“Elegant Piano Bar with Excellent Escargot”
Review of Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta - CLOSED

Bratta's Seafood Steaks & Pasta
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for Fresh made to order foods
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went here early enough to catch the $10 "early" value- oriented menu, and it is truly excellent meals for $10 each. I had the Mango Salsa white fish with orzo, 2 glasses of wine, and my beau and I split an appetizer of escargot which was the highlight of the meal for me. A gentleman was singing smooth covers of Al Green, Marvin Gay and the like. He was very talented, and the live singing gave the place a nice ambiance, along with the decor. After we ate, we stayed around for coffee because we didn't want to leave just yet. In the past we had not wanted to come here because late at night the music was so loud in the parking lot that you couldn't carry on a conversation, but this evening it was not an issue.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My experiences with Nicole at Bratta's have been very positive. She is attentive, polite, knowledgeable, and professional. I recently had dinner with my daughter and Nicole made it a delightful evening.
Dave A

Reviewed 31 May 2014

It is really hard to find a "romantic" restaurant these days and this place was perfect. The cushioned half circle booth with the live music. The food was fabulous and I just wished we lived closer to go on a regular basis!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have eaten at Brattas several times in the past year & every experience has been great. We recently (5/9/14) invited our daughter & another couple who had never eaten at to join us. We enjoyed 2 rounds of beer & wine at the bar before our meal. The draft beer selection was outstanding as there were at least 2 craft beers available, unlike many other casual restaurants. The bar service was prompt & friendly.

All five meals were tasty & high quality. I enjoyed Seafood Fra Diablo - spicy & delicious. Two guests enjoyed Scallops Alforno, one enjoyed salmon & another the Citrus Mahi. Every diner raved about their entree before we shared cheese cake & key lime pie for dessert. Again, outstanding service, this time provided by Nicole.

Two weeks later (5/19) wife & I returned for an encore. There was a dual incentive - I wanted to savor the Seafood Diablo once again & Brattas was offering a BOGO - two entrees for the price of one. How could we resist? My wife enjoyed the moist & tasty chicken parm & she loved it. Not surprisingly, once again my Diablo was superb. Outstanding service was provided by Edward. Only minor glitch was that Edward forgot to adjust our check for the BOGO - but that's OK, it will give us an incentive to return this & I'm sure Michael will take care of us.

And, once again we enjoyed craft beer on draft - maybe other restaurants will figure this out. Like many other diners we normally avoid those restaurants serving the old, tired Bud, Millers & Coors. Kudos to Brattas for a good rotation of brews.

For those folks who have complained about the service - we don't understand. Never ever had anything but fast, cordial & accommodating service at the bar & in the dining room. The servers are genuine, likable folks who are friendly & unpretentious.

Al

2  Thank Al S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I must say that every time I have been to Bratta's in the past few months, I have had a great experience starting with the host who welcomed us to the old bar manager (who I guess is no longer there) and to the excellent food and happy hour. The last time I was in on Cinco de Mayo with a bunch of friends to grab a drink, we walked up to the bar area to find a seat and I heard a fairly loud comment from one of the older ladies bartending asking if we were even old enough to be in there! In front of all the bar guests! Our group's age ranged from 22-28 so yes, we were of age to be there but why she had to make that statement in front of everyone and make me feel uncomfortable is beyond me. I mean I know they don't have too many 20 something year olds frequent there much but that's no excuse. I bartend at a country club here locally and I would never make a comment like that to everyone if a younger person came in because a customer is a customer, despite the age.

Anyways, despite her rude comment we decided to stay and sit in a section with Nicole J who was able to turn our experience around completely. She was so friendly and sweet to us that it made it worth while for us to stay and hang out a little longer. If it weren't for her and the friendliness of the host that night as well, I probably would never go back again which is sad because I have always enjoyed this restaurant. I just think the staff should be careful what they say when they are "on stage" because you don't want to make your patrons feel uncomfortable.
And thank you again to Nicole J for your great service! =)