“Annual Favorite”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
midwest usa
“Annual Favorite”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stonewood is a must for us each year. We enjoy the Happy Hour which lasts until 7 and also the limited selection of bottles of wine at HHour prices. On each visit I look forward to the lamb chops but this year chose Mahi topped with Crab and that may be my new favorite. We had the calamari appetizer served with a few crusted jalapenos and even our guest who does not like calamari agreed it was delicious. Atmosphere is casual but sophisticated and it's quiet enough to have a conversation without having to raise your voice. The place is always busy but they do take reservations and honor them rather than making you wait.

• Visited March 2014

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Arrived 15 minutes before closing”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

And was put off, at first, by the attitude of my server and the rush to get my order in. Once that annoyance was past though, I had one of the best hamburgers I've ever had outside of my own kitchen, and found my server very attentive and informative-- she was worried that the kitchen had overcooked my rare order (I was OK with it, but appreciated her noticing and wanting to fix it), and told me about the cut of hamburger used (chuck, 85/15,I think- maybe 80/20), which was part and parcel of why it was so good. I look forward to going back some night when I can enjoy all this restaurant has to offer at a more leisurely pace.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“A tough grader still rewards an excellent”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

It is a chain but you would not know it. Caring server, well prepared lamb chops and cedar plank salmon, reasonable bar, and pleasant atmosphere. So many dining establishments are noisy venues. Not Stonewood Grill. Lower lighting and a relatively quiet surrounding. Fish and seafood is as good as any seafood restaurant. My martini was superb as was the lamb chops that followed. Early birds get half price appetizers that can serve as a meal. Have never been disappointed as a local customer.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“So so”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We have been a fan of Stonewood since it came to Ft Myers. However on the last few visits it has been up and down. One visit awhile back surprised us when the menu was ale carte with up selling but the presentation was beautiful. Went last night with 4 friends - now 2 sides come with the meal but presentation was non existent and service was slow. We were there early so it was not busy yet it took forever for the server to get back to our table and probably 30 minutes for our meal. We had ran out of bread and only chance we had to ask for more is when our steaks came. I had the small fillet which was a little rare for medium - but my friend ordered the small sirloin and they looked exactly alike - but def a difference in price. The taste was good - but for my meal and one glass of wine totally $35 I expect better presentation and service.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Good Friends Good Food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We met our friends from Naples here and had. Great experience.
Their Happy hour lasts til 7 PM so we had Good glass of Cabernet for $6. We had the planked salmon which was delicious. Also the wasabi crusted sea bass was outstanding as well as the grilled grouper. The vegetables were top notch.
Our whole group had a very positive experience.
Service was also excellent