“Cute place good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I tried rock shrimp for the first and was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Very good in the garlic sauce. My boyfriend got the fried shrimp platter he was happy with them. The garlic mashes potatoes were good too. We got the hot crab dip as an appetizer, boy was that good! I would recommend this place. It's kitschy and cute with good seafood.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Insofar as eating before or after a flight, we always believe in comfort food nearby: not in the airport and certainly not in flight. For South West Florida, this is our haunt. The fact that this is in the Town Center mall didn't bother us. We had early dinner here to take advantage of 2 for 1 beers during Happy Hour (3-6 pm) and oysters clams shrimps and wings at 70 cents each! Grilled Grouper Reuben Sandwich is a must have(A). Forget the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes which my wife ordered. Too much mayo smothered the fresh crabmeat. Better to try whole crab sold on a per pound basis or skip crab altogether. Pinchers have 9 outlets in Florida, 4 in Fort Myers alone.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm a midwest farm boy, raised in Eastern Montana on a cattle ranch. I don't know what the kitchen did to make this burger, but this was a "Blow you away" WOW burger. Had the coconut shrimp as an appetizer that were ok, but this burger was AMAZING. I am reluctant to advise beef at a seafood place, but in this case, I'll make an exception.
Spoke with the Manager on Duty to give prop's to the cook for the great food, he headed straight back to the kitchen to compliment the guy with grill duty (said he was being cross trained to move out to the front of house- hope he does well, but also hope he keeps his grill time) .
DEFINITELY will eat here again when I get back to Ft Myers.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a chain restaurant but it is a local chain that does serve good seafood in a beachy-fun atmosphere. Was a single diner so ate a the bar where I was well served. Draft beers were two-for-one price but I paid full price for a single one. Enjoyed grouper nuggets with a lime sauce and a fresh side salad which had varied greens.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We already went a couple of time to this location and overall it always been from average to "ok" but this time, that was bad!
We arrived for lunch, the restaurant wasn't busy, 3 guys were at the entrance desk, turning the back to the entrance door, watching sports on TV. At first they were so focus on the match they were watching they even didn't noticed that we were waiting to be seated! Finally one of them turned around and noticed us. He grabbed a pair of menus a took us to a table near by, located just bellow a wall of paneling separating it from the walkway going form the front to the kitchen. Of course, his job was just to sit us and to give us the menus as he didn't asked if we wanted to drink anything. As we started our long wait, we figured out pretty quickly that it was the worse table of the establishment as it was basically invisible from the waitstaff. So we waited, and waited that someone finally notice us again and come to tale the order, while we could see still the three guys watching TV.. Nothing else counted for them than that match, for sure. At one point we were ready to just leave the place when finally a "passing" waitress, noticed that we had the menus on the table and no drink, no food... but it wasn't her quarter of the room so she brought it to the attention of the three guy, which one of them appeared to be the manager as he came running, barked an apology to us and called a waiter.
I ordered a dozen of fresh raw oysters, thinking that I couldn't go wrong with that... Boy.. I was just wrong thinking of that. The oysters came on a bed of ice (that's normal) they were from large to minuscule, the opening job have been sloppy and they were full of fragment of shelves, and the cherry on the top of the cake is that they were absolutely TASTELESS ! They have been washed and re-washed so much (obviously before opening considering the debris inside) that I could have eat a piece of paper of gooey cardboard it may have been better. They were fresh though, but tasteless. That was the first time in my life that I had to add salt to an oyster. I informed the "barking" manager of it, asking him if they were "soft water" oysters ( .... ) or if they were washed, he "re-barked" an apology, said that he received them on the morning from Canada and that they were .... "salt water" oyster, asked if I wanted something (non merci...) and did have the commercial sense to take them out of the bill.
Overall, it wasn't a good lunch and honestly, I would have prefer to pay, but eat something good or at least edible.
Really not sure I would go back

PinchersCrabShack, General Manager at Pinchers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your review concerning your most recent visit. I was obviously disappointed to here about the lack of focus being demonstrated on that particular visit, however I will use your feedback as a training tool to further improve our operations and hopefully regain your confidence in our commitment to the freshest seafood and outstanding customer service. No doubt, we have some work to do. Thanks again.