“One of the better Courtyards I've stayed in”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 6 August 2008

Brand new and well designed. I'm pretty loyal to Marriott, so I've stayed at several Courtyards for business, and this is one of the better one. One of the larger King rooms I've stayed in. Very clean. Great location near the Gulf Coast Town Center, a large outdoor mall. The pool looked nice, though I didnt use it.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank travelin'soldier

Reviewed 28 June 2008

I was visiting family in Fort Myers - and this new hotel, close to my sisters home was a great location for me. It is located on the property of the Gulf Coast town Center so there are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel.

The rooms were very nice and clean - the bed was also very comfortable. The rooms have a large size LCD tv, which is mounted on a swivel base.

The lobby area is very nicely decorated and spacious - with a bar and tv on the one side of the lobby - very nice for business travelers who want to have a drink and socialize after work hours.

There is also a busienss center with two pc's and printers in the lobby area. The free wi-fi worked well and had good speed to it.

The outdoor pool was also very nice - a kidney bean shaped pool which was good sized and there was also an out-door hot tub.

the one thing I did not care for - and was sort of surprised by was that there is no free breakfast. Most hotels now offer free breakfast for some of the basic things like toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. and they only charge you for other items such as omlets made to order. I sat down one morning and had two of those small boxes of cereal with a small carton of milk and was presented with a check for $3.25 - after paying $139 a night for my room rate you'd think they could include a complimentary breakfast.

Overall though, the hotel is very nice and like new and worth staying at -

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank mike-mpls
Reviewed 11 April 2008

What a wonderful stay we had!!! There had been only one minor flaw, one we chose not to complain about. I'll give the plus factors first. Clean, absolutely clean! Agree with another poster about there not being an exhaust fan in the bathroom...but that wasn't a biggie. Our room faced the pool with a gorgeous view of Outdoor World at night. There is also a jacuzzi and outside shower. This was something new to us, but you'll need your room key to open the door to the lobby, to open the pool gate and also the gate to the rear parking lot. Make sure you have your key!! Our beds were wonderful, I requested foam pillows since I have allergies...this wasn't done but as we were unloading our suitcases the wonderful staff were in the midst of changing them. Great attitudes too, such a change from the east coast of Florida ;) Free internet with an ethernet cord provided. Flat screen TV with some cable channels, our granddaughter was thrilled there was Cartoon Network. Fast check in/out...and please do "not" miss the Gulf Coast Town Center. More stores than what the internet site could picture. If you've forgotten anything back home, there is sure to be a store here, especially Super Target to make sure you don't go without. This shopping town is within walking distance for the most, Super Target I would suggest to drive to. There was a Courtesy Shuttle provided but we never asked the details. The one minor problem was as I requested a high floor, we were given the third, the first night we stayed there were kids pounding and jumping and pounding and jumping till a bit past 1am. I think the next time I will be strictly asking for the 4th floor. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We stayed at the new Courtyard by Marriott at the Gulf Coast Center during our recent trip to Ft Myers to watch Spring Training baseball.

The hotel is very new and clean. Our room was on the second floor and had a partial view of the pool/whirlpool area and of the shopping area across the parking lot. The room had two queen beds, a sitting area with a couch, table and extra chair, a desk, free Internet (ethernet cable provided), flat screen HD TV, coffee maker and fridge. The bathroom was large and the water pressure in the shower was nice. My only minor complaints with the room were that the beds were too high, I had trouble getting in and out of the bed (I'm short). It seemed really strange that they were so high. Also, the bathroom didn't have a vent/fan. I hate taking a shower and then having the hotel room be filled with the humidity. Seems like it takes forever just to dry off/get my hair to dry when there is no fan in the bathroom. The moisture just hangs in the room, especially in southern Florida.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. They always greeted us as we walked by the front desk or wherever we saw them in the hotel.

They have an outdoor pool/whirlpool area. We didn't use the pool at all, but the area looked clean and nice. There were plenty of chairs and the pool never looked busy. We saw a few people in the whirlpool in the evenings, but that was it. They also have a workout area with several treadmills, an elliptical machine and a few free weights. The treadmills had flat pannel tv's attatched to them.

The breakfast buffet was okay. The usual, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, etc. They also have the make your own waffle machine and made to order omletts. They do have waiters/waitress that bring you drinks and clear plates. The charge for breakfast was about $10 per person. We only ate there one morning, but it was quick and convenient.

The best thing about this hotel was the location. It is close to the airport and to great shopping and restaurants. It was great to have so many dining options right there. We also stopped at Target our first night and picked up sodas and snacks. The hotel was about 20 minutes away from Hammond Stadium where we had to go to watch the Twins games. It is also close to Ft Myers Beach and Sanibel Island. You can easily take day trips to those places (45 minutes - hour trip). It is nice to be able to visit those places, but not have to deal with the Ft Myers bridge and Sanibel Causeway traffic just to go to dinner or to a game.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2008

My husband and I just stayed 3 nights at the Courtyard Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center and it was wonderful. There was a mix-up in our reservation and the manager, Kara, went out of her way to straighten it out and make sure we were satisfied. The hotel is brand new, clean, and well-managed. The ride to the airport is only about 5 minutes. The hotel is in a huge shopping center where there must be 100 stores including Costco, Target, Marshalls, and a number of restaurants. If you book the Marriott "Stay for Breakfast" rate on the weekends you get the buffet breakfast, which is quite good, included. Other days it is $10. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2008

My husband and I were driving back up from Key West, needing to find a place near Fort Myers airport for our return flight the next morning. I did not plan where we were going for the last night, and ended up driving around in the dark trying to find something - then saw the Courtyard in the distance...............what a find!
We checked in, the hotel was clearly brand new, was beautiful, clean, everyone very nice - and the best part - we didnt have to go back out driving anywhere to get something to eat! We walked across the parking lot - there were several places to eat, drink and even some entertainment in the walkway - kind of like an outdoor mall - in walking distance to the hotel. Now we wished we had a couple more nights - but really enjoyed our final night on vacation and will stay at this Courtyard in the future - next time planning ahead and stay a few more days!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2007

Perhaps I'm the first person to write a review for this hotel, but let me tell you, I had a wonderful experience at this new Courtyard. The staff was outstanding... very helpful... the servers at breakfast were phenomenal! Loved them! Lots of shopping around the hotel... and restaurants, which is nice when traveling from out of town. I, of course, am a HUGE fan of Miller's Ale House, and particularly the zingers, so I was in heaven when I saw that it was right across the parking lot from the hotel. Friendly folks, nice rooms, very clean, great TVs, free Internet, refrigerators in every room, very accommodating, just an overall great stay!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business