“Really worth to come to this place:)”

Reuben's Smokehouse
Ranked #15 of 849 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating
Description: If you're looking for good old-fashioned homecooking served with a big smile Reuben's Smokehouse is the place you want to be!! We smoke our own ribs, brisket, yardbird (chicken for you city folds) and pork and for those looking for country cooking we serve up the best Pot Roast, Chicen & Dumplings and fabulous Meat Loaf with Bacon & Sassy Sauce you've ever had. Of course, along with every meal we serve our famous homemade yeast rolls & homemade strawberry & peach jam!! But it doesn't stop there...our to die for Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding, Gooey Fudgy Chocolaty Cake & Luscious Lemon Bars...all made from scratch are the grand finale!! Did we mention that everything is homemade & served with the friendliest customer service you've ever had at no extra charge. We will love to greet you at the door from the kitchen when you get there along with the rest of the team...see you Soon! Right next to Dunkin Diamonds on 41...
Heidelberg, Germany
“Really worth to come to this place:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

After 25 minutes drive from fort meyers beach we found this place. From the outside not spectacular but if you once have opened the door you will be happy. This is a family owned business and they really know how to cook. :)
The rack of smoked ribs was outstanding. Homemade sauces were all excellent!!!!!!
The smoked Duck was also excellent. The service was so friendly and really extraordinary. All in all. We will come back. :))))))
Have fun in this really nice restaurant we can suggest it :)

2 Thank guidemichelin_1
LoveGoodFoodFinds, Owner at Reuben's Smokehouse, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you guidemichelin_1 for such a warm and wonderful review!! I remember your delightful family well. We are so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and appreciate you taking the time to write about our food and service. I hope you will come back and see us again the next time you are in the Fort Myers area. Your comments make our efforts all worth while!!! Thanks again. Safe travels.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Left me wanting more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Read the reviews and thought #1 I got to try this place. Called up a friend and out to dinner we went. Got the Pulled Pork platter along with the Brisket platter and a rack of Ribs. Pork was a little dry and the portion size was poor. Brisket was flavorful and tender however once again the amount on the plate was very small. Now on to the Ribs I asked if they had Baby backs or St Louis cut and the girl said no we have "Back Ribs" so out they came a very large order and appearance was good took a bite and had to tug to get it to pull apart. All the ribs were tough and fatty and the back membrane of the rib was still on. Sorry to say I will not be back.

2 Thank CryoGuy
Hi CryoGuy! Thanks for taking the time to write your review and let us know how you feel. I am soooo sorry that you were disappointed. As you can see from our other reviews, we strive very hard to make sure that our customers leave happy and want to return. Our ribs are not the prepackaged cryovac ribs in sauce that fall off the bone that some restaurants offer. I apologize if you thought you were getting those. We do remove the membrane by hand from every rack, rub them with our homemade rubs and smoke them in our smoker at the restaurant. We do not sauce them but offer our own sauces on the tables. I wish that you would have told us you were unhappy. Our policy is to quickly replace anything you order that you don't like without question and replace it with something else. No questions asked. If you ever want to try us again, we will happily make it up to you so that you will share the same positive experience as our other reviewers. Thanks again for your valuable review.
Concord, North Carolina
“Best "que"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Found this place on Trip Advisor. They started out as a cater only business and their customers kept asking about their restaurant so they started up one in Dec 2013. The restaurant is down home, owner and family work there and were all very friendly and worked hard to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. Without question the best que around. Food was excellent. Prices were reasonable. I will go back anytime I visit here.

1 Thank Richard K
Thanks Richard!! We appreciate the great review and look forward to having you back with us. So happy you enjoyed our place. We love our customers and it's always a treat for us to hear great things from you. Please come back soon!!
BOYNTON BEACH FL.
“What A Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Found this restaurant on another site and decided to have lunch there with my granddaughters. From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel so at home. The aroma of the food was just so delicious we were drooling. Our waitress took drink orders and bought us not only our drinks but full pitchers to have refills.
The kids had chicken and dumplings with mac and cheese side. They were thrilled by this new dish. It was just so creamy and flavorful. I ordered the rib brisket combo. The ribs were rubbed with a great combo of flavors and had just the right amount of smoke. The brisket was very tender and juicy. Their rolls should be put on a pedestal. They are just sinfully good.
Did not have room for dessert to our chagrin.
Before we left with our leftovers, the owner allowed the girls to sign their walls with comments. They were thrilled. We are already trying to figure out when we can make the trip across Florida again to have lunch there with the whole family

• Visited August 2014
Hi BoyntonChic....I remember you and your girls well! You were having a fun day heading to the theatre. I really appreciate you coming in & taking the time to write this review. I'm so happy you loved the food. The girls were so fun...and loved writing on our hall of fame. Adorable. Hope you loved the show and will come back again soon!!!
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very, very homey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I were looking for a "new" place to go for our anniversary. I went to Trip Advisor and saw Reuben's was #1 so we thought we would try it. Every employee/owner was so friendly and welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. My husband and I love to give our business to small business owners. This is a family run restaurant!!! The food was very, very good. I had the brisket plate with mac and cheese and green beans. Absolutely Yummy!!!! My husband had the brisket burger and it was very tasty, just cooked a little too much for him. We will return again and again!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
Thanks nlb for choosing us to celebrate your anniversary. I remember you both very well. I'm so happy that we didn't disappoint! We appreciate your comments and the time you took to write such a nice review. We have taken your comment to heart and now offer our burgers cooked to medium...which we have to state on the menu & will from now on. You are both great and I wish you many more years of happiness!