“Excellent evening, superb food, personal chef!”
Review of Sasse's

Sasse's
Ranked #62 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Sasse’s is a casual cozy restaurant that features authentic Northern-Italian and European food, prepared to perfection in our wood burning oven.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We arrived at 7PM with friends who have never dined at Sasse. When we arrived we were greeted with a very friendly greeting. Although Chef Zimmerman was so busy in his immaculate open kitchen, he also found the time to greet us.

We were seated and served immediately by an excellent and knowledgeable server. We ordered a bottle of red and white wine from an extensive wine list, with wines ranging from the twenties up to much more expensive wines.

Three at our table orded fresh Waleye, the fish of the day, which was fresh and delicious. My filet mignon was done to perfection. Our friends were thrilled and will definitely return.

Chef Zimmerman expertise and warm personality will make me continually recommend this hidden jewel.

1  Thank gdberry
ChefJZ, Owner at Sasse's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful dinner! I had the fish, my husband had the lamb, and our friends had the beef and pork. The attention to detail was amazing. Beautiful presentation and attentive service. Don't let the location fool you. It's a hidden jewel!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

For those of us who reside in the Fort Myers Area, and indeed Naples Estero Bonita etc. We are truly blessed with a fair number of great restaurants. Sasse's being one of them. The Chef, is I believe Austrian, and like many things Austrian, he is an exemplar of what is a true food service professional. Attentive to needs, a creative menu and an excellent chef with a repertoire that is extensive in depth and breadth of those items he prepares for his patrons.

My review today, is late in coming as it's been 6 months since I was there - however, we are going back tonite. The key factor in my eating habits when I dine out (as opposed to filling my face b/c I am hungry and on the go) is exactly that point....I go back - why? because it's worth it. I expect nothing less than the great service I received before and an excellent meal that is worth the money spent. Well done. Looking forward to this evening.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Once again we have had a fabulous meal at Sasse's Restaurant in Fort Myers. We had lamb, veal liver, Walleye pike, and wonderful appetizers of mussels and escargot. DELICIOUS!! Come and enjoy this great restaurant!

1  Thank kathw777
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had dinner at Sasse's few weeks ago party of three. WOW. Amazing food and service. From start to finish the food was excellent. The mussels and escargot appetizer one of the best we have had, wine was very good also, dinner and dessert delicious. The Waitress and Cheff were very friendly. Now that I have said that, I see some reviews mention prices a bit high. No not really you are paying for good food, service and very nice clean cozy place. Second, Limited menu. Limited menu is good; the best restaurants have a limited menu. Will be back for sure. Thanks guys for a great evening.

2  Thank Arturo C