“Overlook the rude female staff and enjoy the wonders you'll see”

Sundance Orchids & Bromeliads
Columbus, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Overlook the rude female staff and enjoy the wonders you'll see”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place is just incredible- several houses of the most colorful plants imaginable- we had sensory overload just walking in. The selection is wonderful. Beautiful, colorful ceramics, and a small outdoor display garden area. The plants are gorgeous. When my friend and I ( who are both certified Master Gardeners, in northern states, and considered very friendly ladies !) first arrived we encountered a delightful gentleman who had been there about ten years ( & was not the owner). He was chatty, helpful and informative. Unfortunately as we entered the orchid house, the woman behind the counter ( middle aged, dark hair) all but sniffed at us- no greeting, nothing but a haughty attitude, which continued as we made a few friendly inquiries about product prices and a few care questions. She really couldn't be bothered, and made it clear she wasn't there to educate anyone about their stock. There was a young woman helping her, who was neither rude not pleasant....she never said a word. We were puzzled about whether she was cowed by the witchy woman or just does not interact with customers well. ( by the way, we were the ONLY customers there when we visited on a weekday afternoon)
My friend and I both said afterward that it really spoiled the experience, and even at purchase, she just said 'there you are' - no thank you, no tips about the purchased plants care, nothing. Perhaps there was an odor in the air- her nose was up there for some reason I 'm sure.

In any case, this is an awesome place to see. It is in a residential area & not far from some good shopping plazas. (Bell Tower area)

Visited February 2014
9 Thank Brendastarshine

Brooksville, Florida
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“LOVE, Love, love to visit Sundance Orchids”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My most favorite orchid supplier in Ft. Myers or anywhere for that matter. The bromeliad gardens offer inspiration. Staff is always helpful and the greenhouses are just over the top. My favorites are the living logs available in a variety of sizes. Each is its own little ecosystem that I amaze me. All the orchids I have ever bought from Sundance have been hardy with blooms lasting extremely long. The orchid planters are a beautiful gift for someone special...or yourself.

7 Thank AnitaS484