“A real surprise”

Ranked #319 of 855 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Fort Myers, Florida
“A real surprise”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I went based on the recs here on TA and found it to be a nice surprise. They manage to cook meals that seem like your grandma made it. Real home cooking.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jim r

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“A very welcome surprise”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I travel across the state a few times a month and used to dred having to find food near 75 and Route 80. Today, hunger got the better of me I decided to drive until I saw something. In all honesty, the new VW bus mural caught my attention. Walking in felt like going back in time, in a good way. It looks exactly like the old diners that I have only seen in pictures before. There are license plates and model cars all over the walls. There is a glass wall where you can look into the kitchen. I was joyfully greeted by " Lima" who was singing along to whatever song was on the radio. I was amazed that she knew every person that walked in after me and knew exactly what they drink. I had the special today; cup of gumbo, 3 bean salad and Italian sausage with red sauce over pasta. I LOVED the Gumbo. Lima warned me that there was okra in it, she said some people don't like that but man was it good. The meal itself was very satisfying, nothing overly sauced and you could see fresh garlic in it. I scarfed it down and think I shocked Lima. I will be back and intend to work my way through the menu. Keep it up Lima, you are a great asset to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Real Home Cooking!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I eat lunch out every day and it is hard to find a restaurant that has home cooked food, and at a fair price. They also have a great Country Breakfast! I have never had a cranky waitress either.
I recommend giving them a try.

Gil D.

• Visited February 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Work close by, great place for lunch! Home-made soups, very "Mom & Pop" style place! I think they have been there forever, closed on Monday's. Great prices, nothing fancy. Just a good place for a sit-down soup & sandwich.

• Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth getting off the highway.”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Good food, friendly service, kitchy atmosphere, reasonable prices. We enjoyed our lunch very much.
Note: they are open for breakfast and lunch only. I believe they close around 1:30 pm.