“Good choice for lunch”
Review of Calistoga Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Calistoga Bakery Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very similar to Panera Bread, Calistoga offers soups, salads and sandwiches in many varieties, both warm and cold. Love their mushroom bisque soup - wish it could be offered every day. Staff is friendly, wifi is free, passion fruit iced tea is excellent! I do wish they had a few more bakery options, including more bagels and muffins. They do have lots of giant cookies which are quite good.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Salads were great. Large portion with good flavor. Very clean and organized. Great place for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Before I went Gluten Free this was one of my favorite places for Salad and a sandwich. Great food, always fresh.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I've had lunch a few times at Calistoga with my husband, who is a fan. I've never been "wowed" by the food, and certainly not inspired to write a review, either good or bad.

Since my brother was in town and wanted a quick breakfast, I thought I'd give Calistoga a try. What a disappointment.

1. Very poor selection - 3 or 4 types of bagels, a handful of muffins, a few slices of cake in the window. They offered an omelet station (although it wasn't manned while we were there) and a few versions of breakfast sandwiches.

2. The staff could not have been more lackadaisical. They just didn't seem to care or take any pride in their work. I asked for my bagel to be toasted and they pointed me to a self-toaster. I pointed out that the bagel was not going to fit into the toaster, as it was a special size. Slack jawed look. Finally the manager came over and took it to the back to be toasted.

3. The food was not great. My bagel was ok, but the cream cheese was just those little pre-packaged philly tubs. My brother had a bagel sandwich, untoasted (really? who doesn't toast their bagels?) and greasy.

4. The floor was dirty and the place just looks to be in need of a good cleaning.

5. It ain't cheap.

Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but I have placed Calistoga on my "banned" restaurant list.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Very nice interior. Like a Penera feel but much better food. Nice breakfast options also. Salads are very good.