“Good service, great meatloaf, and gentle on the pocketbook!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lee Roy Selmon's

Lee Roy Selmon's
Ranked #101 of 849 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida
“Good service, great meatloaf, and gentle on the pocketbook!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I eat out on average of two times a week. We cover all price ranges and all types if cuisine. This restaurant is not gourmet by any stretch. You can, however, get great comfort food, served by competent staff, at a reasonable price. Portions are ample and ingredients are fresh. Take a chance. You most probably won't be disappointed.

Visited February 2014

Hobe Sound
“Suprisingly good food for a sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were visiting friends in Fort Myers and they took us to Lee Roy Selmon's, never heard of it. They said it was a sports bar and I am not a fan of that type of food. They called in advance to get seating and I was really surprised by the quality of the food and the portions. We had the dry rub chicken wings, and while the wings were kind of "skinny", the seasoning was excellent with the honey sauce. I think they are among the top wings I've had in years. We also had a platter of the green fried tomatoes, not bad but have had better. A friend had gumbo, was filled with a lot of pork, chicken, steak etc. and a nice taste. Others had a pulled pork sandwich which comes with cole slaw on top, the roll was nice and the pork was good too, not loaded with barbeques sauce. My husband and I had hamburgers and they were juicy on a good quality roll. I had the corn casserole which I thought would be more like creamed corn, but it is a corn bread casserole and it was suprisingly tasty, with a little "after kick" to it. Another couple split the meal for two with the chicken, meat loaf, pulled pork and ribs and they were very pleased with the taste of the meal. I don't know if I'd stand in line to get in, but for a sports bar, it was a decent meal and you can't beat the prices. We were also there for happy hour and the house wine 2 for 1 was a good value.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
“with my computer "geek"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

we were not that hunger so the Hamburg was an excellent choice and the beer was Cold and tasty. The fries with Heinz ketchup passed the teat

Visited January 2014
Marietta
“Don't go...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bad service, bad food, bad customer service...good hot towel at the end. They were not crowded but it still took over an hour to get our food. It was not very hot and not worth the wait. Our server was not around much, but didn't matter much because he was not good anyway. Two parties specifically asked for separate checks, but he brought the entire bill to one person. We were watching golf while waiting patiently for the food, until someone decided to change the channel. There are MANY TVs in the place so it should not have been a problem, especially since we were the only group in front of "our" set. We asked 3 people to change it back...we were finally told only the manager had the control and he was too busy back in the kitchen to change it back. Just for the record I have never given anyone a 1...

• Visited February 2014
Lake County, Illinois
“Food was good--service was not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We went fairly early and were seated right away so it wasn't a particularly busy night. It took awhile to have the server take our order but once we ordered, the food came out in a timely manner and was hot. I had the barbequed ribs and baked sweet potato and was very pleased. The ribs were meaty and tender the way I like them. Other members of my party also enjoyed their meals. The problem came at the end of the meal. As so often happens to us in restaurants, the server was nowhere to be found to clear our plates and bring our check. We probably waited for 15 minutes and then it was delivered by a manager. Then it took quite awhile for our original server to pick it up to process the payment. We were not pleased that this took so long. We also didn't get the warm towels that we had heard were part of the dining experience and we had ribs and had to ask the host at the door if they had any wet wipes. He had to go back in the back to get them and bring them to us. A bad ending to what had been a good meal.

• Visited January 2014