“A lovely South Florida preserve”

Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
Book In Advance
More Info
US$158.99*
and up
Small-Group Tour: Everglades Adventure Day Trip from Greater Fort Myers/Naples...
Ranked #2 of 122 things to do in Fort Myers
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good access and parking. Nice interpretative signage in a typical cypress slough with magnificent trees, many birds, and lovely vistas.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Peaceful walk in nature so close to town! Shaded a bit so it's always a bit cooler too. We have seen gators, wild pigs, squirrels, tons of birds, fish, turtles and snakes. Stroller friendly boardwalk. Kids love it.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

If you enjoy a little nature walk with some interpretive spots along the way, this is a great place to visit. It's free except for parking and donation. You will see wildlife of some sort. It's great to see the diversity in the animals and plants and how they support the local ecosystem. Bring a picnic lunch.

1  Thank danal01
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

I have to admit when my wife suggested going here I wanted nothing to do with it. I'm adventurous and really wanted to take the kids on an airboat tour, but I reluctantly was persuaded to check this place out. Who can argue with the $1.00 price tag right??

We went and walked the one plus mile boardwalk trail and it was a nice relaxing change to always being on the go. We saw three alligators, a couple of snakes, many turtles, birds, fish, lizards, etc. After getting there I think I enjoyed it more than she did. The kids enjoyed it as well, but my 7 year old son was a little bored by the end. It really only takes about an hour or so to walk through, but you could stay hours if you wanted. It did get a little warm so I would go earlier in the morning if you're going to visit during the summer months. I would think the animals would be more active too. Overall a really nice place and you can't beat the price!

6  Thank mwing01
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was only $1.00 to park. We saw more here than the $100.00 we spent on the airboat ride. It is a wood walking trail with lots of cypress trees and ferns. We saw alligators in the large pond. We also saw wild baby pigs and a small alligator watching them. There were plenty of birds, turtles and even snake skins! Plenty of wildlife! A must do, skip the airboat ride!

4  Thank balletgirl12