“Thai Gardens 2012”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I've known about this restaurant for many years, decades, even. Finally today my extended family ventured here to come together.

We all tried different entrees. Some of us were familiar with Thai food and others of us were totally unfamili ar. I tried the Panang Curry (under $14) with shrimp and really enjoyed it (as long as the spice tray was in front of me) to add flavor and spice to my oddly-plain entree.

There were five of us at dinner and while we all tried different Thai foods, we all agreed that the food was just average; the spice tray made the difference. If you added the spices to your average dish, you'd be happy with your decision.

I wouldn't return to the Thai Gardens anytime soon. I was manhandled by one of the Thai Gardens men. I have no idea who he was: a chef, an owner, a server, a Thai investor: whoever he was, he made me feel totally uncomfortable. Really? This will never happen again. I will find another Thai restaurant rather than EVER go here again.

Worst Thai experience EVER.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was pleased to be able to find healthy choices on the menu. Not very spicy, but fresh and good otherwise. A little pricey for lunch, but will go again.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have lived in L.A. and Atlanta among other cities, so I know what good Thai food is. This isn't it. The stuffed chicken wings were a joke. Bland. The bow tie won tons were overly fried. I opened one up when I got home and there was a SMIDGEN of chicken and God knows what else in there. Not chock full of stuff, but a tiny smidgen of filling. Rest was deep fried breaded junk. They didn't offer cucumber sauce or peanut sauce with either of these dishes. I asked for some and was told it is a dollar per sauce. They come in a tiny solo cup and it's a dollar?? I had gone here probably 10 years ago and prayed they had improved with time. No they have not. This is really poor Thai food. Can't understand how some people like it except that they haven't lived in big cities and had really good Thai food. ONly good thing I can say is the lady was nice that took my order.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We ordered the chicken Pad Thai. It came to the table smelling like vinegar and indeed tasted like vinegar. We brought it to the attention of the waiter/owner and he challenged us to describe the problem "in your words" so we described it as sour tasting and vinegary. He didn't express any kind of apology or offer us another choice. He took the dish back to the kitchen and brought another of the same thing. He left our original plates in front of us with the original food so we had to ask for clean plates. When we tried the second dish the results were the same. He made no effort to correct the problem. We couldn't eat the food and left most of it on our plates and on the serving plate. He brought the check for the full amount and made no effort to make things right. We have eaten Pad Thai in other restaurants before and we know what good Pad Thai should taste like. The best way to describe the dish we were served is rancid, and the treatment we were given as indifferent. We do not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

If you are looking for true to form, spicy Thai food, then do not come here! Don't get me wrong - the food was really good - but it wasn't really what I envision as Thai. The service was good and the restaurant was clean. Prices were a bit high. I had the Pad See-Euw and my friend had chicken and vegetables with their garlic sauce. Both of our dishes were very tasty and we were not disappointed, it just wasn't the spicy Thai norm.