“Quaint experience. The service cafe bad, ice cream & fudge awesome”
Review of Butterfly Estates

Butterfly Estates
Ranked #13 of 125 things to do in Fort Myers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Home of The Florida Native Butterfly Society Conservatory. A non profit organization dedicate to protecting, preserving and populating Florida's Native Butterflies! Visit our Bookstore and gift shop.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A lil over priced for what it is. If you r a butterfly freak then you'll enjoy the friday butterfly release party. Don't eat food bar, but salad bar ok. I agree w/ the wal- mart quality food comment. Go for butterflies & fudge.

1  Thank beachmountaingirl
in 4 reviews
"different species"
"bring your camera"

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Please, I am begging you to take your family and yourself elsewhere! The food is Wal-Mart quality served with a heaping pile of pomp and circumstance and a free side of filth. The servers are beyond pretentious and inexperienced. Devil may care attitude as though you and yours should be thankful to them for gracing you with their presence. The gift shop is nothing more than highly over rated garage sale crap. The cashier was curt and impolite. We not once heard the word "Thank You" during our entire time there nor at the end of every transaction. We dropped close to $200.00 and that was not including the exorbitant $15.00 charge for adults and the $9.00 for children starting at three years of age!?!?!?? REALLY?!??!? Patheic business. Expect NO gratitude! Trust me, take your $$$ to Goodwill. God knows you'll get your monies worth there for certain. The floors and décor are apparently cleaned on a yearly basis and not a place I felt I would ever expose my family to again. The ice cream and candy store were evidently supplied by cheap facades displayed as the genuine thing. We purchased several pounds of candies and fudge which you would not need a very refined palate to distinguish between quality and sugared up product to cover it's low quality. To put it mildly, it was foul and thrown into the garbage when we arrived home. Now, the butterfly garden was more like a jaunt through a tiny green house sauna. We saw ONE butterfly, which appeared to be a Monarch which we commonly see in our backyards. My friends, I would have been elated to have given this establishment at least two stars but it has proven to be no more than a highly over rated money trap, ... Your money precisely. It's locale screams ghetto in a high crime area disguised by clever advertising. This "Attraction", and I use that term loosely is not worth a dime and obviously NOT a good member of the community with what they charge and the so called product they serve. Shame on the owners for attempting and often times succeeding to dupe the public.To be blunt, well, even more blunt I would describe it as a fake Rolex. From afar it looks like the real thing but up close is NOTHING more than a cheap facsimile, .... crap. Save your time, the security of your family (as I would not venture into this side of Fort Myers) get some ice cream at the store, fire up the grill, gather the family around and enjoy the creature comforts of your own backyard. You're sure to see more butterflies there!

4  Thank CulinaryTruth
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was a smaller butterfly garden than the others I've visited, and at the time we visited it didn't seem to have that many butterflies. May have been the time of year or weather. It was very very hot in the garden so we had to keep coming out and cooling off in the entrance area. Made our visit not that much fun and we just couldn't stay as long as we wished. Should be a totally different atmosphere in winter. The staff were very friendly and gave us a personal tour of the garden, pointing out many of the different butterflies. They had several of the feeding and breeding tents set up in the entrance area so you could get a good look, something that the other butterfly gardens don't do. Very educational. We'll come back in cooler weather and try again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Poor excuse for an "attraction" Overpriced, dirty and no butterflies. Food was terrible, they were out of what I ordered and the service was worse. They used to have an events person and she was wonderful and accommodating. I did NOT get a return call about a birthday party inquiry and glad I took my business elsewhere. Sure did not take long for this place to become dingy and unattractive. Nothing on the property has changed in the last few years making it boring and unworthy of a return visit. How do they stay in business?

4  Thank bflylover1234