“You really can't ask for more in a hotel.”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Just left from a short 2 night stay, one of the best stays at a hotel we have had. From the help getting us from the airport, check-in, friendliness, beautiful spotless hotel from top to bottom. Nice amenities, complimentary coffee, work out facility. We are relocating to the area, and won't hesitate to stay there during the process of moving.
Great place, can't say enough good things about the hotel and ALL the staff....refreshing!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard By Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers, FL. We greatly appreciate your business and awesome comments. We look forward to having you stay with us during your transition to SWFL. Good luck with the move and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Accessing the Courtyard wireless network is easy but this property offers the most abysmal user experience I have ever experienced. I was never able to access my corporate VPN, a simple Google search took 3-7 minutes and ultimately I went to a wireless store and bought a Mifi device. For a business traveler needing reliable high speed internet access, this hotel is a nightmare!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

We greatly appreciate you staying with us and want to deeply apologize for the inconvenience. In the next two weeks we will be changing to fiber in our entire hotel which will allow us to increase our speeds to over 30 times faster than our current speeds and will eliminate slow speeds during busy usage times. The next time you travel to Ft Myers I would greatly appreciate you giving us another try. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed here three times over the last year for short family visits. The hotel is just fine, and the staff are all very nice. The rooms are pretty standard Marriott (i.e., bland) but just fine for my purposes. The only issue I have is the functionality of the Internet. While the wireless networks do show up on my browser and I was able to connect to gmail, the signal immediately drops out. I have not been able to use their wireless on any of my visits in the room. I did not check the lobby area, but I do not want to work in the lobby. So, if you need/rely on an Internet signal, do not stay here. After three tries, I will find another hotel for my Ft. Myers visits this year.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

I want to first thank you for continuing to choose the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers, FL. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. I want to sincerely apologize if you have had issues with the signal or getting dropped off when using wireless. In July we will be upgrading our internet quite extensively and hope you will give us another try the next time you visit Ft Myers. We greatly appreciate you feedback and If you have issues in the future please continue to bring it to the front desk's attention so we may correct them or make an adjustment to the access points to improve those rooms. Again, thanks for the feedback and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

In town for a quick business trip and stayed only one night; which is probably a good thing since they are located in the parking lot of the Gulf Coast Town Center Mall. Also located on the perimeter is an LA Fitness, Connors Steak and Seafood (which Marriott recommended), a brand new (days old) Olive Garden; as well as, PF Changs, Carrabbas, Millers Ale House among lots of other choices for lunch and dinner in the mall. This Marriott is a perfect location for business (or pleasure) travel with the rooms being very spacious (really more room than I needed for an overnight stay traveling alone). There are also plenty of charging stations to accommodate two phones, a computer, Ipad, etc. I love finding a great hotel for repeat visits when traveling and this will be my new "go to" hotel when doing business in Ft Myers (I will also recommend it to my colleagues). Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

The entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott at Gulf Coast Town Center in Ft Myers, FL is excited that you had a wonderful stay and that this will be you new "go to" place for you and hopefully your co-workers as well. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you come back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed in the hotel a number of times when on a business trip to Fort Myers and I have never been disapointed in the service: the check in and check out are very quick and reception personnel are always welcoming. The rooms do look a bit old fashioned but everything is functioning well and there is a lot of space. Swimming pool is great after a hard day at work. Gym is tiny but it does not look like people use it much anyway so there are always machines available. Breakfast is rather limited if you compare it to other hotels, but i never had problems finding things i liked. Breakfast lady has been there for ages and she is always nice, friendly and kind. The only thing i would mention is lack of body lotion in the toiletries provided by the hotel, so do brinf your own.
All in all it is a good hotel to stay in Fort Myers and i definitely will be back

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank elenkahu
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate your comments and we look forward to you continually staying with us.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Checked in for 2 nights and I must say the rooms ARE VERY VERY NICE, Nice adjoining lounge and bedrooms complete with monster fridge, washing up sink, comp popcorn, coffee etc. Very well appointed room. The breakfast area is bright and colourful, however, the breakfast was a bit weak. Once again, the hotel was full of old folk which makes one feel young LOL

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DougieDublinIreland
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a reponse. All feedback is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a week at this hotel while we were in Fort Myers for the Red Sox spring training. It is a great location for the new JetBlue Park and the location at the Gulf Coast Town Center offers a wide choice of restaurants. The rooms and common areas were very clean. We only had breakfast once in the hotel. The omelets were excellent, but the restaurant seemed to be short staffed. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel. Myself and the staff look forward to you returning the next time you travel to Ft Myers.