“Loved it!”

The Hibiscus House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Fort Myers B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary & we could not have made a better choice!! Pam & David are such a lovely couple, and their hospitality makes you feel right at home! Pam was so sweet to make us an anniversary gift, which we will cherish. The bed/pillows are soooo comfortable & the bathroom/shower/towels are better than some of the 4 star hotels we've stayed in. We loved the separate entrance to our room, with a bistro table right outside to have our morning coffee, as well as the delicious breakfasts prepared by David. The location could not be better. It's within walking distance to the Edison//Ford Estates, the River District, Publix is right across the street...beaches are about 20 minutes away. One of the best parts was meeting a really great couple that we hope to see again. There's no doubt we'd stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamCyn D

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at The Hibiscus B & B this past week. The "Periwinkle" room was our oasis. It was so elegantly decorated with a mixture of modern and old. The room had two queen beds with linens that made you feel enveloped in luxury. The shower was absolutely the nicest we've ever seen. It called us into a long, hot, steamy baths both nights. The towels, hand towels and washcloths were soft and thick.
I mentioned we were celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday and the owners made a beautiful card and had three petite fours for our dessert.
The breakfast was super good both mornings. David and Pam served fresh fruit yogurt cups and lovely french toast and sausage and homemade cream cheese blintzes. The cream cheese was not Philadelphia brand but a creation specifically made by David!
The room had fresh bottled water each day with crackers and mints. A bouquet of flowers greeted us upon arrival. The flat screen TV with 700 channels gave us plenty of movie choices in the evening.
The outside grounds had Poinciana trees in full bloom, golden trumpets, along with hibiscus, impatiens, an herb garden, nicely appointed outdoor furniture with a clay fire pit for the colder evenings.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Ft. Myers or the surrounding area.
Jory

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jory H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

While looking into a trip to Sanibel I came across this bed and breakfast,I like places like this instead of the big hotels,from the minute I got there I was greeted by Dave the owner of the home,I felt like I have known him for years,he showed me my room and told me about the area as far as sights to see, this place is located in the heart of everything,I was 5 minutes from The Edison Estates,I had a grocery store nearby to pick up food before heading to the beach and it is 20 minutes to Sanibel,there is a place called Pinchers Marina and Crab House about one minute from here where you can sit on the new deck and watch the sunset while eating some amazing food! I met Pam as well and the two of them worked hard to make us a great breakfast and talk and share pictures from the day before,I also enjoyed checking out all the plants and blooming cactus on the property. I have learned a lot about the home from Dave as he takes great pride in telling how this house all came to be,I felt so relaxed and slept great!! I stayed in the palm room with a spa shower and comfy sheets and my own entrance,there is a parking lot on the grounds and on my last day Pam and Dave gave me a card to remember my trip! I traveled alone and felt very safe and I enjoyed talking to the other guests and made some new friends from Italy.It was perfect and I am glad I found this gem!!

Room Tip: They do not have a fitness center that was my mistake,I stayed in the palm room and had a little str...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Avondreha8
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Pam and David were our wonderful hosts for 2 nights. Our room and bath ware lovely, charming and clean. We loved the breakfast with all the people staying there. We had good talks and got a lot of information not only about Fort Myers (the house had a very good location close to downtown),but about Florida too.
Thank you for this nice time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank agachicago
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at the Hibiscus House B&B for a couple of nights recently before returning home to Canada. All I can say is the establishment is absolutely first class in every way. Hosts David and Pam are super-attentive to your every need. Our room (Jasmine) was very comfortable with all the amenities we needed, including some unexpected ones like some nice snacks! The bed was the best, as were the amazing sheets (have to get some of those for home!). The location is very convenient to downtown, old Fort Myers. Literally a block away is the excellent Bennett's Fresh Roast coffee house, and a short walk to downtown provides a wide choice of excellent restaurants. We really enjoyed the breakfasts at Hibiscus.

Finally, for those who are a bit hesitant about a B&B, maybe because you feel you might be too close to your hosts and to other guests, don't be in this case! The Hibiscus provided just the right balance of privacy and connection to others staying in this beautiful old Florida home. The experience was certainly totally different than staying in an ordinary, run-of-the-mill Florida hotel, and at no added premium.

Room Tip: There are several rooms at the Hibiscus. Take a look at their web page for images.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank chardinej
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Pam and David at The Hibiscus House in late February/early March 2014. We were trying to escape from the snow and cold temps in Maryland.....and this lovely and gracious B&B offered us a great getaway location and very cozy & comfortable accommodations! We started each day with a delicious breakfast prepared from scratch and with great care. We enjoyed lively conversations with other guests and our hosts.....and gathered additional ideas for things to do. We went kayaking nearby, walked a boardwalk and saw amazing wildlife at the Six-Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, and took a cruise from Captiva Island to the private Useppa Island. The Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island offered amazing views of Roseate Spoonbills and many other birds. Of course, there are great beaches not far away and many restaurant choices nearby.....not to mention the Edison & Ford Winter Estate Museum. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

What wonderful things can I say about Hibiscus House that haven't already been posted… several times? I will try not to be too redundant.
I can certainly recommend this bed-and-breakfast for anyone and everyone, especially for those who want a relaxing getaway where you'll feel pampered and cared for by friends, David and Pam.
The morning breakfast with the other guests becomes more like a family reunion that is fascinating because these people hail from all over the United States and the world!
If it's privacy you crave, that will be just fine. On one day we had rainy, stormy weather, which we thoroughly enjoyed! I can't tell you how nice it was sitting out on our little porch, reading in bed, with the option of watching the large flat-screen television. So cozy.
Another day, I had arranged a sailaway on the 12 masted schooner, Lynx, as a surprise for my husband with a vow renewal ceremony onboard ship (Surprise number two.). I had told Pam this and she added surprise number three! When we got back to our room there were specially decorated treats, a thoughtful present and a beautifully done momento card celebrating the renewal of our vows. This very special couple have brought their southern-style hospitality and natural friendliness to make this inn warm and inviting to all who enter. They are now our friends; and we are looking to visiting them again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014