“Helpful Tips for The Veranda”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 849 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Tampa, Florida
“Helpful Tips for The Veranda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my visit to the Veranda and would return again. Here are some tips to help you
1) Location - my google maps GPS was a bit off on this. coming east on MLK it had me turn left on Monroe and said I had arrived when I got to Monroe/2nd but this was really just a courthouse building. The Veranda is on the BACK SIDE of the block. You are better off coming off MLK and turning left on Broadway, that will take you right into the parking lot for The Veranda on the left at the corner of 2nd.
2) Great atmosphere - wonderful mood lighting and a 'classic' style bar area great you as you walk in to set a good mood. Besides the main dining area they also have multiple private rooms
3) Happy hour was great - we had an app, 4 beers, and 2 cocktails for about $50.
4) Food - tasty. a bit on the pricey side but well done.
5) Service - friendly
6) Parking - valet is free and also some free parking too

I would definitely return. it was a great spot for a dinner meeting.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank thehelpfuldad

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Can't be beat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been in Ft Myers for decades and still fine the Veranda to be the best meal in town. The atmosphere is stylish and the servers friendly and helpful. My favorite dish is the beef medalions, tender, tasty and just plain delicious as is all their food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bobmcduff123
Fort Myers, Florida
“My Favorite FM restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Veranda is hands down THE BEST "nice" restaurant in Fort Myers!
The atmosphere is perfect, the food is DIVINE and the staff are professional and very helpful. The Veranda is the perfect special occasion restaurant.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank amy r
New Hampshire
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were heading to another restaurant when we decided to try something new. We heard good things about the Veranda so we turned around and headed there. Without a reservation, the hostess said she could seat us at a nice table in the bar area underneath a big deers head. It was perfect. The atmosphere was old school with the waiters in tuxedos and and a guy playing piano.

We ordered the Oysters Rockefeller and Fried Artichokes. Artichokes were ok and Oysters Rockefeller delicious. My wife ordered Yellow Snapper and I had the stuffed Veal Chop. My wife's fish was excellent, but the veal chop was the hit of the night! It was stuffed with Buffalo Mozzarella and finished with a mushroom red wine sauce. It was probably one of the best entrees I have had at a restaurant in years.

Our waiter Jack, although busy (looks like they were a bit understaffed), was friendly and knowledgeable. Owning a fine dining restaurant, we don't get out to eat very often, since I am behind a line cooking, but we're glad we found this place. We will now make this a regular stop when we come down to Florida.

2 Thank ChefKman
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Prepare to be disappointed, unless you're going for the ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having savored fabulous food this week in both Ft. Myers and Sanibel Island, four of us left here feeling cheated. It cost more that it should have, but that was not the issue. The issue was freshness and prep. Shrimp cocktail that is even a bit soggy is not fresh. My grouper was overcooked, one of our companions had veal, the other, pork tenderloin (the special), and both were just so-so. The fourth member of our party had the sea bass (special). It was his 2nd time in a week to choose that entree. There was no comparison to the prior dinner--the difference was considerable in favor of the prior. (Not a distinction based on how it was sauced, rather, how it was cooked and the overall quality of the fish to start.) Service was attentive but a bit rushed.

• Visited April 2014