“Used to like it but it's really gone downhill”

Redbone's Bar & Grill
Ranked #304 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stopped in tonight for a quick dinner as I wanted some fresh shrimp and didn't want to drive too far. Usually, it is just okay -- and the shrimp was okay, but I ordered a glass of wine and it could not have been more than about 2 1/2 ounces. The glasses they serve it in are tiny to begin with (and pretty awful - plastic, cloudy, do not look clean) and then to bring half a glass of that! Probably lost some customers tonight.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The "Home of the Red A__ Monkey" and Frankenstein is a throwback to times gone by.

Loved my half rack and exploring the atmosphere in the backyard.

Jamie took care of us the bartender and offered up a few recipes!

Lots of older regulars and Sundays the music plays.

Do NOT come here unless you like to have fun and are tired if the chains.

1  Thank Froomcat
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We love going to Redbones on Sunday afternoon for the atmosphere and the Black Velvet duet. BUT yesterday we arrived around 2:00 and had to wipe down our own chairs and tables. Filthy. Discovered that our favorite waitress, Tyla was let go which is a HUGE loss to Redbones. There was only 1 waitress working Both bars and the band had to help with the drawings. Orange Harbor Mobile Home Park had about 20 people there and hardly ever saw the that exhausted waitress. The owner should start paying attention to his customers, clean the place up and hire more help at least on Sundays.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I ordered a Bloody Mary (non alcoholic because I'm 30 weeks pregnant) and was given a drink that I could taste vodka in. After asking the waitress she said there is vodka in the mix but not an extra shot. That was something they should have told me before serving the drink. Not a huge deal but we didn't even get a "sorry". I ordered an iced tea next but that was the weirdest iced tea I have ever tasted (had several other family members try it so it wasn't just me). The food itself was excellent and the staff besides the Bloody Mary incident was great. The biggest complaint is that there was a man videotaping my young children dancing, on his phone from the bar. This was brought to my attention after the fact and made me extremely uncomfortable. I know it could have been nothing but the fact that he never acknowledged us or talked to us but felt it was ok to tape my children is disturbing. To my knowledge he didn't work at red bones but none of the employees stopped or questioned him. Obviously this isn't Red Bones' fault but it creeped me out enough to not want to return which is a shame because the food really is good.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We " discovered" this local place back in Mar., just getting around to writing a review after returning again and again, good food, cheap beer, and who cares if you have to wait, the music was great, and the general atmosphere is just Fun! Yes, the neighborhood is a little run down but felt very safe!

1  Thank Sue L