We arrived for a one night stay after midnight last Friday night, and the first thing that occurred was that when we arrived at the desk to check in, no one responded to our arrival (even though I could clearly hear someone was typing on keyboard behind a half-wall). When I politely inquired if "anyone was home", he sheepishly stood up and said "I was hiding", as if I would be amused having to summon a staff person to check us in at that hour. We were finally given the keys to our room, which we had reserved a couple weeks ago, and was supposed to be a one-bedrm suite, for my wife and I, and our teen-aged son and daughter. It should have had a queen bed for us, a sleeper sofa for my daugher, and a rollaway for my son. What we found when we opened the door was a double bed and nothing else. The manager at the desk acted like he was unaware that this room would only sleep two people when I returned to the desk, which obviously would not accommodate the four of us standing in front of him (at 12:30 am, mind you). He offered to get a rollaway for us, which would have allowed three of us to sleep, but where was the fourth person to sleep, on the floor? He held out his arms and said "what would you like me to do" when I returned to the desk (for the third time at this point), to which I responded "you need to give us the room we reserved for four people". He said they had none, and that "all the rooms are the same" (as if he expected me to believe that the reservation we had made for a suite had been fiction). I continued to tell him that if they sold our reserved room, in spite of our reserving and guaranteeing a late arrival AND calling earlier that day to confirm this rsvn, then they needed to figure out comparable accommodations, even if it meant at another property. He was unsympathetic to our plight, (which was completely the hotel's responsibility), until I was so fed up that I started to walk back to retrieve our belongings, and he caught up to me and said "here's the best I can do" as he opened the door to an unoccupied room three doors away from the room we first entered. Unbelievable - we spent 20 minutes arguing with this man (while his newly-hired staff person cowered in the background, because she was so embarrassed how he was treating their "guests"), and all the while he's maintaining the hotel was full, he had this unoccupied double room sitting vacant. It's nearly 1am, there's not a soul around who could possibly have rented this other room (as if he was holding out for another paying customer??), and he held out (until we were so fed up were ready to leave the hotel) only to finally open up this other room. They did comp the second room, and took off part of the cost of the first room, but the incident was so surreal that we all were completely taken aback that someone (who I was told the next morning was the general manager) could outright lie to a guest (esp since we had gone to the trouble to make a reservation) at that hour of the day.......again, unbelievable, especially considering that someone in the position of being the GM would risk offending good-paying customers, after flying half the day to Florida, and arriving after midnight ready to sleep quickly. None of us fell asleep until about 2am, after having to approach the desk AGAIN, to secure sheets for the rollaway bed (wouldn't that be standard practice, to supply bedding with a rollaway?). Apparently, this general manager has never been to the school of "how to win friends and influence people", because his attitude during this whole fiasco was of uninspired indifference. It was actually a good thing this didn't happen to another party of people (who weren't as tired and ready for bed as we were) because I could easily imagine someone getting violently upset over less of an inconsiderate act. It would be a stretch to say that we would ever consider staying at a property managed by an incompetent, deceitful manager such as this one, and anyone considering staying here should be aware of the uncaring attitude displayed by the supposed leader of this staff. All in a days work for him, hopefully, this isn't his typical modus operandi, but I rather doubt he turns on a caring attitude other days. Avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll receive top service and competitive rates at the Candlewood Suites of Fort Myers, Florida. Our hotel, conveniently located on I-75, is just seven miles from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW). A variety of attractions are available while lodging in Fort Myers, such as spring training games for the Minnesota Twins or Boston Red Sox, both four miles from our extended stay hotel. Fort Myers Beach and the Sunsplash Family Water Park are both perfect places for cooling down during the summer. The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center hosts performances year-round, and you can catch a movie at the movie theater at the Bell Tower Shops. With Southside Industrial Park just 1.5 miles from our hotel, Fort Myers' business travelers benefit from our ideal location. Other nearby businesses include General Electric, Chico's, Lee County government offices, Lynx Services LLC and Lee Memorial Hospital. Our extended stay hotel in Fort Myers makes business travel easier by offering a meeting room, 24-hour business center and free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Every guest of our pet friendly hotel in Fort Myers is invited to enjoy a free CD or movie rental from our lending library. We take away the worry of travel by providing an on-site Candlewood Cupboard convenience store as well as free laundry services for all guests. Book your stay today at our Ft. Myers hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Ft Myers North i-75 Hotel Fort Myers
- Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75 Fort Myers, Florida