150 per night.

As I mentioned, the staffing seemed extremely poor but there were 3 individuals who stood out and should be given the reigns of the hotel over whoever is currently running it. TJ, Koi, and Frankie were outstanding and will go far if given an opportunity to manage. I noticed that the entire staff liked to spend as little time at the front desk as possible. Whenever I walked by during the day there was no one visible and I could hear them talking loudly in the kitchen. Cell phone use was very unprofessional. When I had dinner at the bar I noticed that the staff members were constantly texting. Didn't think that was right.

This hotel was convenient for me as I had business nearby, but I'd definitely wait a year or so until trying it again. Hopefully a new management team would have taken over by then and turned this property around because it was a complete joke. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were visiting the Naples / Ft. Myers / Tampa area for a week and booked this hotel based on a lot of positive reviews. However, upon checking in and going to our room we were amazed to discover that the total storage space for the room consisted of an extremely narrow closet with enough room to hang maybe 4 or 5 hangers, and a total of 3 very small drawers in which to store the rest of our clothing. This might be enough for travelling businessmen/women who may only stay for a day or 2 but for those staying for several days who don't want to be living out of their suitcases - this doesn't make the grade in my opinion. We checked out after one day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We very much enjoyed the Hyatt Place. Rooms were spacious and we had no issues with noise despite the hotel being full both nights. Clean, cool, AC which is very important to my wife. A very kind staff. Our kids used the pool and enjoyed it. Perhaps the pool could be further landscaped or privatized, but it didn't matter on our visit. Great hotel on the newer end, just a short drive to Forum shops and restaurants, convenient to I-75. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I selected this hotel, actually 20 minutes from where I needed to be, because I had a good experience previously. Check in was a breeze. The attendant was friendly and efficient. The room is spacious and clean with nice, simple decor. I liked the privacy division between the door and the sleeping area. There is a big tv that can be viewed from the bed or the couch. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The bathroom is on the small side with the toilet and shower in a compact space where the door swings inside.
The breakfast is better than some free hotel breakfast. The food is served in pans but the food is clearly microwaved. The breakfast area was in need of cleaning. There were empty tables but they were not clean.
When were returned that evening I was slightly disappointed in the room. There were dirty cups on the nightstand and there were no clean towels. Th problem was quickly resolved and towels were delivered.
Overall we had a comfortable stay. The location is convenient right off I-75. Plenty of restaurants and conveniences a short drive away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I generally like the Hyatt Place brand, but not so much this location.

First, the walls are tissue paper thin. As noted elsewhere, you will hear everything. Also, there was only a shower, no tub, something I've never seen at Hyatt Place. I don't mind, but who came up with the brilliant idea of just one small shelf on which to put soap, shampoo, shaving cream, razor, etc.?

You do get the big TV and the couch, plus a mini-fridge. Breakfast was good -- standard fare for the brand. Nothing you're going to walk to here, save for a 7-Eleven, but anything you want is a short drive. However, note that while it's easy to get to from I-75, getting back to the highway involves a U-turn at a long light.

Biggest complaint -- and I know the hotel can't do anything about this -- was that some of the guests clearly would have been more at home at Econo Lodge. Walked in the back door one afternoon to see a guy kicking an elevator door and cussing out the people inside who apparently wouldn't hold it for him. Don't blame them -- he appeared to have just been paroled, and his lady friend had the hallmarks of a meth addict.

Overall, I wouldn't return or recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Super comfortable bed and room. Nice new fixtures, good sized room. Bathroom is a little tight.
Bathroom is missing some simple toiletries Like Lotion, bit cheap for a Hyatt...
Biggest issue (if you like to sleep in like me), is that breakfast ends at 9am SHARP. Like they were taking everything away at 9:03am!
Great comfy hotel, but for the price lacking a few of the simple extras you would expect when paying $200+

Room Tip: Not Rm 133 has No view! (just a brick wall outside the window)