“Good enough, cheap enough, clean enough... and near airport.”

Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
New York, NY
“Good enough, cheap enough, clean enough... and near airport.”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Was flying into Ft. Myers late with 4 small kids (11 PM arrival) and needed a cheap and easy room for the family convenient to the airport. The shuttle picked us up with our luggage right on time, check-in was easy and the staff helpful with our luggage. The room was fine... clearly nothing fancy but good enough for a quick night's sleep. We all fit into one room (two doubles and a fold-out sofa) and a perfectly adequate breakfast for all 6 of us was included in the price (saved $30 at least). Room was clean enough (wife wasn't skeeved out, for what that's worth).

All-in-all I would say a perfectly adequate night's sleep and very reasonable price ($90 all-in including AAA discount).

I wouldn't reccomend for an extended stay or anything fancy, but fine for an easy room near the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CaptainCosmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Name changed to Grandstay hotel. Large room with two double beds, sofa, microwave, fridge good for families. Good sized breakfast area.

• Stayed February 2011
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This is a very nice place to stay. Quiet and Clean. All rooms are non-smoking. Butt cans are provided outside. Big charge for smoking inside (so don't). Beds are pretty firm. Softer beds would be somewhat nicer. It appears that more updates are in progress. Water pressure could be a little stronger for showers. Good wireless signal in rooms. I would highly recommend this property for either a short or long stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Holland
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We are Dutch and we went to Fort Myers for a special target: the birth of our son. At the airport we asked for a cheap but good hotel. The cab driver ( very good service by the way) brought us to this hotel. We booked the biggest room for 69 Dollar. We did not expect much for that money but it was great: big room, very good bed, gym, swimming pool, clean, good breakfast and lovely friendly people: all!!! from the director, manager till the cleaners. They all did all so much for us and our little son. We could not believe it was truth! After 5 days we smiled when we received the bill, very cheap. Pity they only have one hotel and not more in the States. Normally we go to Best Western this Hotel is simulair, except the bill: we " earn " almost 95 dollar pro night: great!.

Regards R&P&D from Holland

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PippiHolland
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I booked our stay using my debit card. Upon arrival we gave the clerk a different card and asked that the room be charged to this card. She said no problem.

When we were ready to leave, they over charged us by $10.00 a day! It took some talking but they finally gave in and credited us the $33.00! It's only $33.00 but if they did that to everyone, they'd make a killing.

This morning I checked my bank account to find they charged my debit card!! What part didn't they understand?
I had to miss work to get this taken care of so I didn't have checks bouncing all over town!

To make matters worse, they claimed we had a queen bed! That was no queen bed! I have a queen bed! They are charging queen bed rates for a simple full size bed.

The only thing they had going right was it is clean and the wake up calls came when i asked for them!

Arrrggghhh!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iamteagal
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I recently traveled to Ft. Myers for a business trip. I wanted to stay somewhere clean, safe and affordable. A co-worker recommended the Wynstar. I am so glad I chose to follow through with his recommendation! This hotel had everything I needed. Minutes from the freeway, a fitness center and quality rooms. Plus, it was incredibly affordable. The staff was all courteous and helpful. I was driving to several different locations in the SW Florida region and received tips and route directions whenever I asked. They also offer a free morning breakfast; there are waffles, bagels and donuts. Perhaps not the healthiest of morning meals, but they also offer cereal. The hotel has a pool and fitness center that are well maintained. I used the hotel computer to print off a contract that was about 21 pages. They didn't charge me extra for printing or faxing. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. If I ever need a hotel in Ft. Myers again I know that I will be staying with the Wynstar again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank KristieA
orlando
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We have been staying at the Wynstar Inn for almost 5 years as it is 5 minutes away from our childrens' college. From the first time to this month it has always been clean, quiet, with friendly and helpful staff. We have stayed at many chain hotels in Florida as our daughter played travel softball all over the state, and the Wynstar outshines each one of the chain hotels. Not only because of the accomodations, but the price can't be beat. On one quickly unplanned trip to see the kids, we stayed at a different hotel, where, to the tune of $123, we had a clean room with....no internet access, a restaurant with a $12 buffet and stuffy, boring front desk staff.

Not only would I recommend this hotel to a friend, I would recommend this hotel to other hotel chains as an example of how they should be.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple