“convenient and "as advertised"”

Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood for 5 days in March as we were down for Sunshine and a Spring training game. Check in was brief and efficient and they honored our request for high floor. The hotel is conveniently located right off the Interstate ( close to the airport and JetBlue park) . It is true that housekeeping only serves once a week, however we were well aware of that as it was clear on the hotel website. They offer towel and linen exchange anytime that it is needed or requested by exchanging out at the front desk. While the laundry facilities did have limited machines ( most hotels don't offer this service at all) the Candlewood provided us laundry detergent and fabric softener for free! Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious and again, " as advertised." Overall this was a great stay, accommodating staff, and we would recommend this hotel to others as well as stay here again on another visit to Ft Myers.

Room Tip: recommend a high floor on the NON- interstate side ( to avoid the road noise) we didn't have an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Islandbound13
Dillon M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi Islandbound,

Thank you for the review! We truly appreciate your kind words and are more than happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We do look forward to serving your accommodation needs for next years spring training games! If there is anything we can do to help you with your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at the hotel via e-mail. Manager@cwfortmyers.com

Dillon Maguire

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75

Reviewed 17 March 2014

hair on my pillow and on my bed on check in. dirty dishes in the cabinet. broken laundry machines, .... the manager is new and trying to correct the problems but stay away for several months. this is not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MSALLEN
Micheline L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2015

Than you taking the time to let us know of the problems you encountered during your stay. We have a brand new team in place as of mid November and they have done a great job getting all of these problems solved.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us so we can show you the difference.

Happy New Year
Micheline Lobdell

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Room is ok...housekeeping is only one a week..but that didn't affect us.

But internet service was TERRIBLE. Unusable bad. Not acceptable in any way shape or form.

I'm having to write this review from my smart phone. No connectivity for iPad past 9:00 pm.

• Stayed: March 2014
Dillon M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet . You are a valued guest and we are committed to your satisfaction. I am excited to inform you that these issues have been resolved and the internet is now working perfectly. I would love the chance to make this right for you. Please contact me at Sales@CWfortmyers.com. Thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

In town for MN Twins spring training. Stayed 3 nights at a very reasonable price. Room was clean and location was great with an easy 15 minute ride to both Hammond Ballpark complex (Twins) and Red Sox facility. Small kitchenette in room so able to save money if one wants to prepare own meals. Only negative was a somewhat spartan front desk that needed some tiding up. If we do spring training again I would stay there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike R

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You are a valued guest and we are glad you enjoyed your stay!! We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future! Please let me know if I can assist you with future reservations Sales@CWFortmyers.com

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We arrived for a one night stay after midnight last Friday night, and the first thing that occurred was that when we arrived at the desk to check in, no one responded to our arrival (even though I could clearly hear someone was typing on keyboard behind a half-wall). When I politely inquired if "anyone was home", he sheepishly stood up and said "I was hiding", as if I would be amused having to summon a staff person to check us in at that hour. We were finally given the keys to our room, which we had reserved a couple weeks ago, and was supposed to be a one-bedrm suite, for my wife and I, and our teen-aged son and daughter. It should have had a queen bed for us, a sleeper sofa for my daugher, and a rollaway for my son. What we found when we opened the door was a double bed and nothing else. The manager at the desk acted like he was unaware that this room would only sleep two people when I returned to the desk, which obviously would not accommodate the four of us standing in front of him (at 12:30 am, mind you). He offered to get a rollaway for us, which would have allowed three of us to sleep, but where was the fourth person to sleep, on the floor? He held out his arms and said "what would you like me to do" when I returned to the desk (for the third time at this point), to which I responded "you need to give us the room we reserved for four people". He said they had none, and that "all the rooms are the same" (as if he expected me to believe that the reservation we had made for a suite had been fiction). I continued to tell him that if they sold our reserved room, in spite of our reserving and guaranteeing a late arrival AND calling earlier that day to confirm this rsvn, then they needed to figure out comparable accommodations, even if it meant at another property. He was unsympathetic to our plight, (which was completely the hotel's responsibility), until I was so fed up that I started to walk back to retrieve our belongings, and he caught up to me and said "here's the best I can do" as he opened the door to an unoccupied room three doors away from the room we first entered. Unbelievable - we spent 20 minutes arguing with this man (while his newly-hired staff person cowered in the background, because she was so embarrassed how he was treating their "guests"), and all the while he's maintaining the hotel was full, he had this unoccupied double room sitting vacant. It's nearly 1am, there's not a soul around who could possibly have rented this other room (as if he was holding out for another paying customer??), and he held out (until we were so fed up were ready to leave the hotel) only to finally open up this other room. They did comp the second room, and took off part of the cost of the first room, but the incident was so surreal that we all were completely taken aback that someone (who I was told the next morning was the general manager) could outright lie to a guest (esp since we had gone to the trouble to make a reservation) at that hour of the day.......again, unbelievable, especially considering that someone in the position of being the GM would risk offending good-paying customers, after flying half the day to Florida, and arriving after midnight ready to sleep quickly. None of us fell asleep until about 2am, after having to approach the desk AGAIN, to secure sheets for the rollaway bed (wouldn't that be standard practice, to supply bedding with a rollaway?). Apparently, this general manager has never been to the school of "how to win friends and influence people", because his attitude during this whole fiasco was of uninspired indifference. It was actually a good thing this didn't happen to another party of people (who weren't as tired and ready for bed as we were) because I could easily imagine someone getting violently upset over less of an inconsiderate act. It would be a stretch to say that we would ever consider staying at a property managed by an incompetent, deceitful manager such as this one, and anyone considering staying here should be aware of the uncaring attitude displayed by the supposed leader of this staff. All in a days work for him, hopefully, this isn't his typical modus operandi, but I rather doubt he turns on a caring attitude other days. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SOOTY22286
ShawnLibertyG, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I'm very sorry to hear you were treated the way you were after a very long trip. That is completely unacceptable and I would like to make the situation right. Please contact the hotel and ask for Dillon Maguire. Dillon is now our General Manager and I know he will make the situation right. this is not the same person you spoke to before. If he cannot please feel free to contact me. We would never want any guest treated this way and we would like an opportunity to make the situation better. We appreciate the comments as they only help us to make our hotel better.

Shawn Stan
Regional Operations Manager
239-872-0743

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After 9 days in Ft. Myers we picked this hotel exclusively for its location near the airport. We had an early morning flight and did not want to drive from Ft. Myers Beach. Although we have stayed at many IHG hotels, this was our first time at a Candlewood Suites. The building was newer construction. Our suite had a kitchenette with dishwasher. The TV was a little small for the room and lower quality (Westinghouse). We had a table with two chairs, but it would have been nice to have a recliner. The hotel had a nice exercise room and a FREE laundry. Unfortunately the laundry was closed during our stay to replace the floor tile. Not sure how that stuff ever wears out. There is no pool or hot tub. Just trying to describe what we saw. We were not disappointed from what we expected when we booked.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Gspileman,

Than you for the time to write a response. We value you all of our guest opinions as they only can make us better. We apologize for the inconvenience of the laundry room being renovated while you were here at our property. If you are ever in the area again we would love for you to come and stay with us, so that you can enjoy all of our amenities, Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to set up new accommodations for you here again at our property . Manager@cwfortmyers.com

Dillon Maguire

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

All in all a nice place. Our first room smelled like fried food but new room was comfortable and nice. Staff was helpful and nice. My favorite part was that it was right by the Twins stadium which is what we were there for. Nice area around the hotel decent amount of places to eat but sort of far from attractions

Stayed: February 2014

Hi Wonderb0y21,

Thank you for your review!! You are a valued guest of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers! Please contact me at Sales@CWFortMyers when you travel back to this area so that I can personally assist you!