“Best kept secret in Ft. Myers!”
Review of Allure Suites

Allure Suites
Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Best kept secret in Ft. Myers!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was my second stay in MainStay Suites and I absolutely love this place! The two bedroom suite was perfect for our four-day visit with family that lives in the area. In addition to the two bedrooms ~ each with its own TV and bathroom, there is a small "living room/kitchen" area with a couch, chair and TV, and full-size refrigerator, small stove top, dishwasher, kitchen sink and island eating area. The breakfast is basic, but the accommodations more than make up for that. The rooms were clean and, although limited, the plates and utensils served our needs. No bed bugs issues during our stay! I think this hotel is the best kept secret in Ft. Myers!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back ot the building overlook a pond and trees ~ very nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I had read some reviews and was a little worried. Thankfully, it was for nothing. The location is close to everything, the hotel was clean, the staff was very nice and helpful. We had the 2 room suite & were traveling with our 2 sons, 12 & 16. Perfect arrangement & for the price, unbeatable. Everyone had their own space. When we left we forgot a pillow my husband uses and one of my sons shirts and they came running out twice to catch us to make sure we didnt forget. Would & will stay there again. Pool & hot tub were working. Breakfast is very basic, but with what we were saving we had a very nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel! Rooms & bathrooms both very clean. We were in room 306, I did check for bed bugs like another review had warned about, absolutley nothing there. Also, as far as plates missing, everything we could have needed was in cupboards & in the dishwasher...clean. Would recommend, especially for traveling with kids.

Room Tip: The 2 room, 2 bathroom suite is under $150 with tax. Plus you get the middle living room with a smal...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christina N
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We tried to give this place a second chance to " get it right" but it seems they have failed miserably. It's difficult to know where to begin so I will start from the moment arriving in our suite. The one room had an odor that required purchasing fabreeze prior to sleeping. The suite which was supposed to have everything you would need to cook, had rusty utensils and old telflon pans that should have been thrown out long ago. The refrigerator worked but opened up on the wall side which was weird. The laundry room had only 1 working washer and the 'workout" room had broken equipment that was never repaired from the prior tear we had been there.
The bathrooms were an ongoing annoyance in respect that the toilets were constantly getting stopped up and required a plunger.
We have nothing but great things to say about the service and desk personnel and don't wish this to be about them. The person in charge of the hotel needs to fix the things in each suite to make this a worthwhile and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth C
TN
Reviewed 8 February 2013

RM 313. Stayed in hotel for 9 night on business trip. Bed showed no signs of bugs. During my 7th night, I was attacked or at least the bites showed up. I was bit on my arms, legs, fingers, hands, chest, ankle, and neck. The bites are showing up randomly during the day. I look terrible at work, and I'm having trouble explaining to people what is wrong with my skin. I've uploaded pics of the bugs and bites. Be warned, Don't Stay Here!

Management could care less at this point about the infestation. I ripped the bed apart and it looks as though the sheet on the boxspring hasn't been changed in a LONG time, they were living in all the cracks, little spots of black all over. There was tons of human hair and dander in the side that was against headboard.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank redneckITengineer
Todd Y, General Manager at Allure Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
The Hotel does not have bed bugs. We had the hotel thoroughly inspected for all pests. On February 8, 2013, Steritech, a professional pest extermination team came to the property to treat the pest problem. We care very much for the safety of all of our guests. We have inspection reports and treatment documents available for all guests at the front desk.
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed 15 December 2012

This hotel has all the earmarks of being a great place to stay. It's a shame they don't finish it off with a service most people expect. The rooms are great. I had a two room suite with a large sitting area that included a couch and chair. Nice kitchen area with plenty of counter space, this is probably the best thing about this hotel. Oh, except the price. All this for under $65/nt. Excellent front desk people.

On the downside, there's no Wi-Fi here except in the lobby. They do have wired Internet, but it is excruciatingly slow. For a business person like me that needs to be constantly working on our online software, this was a real problem.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank drdroad
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I went to this hotel when I went down to Florida to visit my family. I don't normally take the time to review hotels and restaurants, but this time I felt I had to share my experience. The staff there was genuinely interested in my comfort and made sure I had everything I needed (I forgot a few toiletries at home), and they also gave me a prompt wake up time so I made my flight with no problems. Travelling can be hectic for the holidays, so I was happy not to have any issues with my hotel, flying is a pain enough already! The price was super reasonable, and I would return here in a heartbeat for the next time I make it out to visit relatives. 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel if you are looking for a bargain and a good place to stay. All the rooms seem...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Mainstay is a good value relative to the offerings with a professional and informative staff. We visited the Fort Myers area and took our dog. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a delightful young lady working the desk that assisted in procuring a room of my choice that was convenient to the elevator and outdoor exit for the purpose of my dog's needs. She also informed me of various dog parks in the area, and took the time to research and give me a computer printout of information about the dog beach on Estero at the Fort Myers beach area. If you have a dog, you need to check this designated beach out. What a delightful experience. Behind the hotel is a large grassy area for the dog's needs. The hotel, although a bit aged, is clean and well maintained. The room was in the design of a suite and had plenty of room. Simply put, it met the needs for an accomodation. I also need to mention, that upon entering the room, I found a personalized welcome card, along with a baggie of goodies. The breakfast offered the basics, but was satisfactory. The pool was closed for repair and was a non issue. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Edison at Midtown
Edison at Midtown
#24 of 59 in Fort Myers
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!