“Nice place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great check in, easy and very helpful, I had to add a room and it was done with the highest degree of professionalism! Only negative but not a deal breaker was the kitchen "wood" flooring was totally buckled and when brought to staff attention they immediately offered to switch room which wasn't necessary for my family, no little ones to worry about tripping on floor! Beds very comfy, rooms well stocked with towels, coffee etc.,breakfast was awesome, different choices every morning, fresh fruit, great coffee and wonderful fish tank to relax with! I also noticed board games you could sign out which was a nice touch! I just wanted to sit all day in the oversized lobby seating! Don't let the mall location fool you this property was clean and quiet! A+ accommodations!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you are happy about your overall accommodations. I will certainly advise our maintenance staff to replace the kitchen flooring in your suite. I'm glad you mentioned our board games. Unfortunately it rains from time to time here in Florida and although it's usually for a short period of time, what better way to pass the time with a friendly game of checkers or apples to apples!
Thanks again for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Ft Myers-Bell Tower Shops.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is my 3rd time to this hotel and this time I have been there on extended stay for work in the area, and I am thankful for the staff, and the amenities this hotel provides for me. Led by general manager Lee Bellamy and his professional staff, every need or want I have had has been met above expectation. The front desk staff greets you professionally, courteously, and friendly each and every day, no matter what shift the service doesn't change. The kitchen staff led by Kim, and April provide better tan expected meals for breakfast (7) days a week and dinner Monday through Thursday, with Happy hour 5-7PM, AWESOME!!!! The pool and jacuzzi, and the cleanliness of the rooms are above the expected. Even the Maintenance and security staff are eager to help you with a concern, and do not hesitate to help. Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!

Room Tip: I have been in every type of room there, they have just completed a remodel and every room is great...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Awesome review PhilipH66274. Thank you for speaking so highly of our staff. They are truly the best in the business and I am very thankful to be surrounded by such a great group of hospitality professionals! I appreciate your loyalty to our brand and specifically our Homewood Suites Ft Myers-Bell Tower Shops. Although I am sure you are missing your home, we are happy to be your home away from home.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I will admit, I love staying in a suite with a seperate bedroom. This was a lovely, clean room and the ceiling fan in the bedroom was a huge plus. The lifted flooring plants in room 350 in the kitchenette were a bit disturbing and feel that something like this shouldn't be let go. The entryway into the hotel is a bit dark at night but the parking lot offered many well-lit parking spaces giving a feeling of safety. The hotel lobby is warm and welcoming with a HUGE fresh water fish tank. I got in way to late to partake of their complimentary dinner however breakfast was good offering real scrambled eggs, homefries (I personally would prefer no peppers and onion in my potatoes), bagels, donuts, cereals, sausage, french toast sticks, etc. I will admit, I was a bit disappointed that there was no robust coffee but the regular was fine. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Shelly B! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to take a look at the kitchen flooring, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I will be sure to have the robust coffee when you return. We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The pool/hottub area was lovely. Pool was very large compared to many other hotels we've stayed in. Some rooms on first floor have doors that open to pool area. The breakfast was delicious! The food provided Monday through Friday from 4-7pm was delicious and very generous! Rooms were clean and comfortable. There was plenty of seating to eat breakfast. Atmosphere was spacious and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you Melissa M from Hartford. I am happy that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub. Thanks for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Ft Myers-Bell Tower Shops. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We arrived here for a weekend stay to visit the Edison and Ford Estates in Ft. Myers. We checked in easily, and were given a nice, large king suite on the third floor. The suite must have been redone lately as the carpet and paint appeared new. The room was very clean and presented an excellent appearance. There was a refrigerator, stove and dishes in the pantry. Though a non-smoking room, when we first opened the door there was a cigarette odor which was not too strong but definitely there. We reported this to the desk and they apologized and offered to move us to another room. We had unpacked by then, so we stayed put. The desk clerk said the entire hotel was smoke free, so someone, perhaps an employee broke the rules.

Breakfast comes with your stay and on both mornings, we had an excellent meal and the fare was varied and most people would be satisfied with their offerings. We had sausage and scrambled eggs, toast, home fries, cheese omelet, and sausage biscuits. They also had cereals, and sweet rolls, and Belgian waffles available. The coffee was excellent.

The lobby presented a very nice appearance and we noted several groups using it for conversation. The exterior was well maintained and the pool area was very nice.

We found that that every employeed we interacted with was very pleasant, often helpful, and all appeared to be in good spirits. We loved the stay here and would definitely stay here again on a future visit to Ft. Myers. For what you get, the cost to stay here is a true bargain. Also a plus is the location just across the street from an upscale outdoor mall called the Shops at Bell Tower. There are several very nice restaurants in the mall and a 20 screen theater. There are many more restaurants close by for variety. There are many upscale shops in the mall including Saks Fifth Avenue.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfewell2016

Fantastic review. Thank you for the detailed and kind comments about our hotel and staff. The Edison/Ford Estates is a great Southwest Florida attraction! A must see if your visiting the area. Thanks again for choosing Homewood Suites Ft Myers-Bell Tower Shops as your home away from home when visiting Ft Myers.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Was in Ft Myers for a Aunt's 90th Birthday party / Family reunion and everything was wonderful! Beautiful hotel and lovely location! If in Ft Myers again will definitely stay at the Homewood Suites again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you and our best birthday wishes to your Aunt! Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Overall the hotel was good. The room was nice and we really liked the setup with the living area/kitchen and separate bedroom. Bonus 2 closets! The breakfast was great, make the waffle! The dinner was ok, we still went out every night, but the drinks made up for it! The only improvement I could ask for is better bedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Great review Francescia! Thank you! The waffle iron is my favorite too. New bedding coming soon in early 2014. Hurry back!