“Can I just live here? Love it!!”
Review of Rock Lake Resort

and 1 more site!
Rock Lake Resort
Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I'm staying at Rock Lake Resort as I write this review. I am here to celebrate my birthday and while browsing through the long lists of places to stay I came across Rock Lake...saw the pictures and knew this is were I wanted to stay. And I wasn't wrong. This place is so tranquil and serene you forget that you're in a large city. I am staying in a lakeside cottage and its absolutely perfect. The staff members are very friendly and accomodating. Sitting out on the patio and gazing across the water just takes you to another place and time. Not sure if I will ever have the chance to visit Fort Myers again, but if I do...THIS is the only place I would stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank LisaBee717

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My house in neighboring Dean Park sold so fast I was out of my home! My husband and I rented a cottage - reasonable rates - at the Rock Lake Resort for three weeks. The place is pet friendly and well-taken care of. Quiet cottages sit on a man-made lake with dolphin fountains all around. Every cottage has a refrigerator and kitchenette as well as a porch on the lake.

I highly recommend that anyone living downtown Fort Myers having company from out of town to direct them this way - or, if you are visiting - this is worth the stay. Do be sure that you are getting a cottage, however, and not one of the rooms adjacent to the office which is across the street. These rooms are satisfactory, but not nearly so pittoresque.

Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Just make sure you are in one of the "rock" cottages. There is laundry facility, small po...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathryn W
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We loved this place! It's not new, slick or cookie cutter. It is a bit like a step back in time.

We stayed in a kitchenette overlooking the small rock lake and enjoyed every day/night we were there. Coffee on the covered patio in the morning watching the birds and turtles was a great way to start the day.

They have a clean pool, canoe's, tennis, a picnic area and a nature walk that goes thru the back of their 5 acre site. The rooms are very clean and efficient and the beds are comfy. The staff, each of them, go out of their way to make you feel at home, and we did.

Room Tip: Pizza place across the street was good also.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank penningwe
Reviewed 2 February 2013

End of July12, me an my 11-year old daughter spent a night in one of the charming bungalows for 70$. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay very much. Ping-pong paddles and a canoue was for free even on our day of departure. While having breakfast on our porch, we were visited by a turtle in the pond. As it was the off-season, we were the only ones using the nice little pool

A great place to stay if your looking for a calm and clean motel in Fort Myers.

Room Tip: Go for a bungalow!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Sternenjunge
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed on the lake at Rock Lake Resort. Staff is very friendly and helpful during our odd time of arrival and departure. They worked with us wonderfully. We loved the porch overlooking the lake. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Lake side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank teresa3032us
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Awesome place to stay and relax in Fort Meyers. We will definitely return soon :) The staff was inviting and neighbors welcoming. The receptionist even brought our dog treats from her own home! Great place if you have a pet, they will love the fenced in outside area and lake view. Peaceful and serene.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank MonikaEvin
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Regarding "Bodily Fluids"

When I read your reveiw, it made me ashamed. My husband, two daughters and myself stayed there a awhile ago for one night. It was so filty, we slept in our clothes! I should have reveiwed it on TA, but didn't have the heart to write a really bad review. I realize now that it was irresponsible not to say anything, as I wouldn't wish this place on anyone. This is my first bad review ever, as I always try to give "benefit of the doubt" and am not usually a complainer. The smell and dirtiness of the room was shocking, but we were at the end of a very long holiday and were leaving for Canada early the next morning. We just slept on top of the beds and showered at our next hotel.
Obviously it hasn't changed and I will back up the fact that the manager seemed quite incompetent, we had to wait a long time for her to show up when we got there. I know this review is not recent, but the horrors are still etched in our memories !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family