“Quirky Little Place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sorrento, Florida
“Quirky Little Place”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We had spent the morning on a guided walk and by 1:00 were very hungry. Several of the top rated restaurants near Six Mile Slough were closed so we took the trek downtown to the bistro. The night before the downtown was packed with Harley's, but today it was peaceful.

The place had a bit of a funny odor, but the service was good. We both ordered the Crab Eggs Benedict. The crab mixture was tasty. Other than the fact that the entree was a bit short on hollandaise, we agreed on this, everything was good. Eggs weren't poached correctly, but that is definitely not uncommon. I noticed many people were having mimosas.

We'd go again and try the coffee drinks or go at night for a beer. They had a nice selection of beers.

Charlotte, NC
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As I say in all my restaurant reviews, it can depend on what you get. I got a fish sandwich of some sort. I can't remember the exact one. It was good but a little non-descript. It came with potato wedges that were really good. The location is great though, right on a corner in downtown Ft. Myers and we ate on the sidewalk outside since the weather was so nice. I would eat there again and try something different.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Not a Brit to be seen or heard”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

One of the earlier reviews said that you needed a British accent to receive good service..
Well,we were the only Brits in the place,including the bar staff !
I had BBC America which was a bun with beef,caramelised onions and melted cheese,with wedges. It was good.
My wife had the cottage pie which was also fine.
The draft craft beer was Top Hat,so that was excellent.
Good cafe atmosphere.
We travelled 20 miles to see what it was like,and have a look around the Historic Quarter and ,whilst we were not disappointed and everything was fine,there's probably not enough to make us teturn

1 Thank RedTedd
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Nice little Bistro”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

United is a very atmospheric place to sit and relax and enjoy some top notch cuisine. Today we enjoyed a great brunch of a Caprese' Stack for my husband, and the Bronzed Scallop Eggs Benedict for myself. Everything was fresh and well made. I am very picky about my scallops, and these were large, plump, and cooked perfectly. They were also very tasty. I have had some at other places that were pretty bland. Our server, Leslie, was very nice and attentive, always on the ball.

For some reason a lot of places in Ft. Myers that call themselves a Bistro think that gives them license to overprice their food, but United I think gets their prices just right for the value they serve. My rating would be between $$ and $$$.

“Lunch”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I had the best grouper and Alfredo lunch there today. Their specials are truly special. Their wait staff are good people. They always greet you with a smile. It's like going to a friend's house for lunch.