“Old Place” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Urbana, Ohio
“Old Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The place was old, and not updated at all, glad we only stayed one night. The staff was nice, and the rates cheap. We was in town for work, got in late and up early, so it was not too bad. The breakfast was a joke.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room was clean and everything seemed in working order. My two
complaints would be the 4/5 men hanging around the stairs to the second
floor, drinking and laughing very loudly. Yes, I was a little nervous about them.
The bottom of the tub was extremely slippery and gave slightly as you moved around on it. we are both seniors and we were a bit frightened of
falling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Warning! Warning! Choice Privilege members.....
Hotel was okay, but Choice Privileges program and promotion is bull! The desk clerk signed me up, so when I went to redeem my free 1 night for staying 2 times, I was denied for all these reasons:
1. First, she put Southwest Airlines as my preferred loyalty program, so the stays weren't credited. I didn't ask for this.
2. My stays didn't even register in my account even though I made my reservations online, inside my account.
3. Then I was told that since Econo Lodge was one of my stays, it's an economy hotel (which is not stated on their ad banner at all) so I'd have to stay at three of their listed hotels for 2 nights in a row to get one night credit. The woman on the phone started naming all these stipulations that are on the learn more tab in the fine print. So I'm done with the Choice Program. It's a lie. When I show up at a hotel at 2am from driving the last thing I want to do is haggle on the phone with some web person. Just honor your promotions.!!!
A side note: I paid more for the Econo Lodge than I did for comfort suites room so how is the economy brand economy if I paid more for it?

Room Tip: Don't use Choice Privileges
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jesulbuib
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed in. It really should rent rooms by the hour; towels were molded, tv broken, ice machine had been broken for long time; continental breakfast was a toaster with hand wrapped bread and Sunny D. We actually walked across the parking lot to the Days Inn to get ice out of their machine. The bathroom was totally gross; the bed had a mattress fit for a dog bed. And the price was unbelievable. $110 with everything broken and dirty. The picture above is a picture from many, many years ago, it looks nothing like that; it's so run down and dirty; inside and out; you're better off sleeping in your car. And by the looks of people walking in the parking lot and in and out of the other rooms; safer in your car in a rest area.

Room Tip: Avoid the entire hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlp57
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We called the Choice Hotel reservation line and reserved two rooms for our family with two twin-beds in each rooms. We got the email confirmation, but by the time we got there, we were told that there are only one room with twin-beds, the other is a room with a queen bed. On top of that, the two rooms were located on two opposite ends of the hotel, so we would have to walk a while to go talk to each other. The fridge was old and beat-up, and everything in the rooms was outdated. The lady at the front desk is slow and incompetent, so there is always a long line waiting to talk to her to get anything done.

The place was very noisy. There was an old corvette illegally parked right in front of our room (it was not a parking spot). The driver would run it in and out all night which woke us up. It was still there by the time we checked out 11am the next day. The staff in the hotel did not care.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel_The_World_Jia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

These rooms smelled like moldy wet carpet. Pictures and mirrors were crooked. Bathroom was nasty. Tiny sink area. Poor layout of the room. The front service people were rude. The place was under construction when we stayed so there was no good night's rest. The entire hotel looked depressing and outdated.Do not stay here.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Danielle S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had never been to the area so I tried to find a reasonable hotel. So I found this one for $49 a night & the man booked the rm over the phone & said it would be $110.98. Well I always check my cc statement on line almost everyday & I noticed I was charged $130.00, so at checkout my husband went to say something as the owner (the middle eastern man) was pushing s cc receipt of $110.98 for my husband to sign. My husband declined & came out to the car to get me. The owner proceeded to tell me that the $130.00 would be reversed back to my credit card & i'm only paying $110.98, but until that charge was reversed this hotel had $240.98 of our money & I explained to the owner that this was never told to me & I only had $300 total on that card & I have to get back to Clearwater! Also, there were bugs in our rm & the front desk clerk shows up about 11pm w/a flashlight & wakes everyone up because she wanted to see the bugs. They were told about them at 8:30 that morning! Also, ice machine broke, & the "continental" breakfast was a few bsgels wrapped in plastic wrap & a dmall container of this horrible tasting "coffee"! However, the topper was when we were leaving the maid kept hovering around outside our door & at 10:45 said if we're not gone in 10mins the owner will charge us for another night! These people got a free 9hrs from us the first night because check in is at 3pm & we didn't get there until after midnight, & they're gonna threaten us w/more money when we still had 15 mins till checkout! Overall, worst stay ever! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Chargergirl12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Red Roof Inn Fort Myers
Red Roof Inn Fort Myers
#38 of 58 in Fort Myers
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
#31 of 58 in Fort Myers
Edison at Midtown
Edison at Midtown
#25 of 58 in Fort Myers

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!