“The food is great here!”
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern - CLOSED

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I found this place listed on TripAdvisor and it had great reviews. My husband and I went there for dinner one night. The place has a great atmosphere! When we walked in we did not have a reservation. The only bad things were the young girls working at the front desk. They were a little snotty and rude. We were early and the place was empty, only a few people were seated at tables. One made an issue about no reservation, so they motioned and told us we could eat in the bar. It had the same menu. There was a young man that immediately came up to us and told us he would take us to the bar and we would enjoy our time there. We sat in a comfortable booth, and we had a great waiter, I think his name was Christian. These two young gentlemen made up for the rudeness of the young ladies at the front. Our server went above and beyond with service, which he seemed to do with the other people that came in and had no reservation and was sent to the bar. The food was glorious! I would go to this place again and again! It was that good! Of course, next time I will make a reservation!

1  Thank fifiMA

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just dropped in without any prior knowledge of the place. Excellent food, professional service and a good price. Selections where good and served nicely, not fancy but worth it.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Very enjoyable time. The waiter treated us great and the food was also very good. we will be back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stonewood is a must for us each year. We enjoy the Happy Hour which lasts until 7 and also the limited selection of bottles of wine at HHour prices. On each visit I look forward to the lamb chops but this year chose Mahi topped with Crab and that may be my new favorite. We had the calamari appetizer served with a few crusted jalapenos and even our guest who does not like calamari agreed it was delicious. Atmosphere is casual but sophisticated and it's quiet enough to have a conversation without having to raise your voice. The place is always busy but they do take reservations and honor them rather than making you wait.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

And was put off, at first, by the attitude of my server and the rush to get my order in. Once that annoyance was past though, I had one of the best hamburgers I've ever had outside of my own kitchen, and found my server very attentive and informative-- she was worried that the kitchen had overcooked my rare order (I was OK with it, but appreciated her noticing and wanting to fix it), and told me about the cut of hamburger used (chuck, 85/15,I think- maybe 80/20), which was part and parcel of why it was so good. I look forward to going back some night when I can enjoy all this restaurant has to offer at a more leisurely pace.