“Not a 4 star”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Coralville, Iowa
“Not a 4 star”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Had a completely adequate stay. Staff are very nice, pool area lovely and beds comfortable. Hotel is dated and seems to be going through renovations. However, even though I was on the quiet floor that guarantees quiet between 9 and 10 am, my room was very loud due to renovations on the floor below. Since I was exhausted from traveling, this was disappointing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear iowabeachmom,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant and I apologize for the renovation work you encountered while you were with us. We have been very mindful of our guests but with larger projects it can still sometimes pose an inconvenience. We expect that all this work will be completed very soon as we wish to offer the best experience possible to our guests. Please let us know if you are coming back as we would love to make it up to you. Thank you and safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Upon check in at the Crowne Plaza we found out that my wife was guest of the day. We got a goodie basket and a club level room with all that goes with it. Really nice, free intenet, milk and warm cookies, 2 for 1 drinks, and continental breakfast in the morning. The downside was there wasn't two bathrobes in the room for us, only one and there was no hot tub outside or anywhere.. I suppose I could have gotten one with a quick phone call but I was too busy. Lots of nice shopping and restaurants within a quick walk or ride the shuttle to somewhere else. Very nice.

Room Tip: ask for a poolside room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Bill C,
Thank you for having been our guest at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and we couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We select a "guest of the day" each day and try and bring a little extra happiness to their day with some extra attention. We are glad you enjoyed it. And yes, we would have been happy to bring you an extra robe if you had asked us. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. We will have the milk and warm cookies waiting. Thank you for sending in your review and safe travels to you.
metrowashinton
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The front desk found out it was by birthday weekend and provided us with an upgrade which included complimentary breakfast and happy hour, surprised us with a fruit platter and a birthday card signed by the entire staff. What a thrill. Staff wished me a happy birthday each time they saw me.

Room Tip: Hotel found out it was my birthday weekend and gave us an upgrade that included complimentary breakf...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Goblue51,
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! We were delighted that you spent your birthday weekend with us at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and even more delighted to read your review of your stay with us. Whenever we have the opportunity to make a guest stay a little more special we look forward to doing so. Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to having you come back for a return stay. Perhaps a Valentines Getaway weekend? Thanks again and safe travels.
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The front desk night staff was polite and professional. The rooms and hotel were clean, even the cleaning staff was very friendly. Rooms were very nice, i had an excellent view. I felt comfortable in this room in a matter of minutes. I won't stay anywhere else when i visit Ft Myers unless its directly on the beach but those prices are 50% higher. (minimum)

Room Tip: I highly doubt there's a bad room in the place. It was fancy, at an excellent price. Every time...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Eric C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers. It was nice to hear that your accommodations have always been clean and comfortable and that you have found the staff friendly and enjoyable. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team members. We look forward to having you back as our guest again soon and we wish you a happy holiday season and new year!
Odessa, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I love this Crowne Plaza. They are the friendliest most courteous staff of any hotel I have ever stayed in when I am away from home working in Fort Myers. Jay, Julie and Roe always greet me with a smile and ask how my day has been. When I leave for work and come back to the hotel they always say hello and ask how is my stay and do I need anything. Sara who is now a manager in the back still making a point of greeting me when she sees me. Housekeeping is fantastic and greets me. Like the title says I always stay at the Crowne Plaza Bell Towers whenever I am in Fort Myers or Cape Coral. I even stay there when I have work in Venice or Punta Gorda, it is worth the extra drive time past all those other hotels.
I am even staying there (Second Home) tomorrow checking out Thursday and looking forward to it even though I have to work.

Green Features: The leave a Recycle back in your room to recycle cans and plastic bottles. It is a non-smoking hotel which I love.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Owltobein4,
WOW! What a nice review and thank you for your kind remarks about our staff, specifically Julie, Sarah, Roe and Jay. I know they all take great pride in making every guest stay the very best it can be and we are delighted to here we are a "home away from home" for you. I will certainly make sure that our entire team here knows that you are enjoying your stays and we thank you very much for choosing to be our guest, especially knowing the large area you cover here in SWFL. Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in the new year!
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times along with going to a special event banquet and I have always enjoyed it very much. The rooms are very nice and even though it is in the parking lot of a shopping center it has one of the nicest pools in town. It has a waterfall and is situated in a beautiful tropical environment. Great for a getaway or if you have relatives visiting and the breakfast in the morning for the Club Level is very nice. Service is great and the staff is all very friendly and accommodating. It is very well situated for both business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mark M,
It is so nice to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stays here at the Crowne plaza Ft. Myers and we thank you very much for taking the time to complete a TA review. It was especially nice hearing how much you enjoy our staff as well as our location here at the Bell Tower Shops. We hear from many of our guests that with all that there is to do within a short walk of the hotel, they really enjoy our location. Thank you for having been our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
FT.LAUDERDALE
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great staff,very friendly. Rooms are nice and comfortable.Stayed on the 5th floor. BUT..the water pressure in the shower is weak and is terrible. Not taking a shower with adequate pressure is not the way I like to start off my morning.Sports bar in the hotel was OK nothing great. Outdoor bar area very dirty. Staff seems to take care of the locals pretty good, not so much for the hotel guests.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms on lower floors have better water pressure in shower.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear BIGPHUN,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review from your recent stay with us and while I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our service team, I do apologize we did not do a better job in making a positive impression with our outdoor deck and sports cafe. I will certain share those comments with our team to see we work on improving. We do hope that you will come back and see us again soon and let us know how we are doing. Thank you again for having been our guest.