“Just what we were looking for!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock Lake Resort

Rock Lake Resort
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Los Angeles, California
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent a week in one of the cottages and loved it. We were looking for an old Florida experience and got it in a refurbished, clean room with kitchenette. There was wildlife in the lake outside, a lovely pool and easy access to N. Fort Myers where we had family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Patricia D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lehigh Acres
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Ever since I moved to fort Myers from Sarasota, I have wanted to stay here. So my wife surprised me today on my birthday with a night here. This is what Florida was and is all about. To say this place has charm does not do the word justice. I am writing this review from the porch of room #5 on the lake. The room is perfect. I took a canoe out twice today, the creek is beautiful. It is so peaceful here, the sound of the dinner train, the water from the dolphins hitting the water...
The pool is perfect, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spotless. We went to the pizza place across the road, very good !
There are very few places left like this, I will remember this night forever.
You have to experience it...it is that cool....

Room Tip: We stayed in the #5 cottage on the lake
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank stratman56
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I'm staying at Rock Lake Resort as I write this review. I am here to celebrate my birthday and while browsing through the long lists of places to stay I came across Rock Lake...saw the pictures and knew this is were I wanted to stay. And I wasn't wrong. This place is so tranquil and serene you forget that you're in a large city. I am staying in a lakeside cottage and its absolutely perfect. The staff members are very friendly and accomodating. Sitting out on the patio and gazing across the water just takes you to another place and time. Not sure if I will ever have the chance to visit Fort Myers again, but if I do...THIS is the only place I would stay.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank LisaBee717
Fort Myers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My house in neighboring Dean Park sold so fast I was out of my home! My husband and I rented a cottage - reasonable rates - at the Rock Lake Resort for three weeks. The place is pet friendly and well-taken care of. Quiet cottages sit on a man-made lake with dolphin fountains all around. Every cottage has a refrigerator and kitchenette as well as a porch on the lake.

I highly recommend that anyone living downtown Fort Myers having company from out of town to direct them this way - or, if you are visiting - this is worth the stay. Do be sure that you are getting a cottage, however, and not one of the rooms adjacent to the office which is across the street. These rooms are satisfactory, but not nearly so pittoresque.

Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Just make sure you are in one of the "rock" cottages. There is laundry facility, small po...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathryn W
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We loved this place! It's not new, slick or cookie cutter. It is a bit like a step back in time.

We stayed in a kitchenette overlooking the small rock lake and enjoyed every day/night we were there. Coffee on the covered patio in the morning watching the birds and turtles was a great way to start the day.

They have a clean pool, canoe's, tennis, a picnic area and a nature walk that goes thru the back of their 5 acre site. The rooms are very clean and efficient and the beds are comfy. The staff, each of them, go out of their way to make you feel at home, and we did.

Room Tip: Pizza place across the street was good also.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank penningwe
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

End of July12, me an my 11-year old daughter spent a night in one of the charming bungalows for 70$. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay very much. Ping-pong paddles and a canoue was for free even on our day of departure. While having breakfast on our porch, we were visited by a turtle in the pond. As it was the off-season, we were the only ones using the nice little pool

A great place to stay if your looking for a calm and clean motel in Fort Myers.

Room Tip: Go for a bungalow!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Sternenjunge
Edgewater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed on the lake at Rock Lake Resort. Staff is very friendly and helpful during our odd time of arrival and departure. They worked with us wonderfully. We loved the porch overlooking the lake. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Lake side.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family