“Great place to have a cocktail and watch the sunset”
Review of Pinchers

Pinchers
Ranked #29 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Fort Myers Florida
“Great place to have a cocktail and watch the sunset”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have had a girls night out here and my husband and I have visited this Pinchers Crab Shack a couple of times to sit and have a beverage at the bar and watch the sunset. The last time we were there we texted our friends to come join us and revel in the beauty of the river and sunset. And they did. It's a really nice atmosphere and you can't go wrong with 2 for 1 cocktails! The service is fast and friendly and the beers are cold.

Ft Myers, FL
“Poor service for a group Function”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Marina at Edison Ford is the newest of several Pincher's Crab Shack restaurants in the Fort Myers area. The typical Pincher's layout is: the first thing you see is a fish market cold case and they always have waterside seating in a waterfront environment. These are typically very very casual and fun places to have beer and seafood. Personally I think there are better choices for this type of environment such as Doc Fords or Nervous Nellie's on Fort Myers Beach. In the Marina at Edison Ford, Pincher's seems to be trying to upscale their restaurant chain. The building is the past home of the venerable Royal Palm Yacht Club. It is located in downtown Fort Myers on the Caloosahatchie adjacent to the Edison-Ford Estate--a fantastic location. A few years before Pincher's purchased the property, the Royal Palm had totally redone the building to be probably the most elegant waterfront bar and restaurant in the Fort Myers area. Pincher's seriously downgraded it to the Pincher's motif,.fish case and all. The subject of this review is a large group function I attended at "The Marina" that included a buffet served by the restaurant staff and cooks. This was an expensive buffet, but not an elegant buffet. It included two meat entrees, small pieces of oven roasted chicken and pulled pork. For the $25.00 price neither beverages or dessert were included. When going through the food line I took two of the small pieces of chicken. The ever present Pincher's Manager told me I could only have one piece of chicken and should there be any leftover after everyone had been through the line I could have another. I told the manager that I didn't care for the pork and thought two pieces of chicken a reasonable alternative--no way. Needles to say I was somewhat upset. At this tme the upstairs restaurant is OK, I would take my organization or social club business elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Great views, inattentive service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So-so service seems to be a trend these days. The nice thing about Pinchers, in addition to the spectacular views and the carved wood decor was that you could enter from the Ford-Edison estate while you are touring, turn in your audio headset, dine, and pickup your audio while returning thru the private gate to the estate. Personnel are on duty to assist you. The food was good but the service was slow and inattentive. I used to wait tables. If people don't want these jobs these days then please find another.

Lansing, Michigan
“Good Food and Fantastic View”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped in for lunch after viewing the Edison and Ford Estates, We opted to sit outside and the view was specular. The food was good, the service was great and we enjoyed watching the boats cruising on the Caloosahatchee. This is certainly an establishment we will return to.

Estero, Florida
“Exceptional Water Location, Service & Food ...”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant at lunch today - exceeded our expectations ... based on our experience we will be back and can recommend it.

We have dined at a couple other Pinchers in Fort Myers and have, with one exception, consistently found the fresh seafood to be pretty good. Some friends highly recommend we check out this new Pinchers @ the Marina close to the Edison/Ford Estate.

You have the choice of dining inside or outside (which we chose) -- we found a table with a very nice water view, had a pleasant and efficient waitress and the food was delicious with pricing similar to the prior 'fresh seafood' Pincher experiences at their other area restaurants (Enjoyed their special clam/corn chowder w/ grouper entrée). We are looking forward to another return visit.