“Nice Hotel with bad front desk staff”

Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tampa, Florida
“Nice Hotel with bad front desk staff”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Jet Blue Park, it's a Hilton property, and the reviews were pretty good. We arrived at the hotel and were well taken care of by the gentleman at the front desk. We asked about the shuttle but were told that it only goes to the airport. He then mentioned that they had a guy that they used for taxiing guests to other places and that he would do a good rate. He said we could call down 15 min beforehand and that should be enough time for him to get there. Later on we called down and there was a woman working the front desk and we asked her to call this taxi service for us. He was there in about 15 minutes and took us to the park. When we arrived, we asked how much and he stated $20. The ride took less than 10 minutes and was just over 2 miles. That doesn't sound like a good rate to me. Also, I almost forgot to mention that when the taxi showed up he "tipped" the front desk folks a few dollars. We decided to take a different taxi back to the hotel with some other guests and were charged under $10 for 5 people which seems to be a more appropriate rate. When we got back to the hotel we explained what happened to the front desk staff, told them that we saw them getting "tipped" and all they did was shrug their shoulders. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed.

Other than the taxi situation, the property was actually very nice. The decor was modern and the bed was comfortable. The hot breakfast was okay and the coffee was yummy and hot. We didn't go to the pool but it looked nice as well.

If you are going to a Red Sox spring training game I would recommend this hotel.... Just order your own taxi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lildebs143
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review and for bringing this matter to our attention. My apologies for the bad experience you had during your stay. Rest assured that this matter has been taken cared of and policies were enforced regarding the tipping situation. Front desk is not permitted to use the same taxi ever and no gratuities should be accepted. Again, on behalf of the management of the Hampton Inn Airport, please accepet my deepest apologies and hopefully we will get to see you soon again sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boston
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hotel neat, clean, one of the closest to airport. Lacked a restaurant & as one of us was ill, we had to eat in. Problem: no menus available to have food delivered. That created a huge problem for us since it required one of us going somewhere to find a dinner for us to eat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank marilynjj
Beth F, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We usually have menus of all the restaurants we have nearby at all times. I am sorry that we did not have as much during your stay with us. We are going to rectify that issue to the best we can to make sure they are always available and make your stay more comfortable.
Miami, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The rooms smell horrible The carpet even though they were brown you can see they were in dire need of a steam clean. No aircondition in the hotel hall way One has no room to walk between the bed and the large desk chair at a desk which is either too high or the chair too low. Towels felt like kleenex Coffee makers looked to filthy to make coffee in

2 Thank Jeannett S
Thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important to us and a lot has changed since then. We have a new AC for the hallway that keeps our guests cool all the time and new single use coffee brew system in the room. The only thing we can't change is the big desk chair in the rooms unfortunately..for now at least.
A lot can happen due to wear and tear and we are committed in keeping abreast of what needs attention and fixin. We do apologize if unintentionally, we do fall behind at times but we do appreciate and thank you for your review. Hope to see you again.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel staff was extremely accommodating to myself and my 2 adult daughters as we began our mother/daughter weekend adventure. After arriving into Fort Myers Airport at 10:30 pm and having a hotel reservation at another property that said, upon arrival and call for pick up, that we did not have a reservation - our mood was bleak. When we called the Hampton they said yes, they had a room and sent the van to pick us up immediately. Check in was efficient and we were pleased with the quality and cleanliness of the property. Breakfast was great with lots of choices and van back to airport was on time and friendly driver. Thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Awesome!! Thank you for a great review. Nothing makes my day more other than reading wonderful things about our team and our hotel. I am glad that everyone seemed able to change the way your day ended. Truthfully, if your stay with us was enjoyable and satisfying and we get to see you again sometime soon, then we know we did our job well. Thank you again.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I were in town for a wedding. We were picked up at the airport by a wonderful, pleasant driver, Paula, who made us feel relaxed and at ease. She arranged for a driver to take us to the wedding and pick us up afterwards (he was wonderful, also). All staff were professional, yet friendly and so accommodating to our needs. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. We sat outside by the attractive pool and relaxed for the afternoon, before the wedding. We slept very well, and then were taken back to the airport early the next morning by Paula! Great place to stay, Great staff and we will recommend this hotel to our friends and family! We will definitely be back when we are in Fort Myers Florida!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wonderful review!! Thank you so much. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed all the amenities and services we had to offer. We take pride in providing a great customer service and it is very satisfying to know we have lived up to your expectations. We certainly appreciate in you passing the word and we look forward of having you at our hotel again in the near future.
charlotte,nc
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I always enjoy staying here. Its clean nice good breakfast and convenient to airport. I stay here when I come to check on my sister. The staff are very friendly and always willing to find a cork screw when I need one. Its a very comfortable feeling for me being alone and coming and going.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much. It is very rewarding to know that you even remember the little things we do. That is very sweet. We want you to be always comfortable when you stay with us and feel that you are not just a guest but a member of our family. See you soon.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Toilets and plumbing are very noisy. TV turned off everytime the fridge kicked on or off. Terrible breakfast. Other than that - nice room! Staff was very friendly. Location was great. No issues with wifi access so that was a plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi. Thank you for your review and i'm terribly sorry you had those problems. I am glad however to let you know that we have resolved all those issues and that we hope you get to stay with us again in the near future.