“Very nice”

Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GA,
“Very nice”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

the hotel is very clean and well maintained. When you look at the outside it may look dodgy but that is not the case inside. Lobby is brand new and the room that I got was newly renovated. They have three floors. Hotel is about 20 miles from the beach but has lots of restaurants around to choose from.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the third floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments! Yes our hotel is extremely convenient to the beaches and plenty of restaurants near the hotel. Hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed one night at the Courtyard in Fort Myers. Room was adequate, but not of the quality that I have come to expect from Courtyard. It needs some updating. Room had two queen beds, desk/tv/fridge/clothes area, sink area outside the bathroom. I was disappointed upon checking into the room that a dirty towel was hanging on the bathroom door, there was waste left in the trash can, and a tissue was left in the toilet. I took the towel to the cleaning lady in the hall to get a replacement towel and explain what I had found. She gave me the towel but took my comments the wrong way and said that the room had been vacant since the day before and that she was not the person who cleaned it. The room also did not have a luggage rack which seems to be standard at Courtyards now, but I still prefer to use one.

We used the pool area which was nice. They had plenty of clean towels in a storage container for use by guests.

If returning to the area, would probably choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area. Our room had a balcony that overlooked a office building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ColonelAudubon
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced at check in. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know your concerns. Comments from our guests, whether good or bad, are important in helping us to provide the best service possible.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at many Courtyards and chose this one due to loyalty to the brand and expectation of a comfortable stay. The staff is friendly and welcoming, no doubt. My room initially seemed alright. But as the evening progressed, it became apparent that the walls are as thin as paper, as is the door. I could hear someone sneeze 3 rooms down the hall, and one individual had his TV on all night long, which I heard word for word. I was in a 1st-floor room, and sometime around midnight the plumbing malfunctioned and sewage came bubbling up through the bathroom drains. Then the sprinkler in the bathroom also malfunctioned and leaked, making the bathroom floor wet, adding to the the nastiness of the sewage backup. I did alert the staff in the morning, and they offered me "points" on my Marriott account, but I would certainly never stay at this particular Courtyard location again. Great staff, sub-standard hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Denarius O, Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hi,

I would like to thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers/Cape Coral during your recent trip to the greater Fort Myers area. It was our pleasure to be at your service during your time with us. I certainly understand the importance of a comfortable stay during times of travel and I offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have reviewed the following issues and have resolved. We would love for you to stay with us again if you travel to Fort Myers in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us if we can provide any further assistance.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice suite style rooms, very comfortable. In lobby bar and snack type restaurant. Great idea for hotels. Its nice to be able to check in and relax with a snack and cocktail without leaving. Hotel iis very clean and very helpful staff.

Room Tip: Close to Interstate I75
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi,

We would like to thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the greater Fort Myers area. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel and you had the opportunity to enjoy several amenities of the hotel. College is a very exciting time and we are thrilled that you chose to sure a part of that experience with us. See you soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We only stayed one night, though wish we would have stayed more as the experience was great. We were upgraded to a suite, which we enjoyed very much. The Starbucks inside is awesome so we enjoyed our morning coffee in the balcony, in a beautiful sunny day...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Englewood
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a big group of children and parents from our son's baseball team for a nearby tournament. The staff provided one of the best customer service I have ever experienced. They had a lot of patience with our big group and especially with all the kids-we had about 30 kids with us!!. They helped us out with everything we needed, food, extra rooms, roll away beds, etc. Our room was very nice and clean. The outdoors areas and pool are very nice as well. We had a great time for a very affordable price. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Pick first floor which has access to the pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SunLifeBeach
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
WOW! II'm glad your group enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels in the area...gorgeous lobby and pool area. The room was small but very well appointed; staff very friendly and helpful. Fortunately, the lobby dining area offers a nice selection of well prepared and reasonably priced meals, since there are few restaurants close to the hotel. Overall, everything seemed well designed, new, and spotlessly clean. I would have been happy to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write such a positive review. Thank you again on behalf of our entire team. We look forward to your return in the future.