“Great for Airport Overnight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport

SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
South Portland, Maine
“Great for Airport Overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed overnight before an early flight out of RSW and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this Marriott property. The rooms were very large and well maintained as was the entire property. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Although breakfast technically did not start until 6 am, there were bagels and coffee set out at 5 which was appreciated as I was on the 5 am airport shuttle. The only concern I have is that the first airport shuttle was at 5 am which was too tight for the 6 am flight after the holidays. It was a close call to get through security and on my flight. The manager emailed me about my stay and I have suggested that a 4:30 shuttle during peak season/holiday would be helpful (the airport is 10-15 minutes from the hotel).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rhonda A
Margarita L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feed back. I will look in to starting the shuttle earlier around the holiday season.

Please come and see us again soon here at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Fort Myers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Best nigh sleep I have had in a hotel in a long time...
Comfy bed, I think it was a foam mattress.
Room was very clean!! Breakfast was tasty.. Price was excellent got a good deal on Hotels Tonight!!!
Excellent Service from Jonathan @ front Desk.
This hotel was awesome....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lee C
What an Amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your great experience at the Sprinhill Suites Fort Myers. I will share your comments with the staff. Hope to see you soon!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

One of the issues I've had with the older/gen 1 SpringHill Suites is that they have become worn. The new hotels are much nicer, better quality and better beds.

However, this SHS was Excellent. I was greater with a great smile and welcome from the staff. The room was very clean, the beds were great. Even better was that the shower water pressure was great and the water was not hard. That's a big deal in Florida hotels not having hard water. The SHS I stayed in by Tampa airport the night before had really hard water.

In the morning when I was looking for paper, a manger offered to find me one after they were all taken.

Excellent property and great staff, will def stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SalMTravels
Jennifer R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Nice to hear your good comments about the hotel. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Average hotel, price was a bit too much for what I saw, but overall it was clean and worked for an overnight trip. Staff was polite and breakfast was good. It is located just off the interstate and just a quick trip away from the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Firecracker070410
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you for your quick over night trip to Fort Myers.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer
East Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay after flying into the Fort Myers Airport. The hotel was close to the airport without being too close. There seemed to be restaurants nearby. The hotel was clean and quiet. The room was spacious with a nice separate sitting area. Breakfast the next morning was adequate. The pool looked nice although we didn't swim.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EastCoastRoadWarrior
Jennifer R, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for the great comments about our property. Our staff is always willing and eager to help our guests get the most out of every stay with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the amentities we provided for you. Take care and hope to see you again in the future.
St Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice typical Springhill property with the nicest staff! All the Front desk, (Kesha especially),housekeeping, breakfast staff and shuttle drivers. I even had a conversation with the swimming pool guy who checked the pool and spa levels! He recommended Stevie Tomatoes restaurant , which we tried and we were not disappointed. I noticed that everyone greeted you when they saw you anywhere on the property! We like that friendliness. Room was clean, comfie and of
course the bed was wonderful. The only issue we had was that the WiFi was unreliable. Location is excellent; close to the airport as well as to the baseball stadiums we needed to get to (Hammond and Jet Blue) We will definite stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ficed63
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly upon approach. I will pass along the kind comments to them all, Kisha in particular. The gentleman you had the conversation with, was most likely our maintenance guy and will certainly pass on the nice comments about him as well, nice to hear you enjoyed your meal at Stevie Tomatoes. Sorry to hear you had issues with the WIFI connection and we will certainly look into why and get the problem recitified as soon as possible. Hope to see you again in the future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Okay, I don't know if I was just really tired, but I slept so well I almost panicked when I woke up thinking I had slept through my alarm! I know Marriott always talks about their beds, but I stay in a lot of Marriotts - this one was really comfortable.
Beside the bed, the room was nice, typical for SpringHill. A nice couch and area with a table to work. Plenty of room, everything was clean. The shower was ok - not the most water pressure, but enough (I know, save water, but I still like showers that are hard enough they rinse my hair out).
The front desk staff was super friendly. The person at check in (wish I had looked at her name - it was 5 pm time if that helps anyone) was in a really good mood. There was a small mistake on my bill and the person when I checked out fixed it fast and with a smile.
The only negative I could find was that housekeeping kept coming by to check if I was gone. I guess I could have put out the do not disturb sign, but usually when you are checking out that day, they don't come by until you leave. Just odd, but not really a problem.
I would stay here again - very convenient off the interstate also.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa H
It's good to hear you received such a great night of sleep. We do pride ourselves on the mattresses as they are extremely comfortable. Our staff does a wonderful job with keeping the hotel clean, the breakfast neat and well stocked and they take pride in greeting every guest with a smile and warm welcome. I apologize the housekeeping staff was so eager to clean your room and will certaintly speak with the housekeeping manager to make sure they are respecting your check out time. Were happy you chose to stay with us and look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future.