“New "homey" Hotel?”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 28 June 2014

In the recent years I was many times in Fort Myers. I did stay in different hotels. The last couple of times I was there, have stayed in one specific hotel, where I felt always "homey". But this homey-hotel, which is not far from ABVI, has changed its image and handling of its customer needs absolutely negatively, in every meaning. Now I booked a room in ABVI just by chance and stayed there for seven nights.
And to my big surprise, as a budget hotel this one with its always attentive and helpful staff was one of the best and pleasant places in this category. The only little complaint one could speak out was missing fruits on the breakfast buffet for a non donuts or muffin eater. Maybe they'll make it available in the future. Oh, just one more thing, which is very uncomfortable for a hotel was, very loud and thoughtless work of the folks for garbage removing (waste management) and some other handicraft firms "very early in the morning".
To make the story short, I would say, I'll be going back to this place again and say Thank you.

Room Tip: My new little Secret!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank adirlik
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us for your seven night vacation, I was very pleased to see you when you walked through the door. We did get more fruit and we will have everything ready for you on your return back to us. Thank you for the awesome trip adviser review and i apologize for the disturbance the garbage truck made.

See you soon!!

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 21 June 2014

There were 3 of us ladies over 40. Had a wonderful room w/2 Q beds. You could tell the was some age on the place but it was very well kept. Clean, nice ppl etc. I'm pretty sure it is Indian owned, and this may sound bad but this is the very best Indian owned hotel I have stayed at. It was once a comfort I think & the owners are doing a great job raising the level of this place. I know most ppl are looking to see what was bad. Well here goes, the pool closed a little early the night we arrived, no one was using it either, my gf stayed in the pool really late another night & never was asked to leave. Pretty much made up for that early issue. The room sleeps 4, they kept giving up towels for 2, had to go ask for more, they gave plenty, w/a smile. How nice! Not being questioned. The breakfast, only one protein option, boiled eggs. McD is down the street, no big deal. Great price!

• Stayed: June 2014
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to post a review about our property, it helps us to see what we have to do to keep all of our guests happy. Thank you for letting us know about the situations your ran into while staying with us. We are gathering more information and will be taking additional steps to address the problems you encountered while with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you and your group in the near future!!

Thanks again for the positive review, happy travels!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

An excellent hotel and staff. Extremely impressed! Will stay there again in a heartbeat! Excellent location for restaurants and also super convenient easy access to the I-75 interstate. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my business needs and to cater to everything else. The room cleanness was impeccable as well.

• Stayed: June 2014
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so very much for the positive review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, just as much as we enjoyed you being here. We hope to see you on your next visit to Fort Myers.

Thanks again for such a great review!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've been staying at the hotel since February 2014 for a few nights each week due to work. For past 20 years, I've traveled for a living, normally staying with Hilton Group. I found this place because room prices in Fort Myers are crazy in Jan / Feb. Have to admit I was skeptical when I made first reservation as it was only property that was under hotel allowance...and who's heard of America's Best Value Inn...

I wasn't expecting much when I first arrived. It's not in a fantastic part of town, but well lit and looks inviting. The rooms are somewhat outdated in style. However, linens are spotlessly clean and replaced daily. Bathroom is equally clean. Flat screen TV in every room. Check in may be a little slow at times due to volume at peak hours. However, staff are exceptionally friendly; in truth way more friendly that the last Hilton I stayed at in Fort Myers.

I would recommend this hotel. It's spotlessly clean with very friendly staff. The free internet helps too! Can't comment about the included breakfast as I've never tried it. For the price, it can't be beat!

About me: may not post here often, but spend approx 200 nights per year in hotels. I'd bring my family here for a weekend away from home.

Room Tip: Off numbers I believe are better. There's a bar across the way at the Day's Inn which someti...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We at Americas Best Value Inn always like to provide 5 star service at VERY competitive prices. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am a woman in my 30's and stayed here for one week while traveling on business. I was traveling alone, so safety and security was of utmost importance to me. I requested a room on the second floor, as these tend to be the more secure rooms (no one driving by, hanging out outside your window, etc.).

I was overall very pleased with my stay at America's Best Value Inn. The room was quiet, clean enough, no one bothered me, and I did not feel unsafe here. Don't get me wrong....this is definitely, definitely a 2-star motel. As with all 2-stars, furniture was very dated and decor could use some updating. The whole place has a "worn-in" feel to it, but this is to be expected for the price. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was simple but decent, and...VERY IMPORTANT.... there were no scary people hanging out in the parking lot that I could see/hear (always a concern with 2-stars).

Of note - I stayed here during weeknights only. The motel is next door to bar, so if you are traveling on a weekend, it has the potential to be more noisy or active at night.

I was overall pleased with my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a "motel-style" building, with doors to individual rooms facing the parking lot (a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Makobleiu2
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We are very pleased to hear to enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in our near future, its always a pleasure having you stay with us.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I cant believe the service for the amount we payed to stay at this hotel. This was a perfect one night stay kinda hotel. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Staff was nice, Location was around walking distance to many restaurants. Breakfast was surprisingly better than expected. The only issue we had was that the tub shower had drainage issues, but it was a very small thing as compared to the cleanliness of the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron S
Rakesh P, Front Desk Rep. at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

I wanted to take the time to say thank you for leaving such a positive review. We always like to provide high quality service at very competitive rates. We hope to see you on your next travels through fort myers.

Thanks again

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The staff was very nice, but I didn't really feel safe in this hotel. The bolt on the lock did not seem secure. The inside was very outdated. Every time someone flushed the toilet in a room around me I could hear it through the pipes in the walls. There were people yelling at each other outside my room at 3am, and others driving by with loud music and bass. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, maybe you would have a better experience on the second.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer B

Dear Valued Guest;

Im sorry to hear that your stay with us was less then you expected. Since your departure we have checked all locks on the doors to make sure that they are fully secure for our future guests, with you being one of them. We would like to apologize for the disturbance that you encountered in the early hours of the morning, those guests were removed once we were made aware.

Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you in the near future.