“Can't Believe the Bad Reviews. Thsi place is great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pump It Up
Ranked #71 of 111 things to do in Fort Myers
Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Can't Believe the Bad Reviews. Thsi place is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I don't normally write reviews on trip advisor, but having seen the few bad reviews of Pump It Up I had to tell my experience. I have 4 children between the ages of 3 and 7 and have been coming to Pump It Up for 5 years. It is always spotlessly clean and incredibly safe. I have been to their open bounce sessions and to tons of parties. The staff are always amazing and the kids have a great time.

There really is so little to do for kids indoors and this place is the best option. Having been open for 7 years (i think) I'm sure some people have had a bad experience, but don't let the bad reviews put you off! This place is great

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Lisa F

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“LONG BUT WORTH THE READ...Terrible Experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! My family went to pop-in-playtime. There was 75-100 kids minimum, they only had one room opened with 3 small bounce areas for the first hour. The kids were literally on top of each other. There was ZERO supervision by the employees. There were older children who were flipping off the sides of the walls, climbing the slides backwards, jumping off the top of the smaller slides, etc. My 2 and half year old was kicked and jumped on several times until I could pull her out of the one bounce house, the one employee was too busy playing with hula hoops to see that kids were getting trampled. While this employee was playing with the hula hoops, she accidentally left go of it and just missed hitting my disabled stepfather in the face by an inch or so.

To top it off, this same employee came to my younger brother who was under my mother's and my supervision the ENTIRE time we were there and accused him of punching another kid. She walked up to my brother and NEVER asked my mother or me if she could take him away from us (he is 8 yrs old), she then took my brother away from us, we followed to see what she was doing and she started accusing my brother of punching another kid. She never asked if he did it. After the other child realized he incorrectly pointed my brother out and it was actually another boy, she NEVER once apologized. Instead, she had an attitude with us, I guess from embarrassment. She then went to other staff members and continued to say my brother punched another kid even after the boy said he pointed out my brother incorrectly. My brother is much more disciplined than many of the kids who were there and would NOT punch another child. We spoke to the manager and she refused to refund us any money.

Also, the bounce houses were not very clean, my daughter's knees and socks were filthy when we left there and we were there just a little over an hour.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HERE UNLESS YOU ARE OK WITH YOUR CHILD BEING MAULED BY UNDISCIPLINED CHILDREN BECAUSE THE STAFF WILL NOT SUPERVISING ANYTHING!!!! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANY PARENT COULD TAKE THEIR CHILD HERE AND NOT FEAR FOR THEIR CHILD'S SAFETY!!

Visited June 2013
12 Thank kristina p
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The owner and Lauren, cash register lady, are jerks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Pump it up is awesome. My almost 2 yrs old loves it. She plays on every bounce house and slide in the place. One day when I took her the owner told me, since she's under 2 yrs old, she's free. I was like, "great". That was about her ninth time going, first free time. The next time we went Laura gave me attitude. I thought, "you're just a cash register person. The owner said she's free because she's under 2." She made a big stink about it and said since I wasn't paying she couldn't bounce on any of the inflatables and she'd have to tell the attendants watching not to let her jump. We'll she jumped. There was a lot of babies in there that day, <1yrs old on the inflatables. Apparently he doesn't have insurance on kids < 2 yrs old. If you ask me he needs to fire Laura. We've been in there a couple times since, didn't pay, and she's very rude. Apparently if you have a older child jumping than she has no problem not charging the <2 yr old but if there's only one child, she's very rude. Every time we go we're with a group of other moms, apparently coming with a lot of paying customers doesn't matter. We put the child's age down on the participation sheet, when you sign in. Apparently they don't care how old the kid is. I've gone with 15 month olds, who she's charged to sit on the inflatales. Besides the rude introduction by Laura, every time we go. The inflatables are awesome and the place is clean. My little one loves it. I'd personally rather drive down to Naples Jumping Jacks, PAY, to have a more pleasant experience. Hopefully one day she'll get caught for charging parents for kids under 2yrs old. They don't even know how to jump yet.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank krista74
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Took my 12 year old and 3 year old. They had a blast. The 3 hour pop in playtime was very affordable. The bounce houses were clean and big. The music was cool. The staff was very helpful when little kids needed a hand climbing or coming back down. Not too packed with kids. Last 10 minutes were glow in the dark bouncetime. I saw people brought snacks which is a good idea. Make sure to wear socks or you ll have to buy some at two dollars a pair.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank bella724
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome place to visit with kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place was awesome. We took our 2 kids, ages 5 and 2, during Open Jump time and they loved it. It was clean and the staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The kids had a great time.

Visited March 2013