“Worst Ever”
Review of Allure Suites

Allure Suites
Ranked #48 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights and had many disappointments. No ice, nothing left for breakfast at 8:20 in the morning when breakfast is supposed to be from 6-9am. Both days, nothing but cheerios, yogurt and muffins. Nothing done in our room such as making bed, giving new towels, cleaning, emptying the coffee pot or giving coffee for 2nd morning. We were told they only clean the rooms on Tues & Thur. We stayed Tues & Wed night so no one even entered our room. It would be ok to not change sheets, but we have never stayed in a hotel that did not make beds and change towels etc. There were small bugs on the counter, I think tiny ants. The internet did not work for our laptop. Only Ethernet was available. No WIFI in rooms. Bathroom was dirty and the elevator floors were a mess. Sorry I used 2400 reward points for this hotel. I'm there were better choices with the Choice Hotel name to it. I should have read the reviews before booking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed overnight with friends who were staying at this hotel. We went to Fort Myers to visit with friends who were visiting Florida - it was only a 3 hour drive so they said bring your jammies and bunk on the pull out sofa. First impressions is that this was formerly some other type of hotel - probably a better brand hotel. The decor was early 90's - maybe late 80's. Very dated - lots of green and purple through out the hallways and lobbies. The exterior of the building also showed signs of age. The pull out bed was actually not too bad. We slept well and did not partake of the breakfast provided. Our hosts said it was ok but not great. Heavy on carbs, not great coffee and low on protein items. We went to IHOP instead (several miles away). The front desk staff seemed friendly and not at all rude. They brought us extra blankets, towels etc. and were nice to speak to.

The room we were in had a full fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, sink and small dishwasher. There was no oven so when they say full kitchen - it's not really. The place was clean, the furniture was comfortable but - again, very outdated. Our friends had to change rooms because some of the kitchen appliances didn't work in the first room and were not full size - like the fridge. etc. so rooms are inconsistent. Our friends were staying for a week or more so it was important to have a place to prepare some meals. My friends are all about price - to me, quality and my personal feelings of well being trump a cheap price - you get what you pay for.

Overall, from what I observed, I would choose this for a night or 2, tops. I wouldn't feel comfortable here for an extended period of time. It was ok, I didn't see bugs, it was relatively clean so that's why I gave it the 3 star rating. If I were looking only at the hallways and main areas, I'd probably give it 2 stars. The carpets in the common areas were in need of a good scrubbing, The elevator floors were awfully dirty, the bottoms of doors could use a good
cleaning - maybe put toe kicks on the doors - a little sprucing up would go a long way.

Bottom line - I'm being generous with the 3 stars. I debated between 2 and 3 but because the hideaway bed was not awful I gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We chose this hotel as it was close to the water ... what a mistake can't even see the water! The rooms are large but there is a urine smell that is stifling. We had to buy some air freshener to mask the odor. The beds and bedding are old and need to be changed. General maintenance appears to be lacking. The rooms appear to be clean but the smell makes me wonder what is there. Breakfast was just a bunch of stale carbohydrates with the worst tasting coffee I ever drank. The whole place needs to be cleaned and renovated.
Suggestion:Dont bother - not a nice place.

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred L
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a very large room, with kitchen and plenty of lounging space. Front desk staff were pleasant, and breakfast was decent (and spacious dining area). Very close to a Publix supermarket and Chinese restaurant, which was helpful. Our only negative observation was the following: a used cigarette was left on top of one of the two dehumidifiers in the room, and both dehumidifiers were full (water needed to be emptied). We were able to empty one of them, but the other one seemed to be broken.

Room Tip: We had a nice suite with three queen beds, living room and large kitchen with desk. Had view of pool...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I always hate to do a bad review, but I came away with bug bites from my stay in this Motel. The employees were great, friendly and helpful in all ways. The pool and hot tube were ok too. No hot breakfast as advertised, this was one of the reasons I booked this Motel. The place was hard to find also, it was behind other buildings, don't try to find it in the dark.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sistersu306
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. Everything was very clean and up to date. I read some reviews before I got there and was not too sure. A few reviews were pretty bad, but I had not problems at all. Great location, pool was nice as well as hot tub. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The only downfall was not wifi in the room but a computer in the lobby and a free breakfast with wonderful coffee everyday. Publix supermarket is a great store and only a 5 min walk. My room had a beautiful view of the pool and the pond in the back where I made friends with the ducks. Will stay again...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JaynieBenjamin
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was very shocked when I read the other reviews. Bad was very far from our experience at this comfy hotel. The pool was amazing and the staff was SUPER friendly. This hotel was the perfect place away from home and the staff made me and my husband feel like we were in the comfort of our own home. Our room had a separate living-room area with a kitchen and a separate bedroom area. Our room also had a nice view of a pretty pond. I am very glad we chose to stay in MainStay Suites on our visit to Fort Myers and we will definitely be coming back for a yearly vacation.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom suite but our friends whom had children with them stayed in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
4 mi away
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!