“Sorry I stayed”

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Gainesville, United States
“Sorry I stayed”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

They offered no complimentary breakfast, there were no USB ports in room, no electrical outlets except those for the lamps near bed and the television was tiny compared to most hotels. Definitely was too pricey for the value you got. Would not stay there again. Behind the times for this day and age.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GuestRelationships, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel. We'd like to let you know that our property is getting ready to start an extensive renovation that will definitely address your concerns. We'd like to invite you to visit us again, we'd love to amaze you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hainesport, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

In a typical year, I spend about 60+ nights in hotels...many of which I review on Trip Advisor. I stay at a wide variety of hotels, many of which are in the Hilton HHonors family. While I enjoy stays at their top-of-the-line Waldorf and Conrad resorts, I also enjoy the comforts of their economy properties from time to time like the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn chains.

With all of that said, I have to say that my recent stay at this property was one of my worst hotel experiences ever. Worse, the acting General Manager of the property, Tana [--], failed to do anything to quickly recover from her property's poor handling of my stay. Worse, despite waiting to speak to her at the property, waiting to get a returned phonecall from her, and even waiting to get a returned email from her explaining what was what, she remains silent. I won't return to this property and I will do my best to avoid any property that Tana [--] is remotely tied to.

The source of my angst is around the most bizarre thing to ever happen to me during any hotel stay ever: while I was out one afternoon in the middle of the stay, the hotel removed (and likely threw out) my belongings and checked me out. They then re-sold my room to another guest. All this happened without my knowledge. Worse, when I returned that evening, I learned the hotel was sold-out and there was no place for me to stay.

After dealing with a comedy of errors at the property that kept me up through the wee hours of the morning, I was able to finally catch some sleep at another hotel on the other side of the town.

To this day, I don't know how this problem happened, where my belongings went, and what Tana [--] thinks. Because of that, I have to give this property a "Terrible" rating. I encourage you to -not- visit this property until there is a management change and proper re-training of staff.

And it's a shame that I have to give this property such a rating. It's in a decent central location within Ft. Myers and has warm, friendly staff...especially in the hotel restaurant. But when it came to recovering from this service mishap, they failed. And the fact management allows such a mishap to occur in the first place should be a red flag to those thinking of visiting here.

In the meantime, I've escalated my concerns and complaints about this stay with Hilton's corporate office. At the very least, they shouldn't charge me for a room they kicked me out of.

4 Thank Michael_K_SNJ
GuestRelationships, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Michael_K_SNJ:

We appreciate the time you've taken to post a review of your stay with us. As the GM, I apologize for the mix up that caused your stay with us to be unpleasant. Our staff made a judgement call due to our sold out status, and it was the wrong call. This is not the experience that we want any of our guests to have. We addressed this situation in our staff meeting immediately following your stay and made it a part of our training curriculum moving forward.

If you'd like to discuss the situation further, I'd invite you to call me directly at the hotel: 239-790-3500 to ensure that we will have an opportunity to serve you again and give you a tour of the soon to be completed renovations to our property on your next trip to Fort Myers, FL.

Best regards,
Tana
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Used to love staying in the Hilton family of hotels. Staff is still the same - wonderful! Quality of core infrastructure -- not so much. Showers don't have adequate water pressure. Faucets leak. Air conditioning outdated. Bathroom amenities average.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We're thrilled to hear that our staff took good care of you. We'd like to share that our hotel is beginning extensive renovations within the next couple of weeks. We're looking forward to addressing all of the concerns you shared and much more. Please give us another opportunity when you are next in Fort Myers, we look forward to "Wowing" you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a very clean, very nice business hotel. The staff was polite and helpful. My room was very nice, comfortable and quiet. I was able to relax after a long travel day and get additional business done in my room. I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GuestRelationships, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay with us. We always love seeing the "5 bubbles"! It's our goal to take good care of our guests and we're thrilled to hear that the staff was able to assist you. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.
orlando, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is located in a safe area and centrally located to restaurants and shopping malls. The hotel is under remodeling, lots of noise through the day. The worst bed I have ever slept on. I will not stay there again!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We're glad to hear our location worked well for you. One of the down sides to renovations is the noise involved. We strive to locate our guests where they won't be disturbed as we move through the process. All of the beds are slated to be replaced as a part of this renovation so we hope that you'll give us another try on your next trip to Ft. Myers.
Denton, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel has updated furnishings & is recently renovated. The pool area is nice. The location is convenient to restaurants, FGCU, and the airport. I didn't eat any of the food there, but it smelled appetizing. The upper floors are being renovated, so I heard some of this noise. The fitness room was messy, and there was noise throughout the hotel while I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Palm Coast
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice well mannered staff, clean rooms. great location. Pool area well maintained, salt water pool. Hot tub very clean. We enjoyed the location. it was near all the restaurants, shopping and close to the ft Myers airport.