We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Jet Blue Park, it's a Hilton property, and the reviews were pretty good. We arrived at the hotel and were well taken care of by the gentleman at the front desk. We asked about the shuttle but were told that it only goes to the airport. He then mentioned that they had a guy that they used for taxiing guests to other places and that he would do a good rate. He said we could call down 15 min beforehand and that should be enough time for him to get there. Later on we called down and there was a woman working the front desk and we asked her to call this taxi service for us. He was there in about 15 minutes and took us to the park. When we arrived, we asked how much and he stated $20. The ride took less than 10 minutes and was just over 2 miles. That doesn't sound like a good rate to me. Also, I almost forgot to mention that when the taxi showed up he "tipped" the front desk folks a few dollars. We decided to take a different taxi back to the hotel with some other guests and were charged under $10 for 5 people which seems to be a more appropriate rate. When we got back to the hotel we explained what happened to the front desk staff, told them that we saw them getting "tipped" and all they did was shrug their shoulders. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed.
Other than the taxi situation, the property was actually very nice. The decor was modern and the bed was comfortable. The hot breakfast was okay and the coffee was yummy and hot. We didn't go to the pool but it looked nice as well.
If you are going to a Red Sox spring training game I would recommend this hotel.... Just order your own taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly upgraded/renovated property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport i-75 Hotel Fort Myers
- Hampton Inn Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75 Fort Myers, Florida