“Kayaking Bunche Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bunche Beach

Bunche Beach
Ranked #13 of 112 things to do in Fort Myers
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit Old Florida, where things are done naturally.San Carlos Bay - Bunche Beach Preserve is a 718 acre beach and mangrove forest preserve with a variety of recreational opportunities to enjoy including: Bird Watching, Canoe/Kayak Launch, Canoeing/Kayaking, Fishing, Hiking (Boardwalk), Nature Study/Photography, Picnic Area, Swimming and Sun Bathing.Step back in time visiting San Carlos Bay- Bunche Beach Preserve, one of the few natural beaches framed with native vegetation and mangrove tunnels to explore by kayak or canoe. In 2010, public beach facilities were completed & opened with ADA parking, restrooms, fishing piers, kayak ramp, picnic tables, and a small boardwalk overlooking Rock Creek. On the white sandy beach, there is an ADA mobie mat that leads to an ADA picnic table. Bunche Beach is not a barrier island beach. It is narrow compared to the beaches on Sanibel and Fort Myers beach. This adds to its unique charm. This Beach is never crowded and easily accessible with no traffic concerns. Kayak and SUP rentals are available through the on site vendor, Kayak Excursions, which also sells bottled water and assorted sundries at the Activities center located just behind the beach.Enjoy a quiet day by the bay.
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kayaking Bunche Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I love Bunche Beach -- it has gotten a bad reputation (male prostitutes and old man "meet ups"), but seems to have cleaned up a bit in the past few years. I haven't seen *anything* sketchy here in my many, many visits, but I still think it's good to be aware.

The mangroves around the inlets of Bunche Beach are great to kayak - but watch out for crabs!! Crabs are all over the trees and will fall into your kayak.

See my blog for pics and more info:

Visited April 2014
3 Thank whatsarahsays

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Board walk and lookout tower”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We didn't go on the beach but we did park in the new car park - $2 per hour. We went on the board walks and up the lookout tower. A nice way to spend an hour.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Christine M
Ashland, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“great beach find!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The trip to Fort Myers Beach was canceled because of the Shrimp festival, the wait to get over the bridge was 2 hours long! so, we decided to take my mom's advice and go to this beach instead - what a great day - the water was warm and sand was lovely.........will definitely go back to this beach!!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ellen O
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Small Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This beach is close to our condo, so we often ride our bikes down there and walk the beach. It is a narrow beach, even narrower as the tide comes in. The beach is not a well groomed white sand beach like Fort Myers and has stumps popping out in a few areas. It can be quite busy on nice days and weekends. There is a fee to park, but not o get onto the beach. A few picnic tables at the entrance to beach. No rest rooms, unless you walk up to area where you can rent kayaks. Because it is local, we go there. No place o buy food.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Kathy B
Cape Coral, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Old Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a natural park - no hot dog stands here - and the bathrooms are a couple blocks up the road. Tree stumps and rock formations litter the beach giving it the feeling of a deserted island...well except for the tall buildings and bridges in the distance and the other occasional beach goer that is. Ok - so it's not a deserted island but it's natural beauty really won me over and made me feel like I was alone in the world. I walked from one end to the other. I saw an osprey in a tree having his lunch, a great blue heron fishing for his meal and a fiddler crab just - well I guess just fiddling around! Even tho there were a number of people scattered around, it was quiet with only the sounds of the birds and the waves. I left there feeling so relaxed and at peace. Will I go back? Yes - you'll see me there tomorrow morning!

Visited May 2014