“Perfect for our needs...”

Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Hazelwood, Missouri, United States
“Perfect for our needs...”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We were in Ft Myers for four nights...having the little kitchenette was nice...we could have our coffee...juice...etc without getting dressed....found it to be roomy...clean...if not too fancy...it was also reasonably priced!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dania Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Check in was extremely friendly, fast, and courteous. I felt the hotel was in a decent and safe area and the staff (and even the other guests) were all friendly.
My room was spacious with plenty of room and it was clean. The hotel itself a tad outdated, but as I said, I felt safe and it was clean, so for my purposes it was fine for this trip. I didn't use any of the kitchen amenities so I can’t say much, but everything was also clean. The bed was about average, the TV selection and TV itself was sub-par (It doesn't have to be a “flat screen” to be acceptable, but it could at least have a good image and sound quality.) I had no issues and everything was fine, but I’d say it was about “average” and there’s nothing wrong with that. It was a decent hotel at a decent price. The price was below the other hotels for this time of year and I was not spending three times the amount I generally spend in this area (on the others).
My only real reason for possibly not staying again was the noise level (room above me, hallway floors creaking, etc.) was much more of a distraction than I could have imagined. Regardless of what the guests above me are doing I should not hear it; this has to be due to inexpensive construction. It sounded like they were dropping bowling balls on the floor which was literally rattling the ceiling fixtures.
All in all, it was fine. I felt that I was safe and the room was clean, so for one night it was ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so nobody is above you
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it for other travelers coming to this area. We are in the process of replacing all of our televisions with Flat Screen TVs. I am also expanding our TV channels significantly as well. I appreciate your kind words regarding the property and your experience. I believe I did email you a personal response as well regarding your stay. As we did, have 2 base ball teams in during your stay, I can believe you are correct ad may have actually heard ball dropping. Im sorry for any inconvenience! I do hope you return and enjoy our property again. As the owner/operator I welcome all input from my guests. We strive to make sure our guests are treated to CLEAN ROOMS-GREAT SERVICE AND AN AWESOME VALUE HERE AT THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL - FORT MYERS (okay that was my plug). I hope you consider us for a future visit. Holly Smith, owner, 239-938-0100
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We used our rewards points for this seven-night stay. It was the most reasonably priced, average-rated hotel in the Choice Rewards program. As expected, it was nothing luxurious. Rooms were pretty clean, although there was a strong smell of deoderizer throughout the building. Carpeting was a stained in some of the rooms. The pool was nice. The bed was comfy. Staff was relatively helpful. It is close to a small airport so the sound of airplanes starting at 7 am will awaken even the deepest of sleepers. Don't forget your toiletries, because they are not equipped with much other than shampoo and bar soap. It is pretty far from the local attractions we went there to see, but that is our fault for not researching the size of Fort Myers and its distance from Fort Myers Beach. Traveling through the the city can be somewhat of a nightmare during peak hours until you learn the less-traveled routes to take (avoid 41!).

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4Letty4
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have stayed here twice. Once several years back for a family wedding and this time to visit family while our grandson & wife (Air Force) were home for the first time from Tokyo Japan. The accomdations are a bit small but very clean and for the most part, kept well enough. We needed a handicap room with seat in shower - the person on the 800 number did not make that clear - so the front desk put us on the first floor in a room for the 'hearing impaired.' We mostly ate out. It is close to the northern Mel's Diner which is phenomenal for their 'mile high' Pies and great food; and also close to the airport. It is pretty much sound proofed depending if you are close to an outside door. Guess that's true of any hotel. The staff were very gracious and would help with anything you would ask. A nice place for the money. We didn't swim (outside pool) - it was February - and the cool weather was in Florida also - but the pool was heated to 80 degrees another roomer told us. It is a Choice Hotel and we it helped increase our points a bit. Although it's getting harder and harder to get a free night anywhere.

Room Tip: We didn't ask for room service - there is a miniature kitchen in the room if you need something...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Here's the deal, it's an extended stay hotel so keeping that in mind, you have to weigh out the cost vs, the location, type of accommodations, etc. Knowing it was a budget motel, we knew going in the towels were not luxurious, the walls not the sound muffling of a costlier place, etc. Well, yes, the elephant above woke me up at 4 am when it jumped out of bed and bounded about, but that was about it. The room was otherwise very quiet (the elephant never did it again) and it was very clean. The location is fabulous to get to the beach or shopping and has many restaurants nearby as well. If you are non smokers like us, be sure to enter through the front entrance. They still have smoking rooms and if you enter through the sides you run the gauntlet of smoking rooms and the smell permeates EVERYTHING.
You get what you pay for and we got what we wanted! We hope to make another trip to Ft Myers to get to the beaches, eat at awesome restaurants and go shopping. We only need a place to sleep and shower for the night so we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sasakidalem
Peoria
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A decent place to stay in a safe and convenient location. Check-in and check-out was handled smoothly by Katherine who was genuinely friendly, efficient, and accommodating. The room was clean and functional. We stayed 5 nights so the lack of comfortable chairs was one way things could be improved. Also the bed's comfort was marginal. Would not hesitate to stay here again. The price was reasonable for the service provided.

Room Tip: Stairs are on south side of building so you have a longer walk if you are staying on north side. The...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R-M M
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our first time at a Suburban Extended Stay. I had visions of kids running in the corridors and wild parties in every 3rd room but that didn't happen. Check in was delayed by a long winded phone conversation between the clerk and a reservation seeker. The friendly clerk apologized and registration was quickly completed.
Our king room was actually two rooms, bed and bath in one and kitchenette and desk the other. Rooms and utensils were very clean although a hard to see (depending on how the light shined on it) spot was on one of the floor tiles. The desk clerk called us to inquire if the room was satisfactory.
We later discovered that there was no bath soap and just one remaining facial tissue. No biggy as we had our own.
The downer was the limited channel selection on the TVs (2), about what you get at a casino hotel.
All in all, good value for what they charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple